Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

2 cats, one dog, 3 fish.
2 cars and a sled.

poo poo, I need more rides.

Also - gently caress this month. So glad to have a long weekend. And 2 weeks to vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

cursedshitbox posted:

Things that goons don't care about.

Some of us care :(

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Firing customers is sometimes easy. Other times it is hard when they are completely volatile. I have been drafting an email to a customer off and on all morning making sure the words are chosen tactfully so that it ends the business relationship but leaves him little to no recourse for bitching and moaning on social media about it.

Life advice: if you somehow find a problem with every single thing you ever get from a company and find yourself to be the only one experiencing problems :siren:you are the problem.:siren: Accept defeat, move on. You have taken enough time and resources.

I miss that from 2 jobs ago. We were really laid back and easy going, so I only ever had to fire about 3 customers in 3-4 years, but I loved it. Because if they had gotten to that point, they were awful.
So I'd draft up a very nice polite letter apologizing for us not being able to meet their standards and wishing them the best in finding a company that will cater to their specific needs. So cathartic.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Were you in a coma or in prison? Why would you wait that long? I am generally trying to find reasons to smoke pork shoulders more than twice a month. Understand that the in between weeks are spent smoking ribs/steak/chicken.

I smoked a pot roast a few weeks ago and just thinking about the gravy makes me tear up it was that beautiful.

Yeah, did a nice shoulder starting Saturday night for supper yesterday.
gently caress drat she was good, even if I wasn't feeling 100% Saturday so my rub game was weaksauce.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

Apartment lease signed. 11th floor. Views of the river and the district building. about twice as nice as the place in SF and 1/8 the price.

Jealous as gently caress still.
Keep IRC'ing so I can hear about your hijinks man.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Larrymer posted:

Yep, I had to have surgery for it a few years back. Been great since. Where is yours herniated?

Ibuprofen and ice, and just take it easy. Lay down and bend you knees with feet flat on the floor if it's lower back (mine was L5-S1, this seemed to help).

Wife's got an appointment with a surgeon to likely arrange surgery - L5 and one or two bordering discs. How'd yours go? Worked well?

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Larrymer posted:

L5-S1 is the most common because it's where you transition from larger discs to the smaller ones I believe. I injured it back in college playing sports and dealt with it for about 7 years before I couldn't sit/stand/lay comfortably. Had sciatic nerve pain from it being pinched and pain down my right leg. My procedure was a laminectomy/microdiscectomy and I was told I'd be good after the surgery but maybe later in life my other discs in the area would compress/bulge since they're shouldering more load now, and they naturally compress anyway as you age. I have about a 2" scar on my lower back from it, which obviously I can't see and isn't really a big deal to me.

It's been almost 5 years now (I'm 32) and I've been pain free and only had a flare up or two since the surgery with no nerve pain. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Awesome, thanks. I believe that might be hers as well. Not sure when it was herniated, but it went from "bearable with occasional flareups" to "solid pain all the time" around Canadian Thanksgiving. Took forever to get in to a doctor, then to get MRI's, then blah blah. She's 30 now, so hopefully it can get her a few good decades before anything else flares up. Thanks for that, happy to hear what some other peoples experiences have been!

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Larrymer posted:

No problem. There are a lot of hoops I had to jump through with insurance here too, pretty annoying when you're in pain.

I didn't mention much about recovery. I was off work for 6 weeks but could have probably come back sooner, some go back right away. I wore a back brace to keep it straight (but the pain/stitches would let you know if you weren't upright, haha) for that time and also so people know not to come jump at you or pick you up (friends, if I had them :v:). Decent amount of pain pills but it was never that bad after the first couple days. Walking is encouraged afterward, but the first few days a 1/4 mile (with a walker, mind you) would leave me shaking in a cold sweat, so go slow.

Thank gently caress Canada :) No insurance bullshit, and work will cover short-term disability on it no problem. We figured 6 weeks, and I'll likely take the first few days off to take care of her until she can at least make it around the house alright.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

Everytime I get this i kneel and show em the dents/scars/scratches on my head from where I lay frame on loving everything.

I'm not even that tall (hair over 6'0) and I loving crack my noggin on poo poo.
I'm also fat, so I'm just a large slab of wasted meat. With legs the size of oaks. I'd rather be shorter and skinnier (or at least skinnier)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

everdave posted:

I just finished shooting my 2000th nail through my $12 after coupon harbor freight air nailer that says oil before each use and guess what I haven't oiled it a single time! No one tells me what to do!

In other news I am 6'2 (with eyes of blue) and while I can only speak of 90s cars with authority as that is when I delivered cars for a detail shop I comfortably fit in anything from Yugo to Renault to Neon to Viper.

I have a $15 funny-money-colored-canadian-dollarydoo's one from our HF equivalent, Princess Auto, and its 12 years old and has done thousands of nails. It has seen oil once, when I knocked over a jug of used oil onto it. Still works without a hiccup.
Love that cheap little thing.

• Locked thread