Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

communism bitch posted:

Pizza hut pizza is dogshit imvho. Dominos is far superior.

For starters, no it's not; both chains are poo poo but especially Dominos as when it goes cold their pizza reforms into the cardboard and clay from which it was transmuted.

Second, although he hasn't owned it for nearly 20 years, Dominos was founded by a religious nutcase who used the profits from his business to fund his moral crusades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Borrowing from French domino (1801), from Medieval Latin domino, from Latin dominus (“lord, master”); compare Medieval Latin dominicale (“a kind of veil”).

Is anyone surprised?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

loving lol at this:

quote:

He later dismissed accusations that he is a homophobe by citing his participation in an amateur boxing match against a gay fighter.
Mr Davies said: “Once fought gay boxer. Respect & like.trained with after bout so not bigoted. actvists calm down- listen to other views.”
If ever anyone accuses me of racism I'll be sure to tell them that, actually, I once got in a fist fight with a black guy :smug:

e: also, I think you meant to say "Tory MPs named David Davies", he's the spare. His constituency encompasses Nye Bevan's old seat :smith:

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 31, 2017

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Incidentally, a non-binary person who likes to engage in (consensual) sexual sadism is technically known as a dominatrum. :pseudo:

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Since we're talking towns and poo poo, any goons live in one of them towns less than an hour away from London where you can get a freehold small house for less than £200k and are safe/not poo poo? I'm thinking about getting a mortgage if Brexit doesn't make the country implode, and though I work (and currently live) in London, lol at buying property here.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i am pretty sure a lot of tory estates have a dominatrium near the orangery

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I thought the dominatrum was the part of a rich man's house where he gets owned constantly, possibly by classical philosophers repeatedly spitting in his face.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TomViolence posted:

I thought the dominatrum was the part of a rich man's house where he gets owned constantly
Parliament whenever Skinner speaks?

JFairfax posted:

i am pretty sure a lot of tory estates have a dominatrium near the orangery
Well you need something to put in your mouth when you asphyxiate yourself.

Borrovan posted:

e: also, I think you meant to say "Tory MPs named David Davies", he's the spare. His constituency encompasses Nye Bevan's old seat :smith:
There's also Philip Davies, the MRA who filibustered fire safety.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Mister Adequate posted:

Best pizza is topped with sweetcorn, peppers, pineapple, and mushrooms.

:siren: WINNER ALERT, MOST CORRECT PIZZA OPINION :siren:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Miftan posted:

:siren: WINNER ALERT, MOST CORRECT PIZZA OPINION :siren:

no no no no no

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

The bar for non-terrible pizza opinions in this thread has been set very low, let's be honest.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

JFairfax posted:

no no no no no

yes yes Yes YEs YES YES!!!
I know a guy whose partner is Italian and will not loving shut up about all pizzas not from Naples being inferior or some poo poo, it's absolutely maddening. Plain is also the only correct option according to him so what the gently caress does he know.

Also this thread is at its absolute best when discussing food and British towns.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Parliament whenever Skinner speaks?

Well you need something to put in your mouth when you asphyxiate yourself.

There's also Philip Davies, the MRA who filibustered fire safety.

Also, David Davis (without an 'e'), who's currently flinging his poo poo at Michel Barnier.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Another reason why London - and east London at that - is superior to all other places is Pizza Union. Yeah, they're hipster as gently caress (old school science lab benches and stools, neon/steel industrial decor, every member of staff with considerably more holes than they were born with, etc) but a 12" wood-fired pizza cooked in three minutes for around a fiver is pretty unbeatable.

Agreedo freind.

Ive lived next to two pizza union joints and they were literal godsends.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

So has ITV News always been "Jesus Christ the news is ridiculous" or is this a new development?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Sweetcorn is extremely haram and makes Allah angry.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

TomViolence posted:

The bar for non-terrible pizza opinions in this thread has been set very low, let's be honest.

Pronto's Mango and Balsamic pizza, under a fiver, is what I would give to a visitor from Chicago and/or Napoli in order to demonstrate to them how they are doing pizza wrong.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Mister Adequate posted:

Best pizza is topped with sweetcorn, peppers, pineapple, and mushrooms.

first blair gets away with war crimes and now this, is there any juctice in the world

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

communism bitch posted:

Sweetcorn is extremely haram and makes Allah angry.

Presumably this is a good thing?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

XMNN posted:

first blair gets away with war crimes and now this, is there any juctice in the world

Yeah it needs some form of sausage or meatball instead of the sweet corn.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Presumably this is a good thing?

I'd eat a pizza topped with dogshit before i ate one topped with sweetcorn.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

communism bitch posted:

I'd eat a pizza topped with dogshit

communism bitch posted:

gat dang i love me some dominos
Checks out.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I actually find the pizza from Sainsbury's deli counter to be remarkably good for the price.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

communism bitch posted:

I'd eat a pizza topped with dogshit before i ate one topped with sweetcorn.

I'm rapidly going off you.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I know my SomethingAwful claim to celebrity is my awful pizza opinions, but jesus christ guys

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The best pizza is whatever looks good to you at 3am after a drunken night on the town.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Best pizza topping:

Ham red onions and mushroom bit of chilli sauce.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

The worst part about working for Domino's is the stupid loving mantra that they have.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
15 years ago or so I was at university in the states. We would order delivery pizza for like $5.99 for a twelve inch margherita or a dollar more for pepperoni. An american child driving a car nicer than my parents back in the UK would promptly arrive with my pizza and I would tip him a dollar and then get hosed up with some mexicans or something, get found passed out and have to write an essay about the dangers of alcohol for under 21 year olds.

Now pizza costs a loving fortune and I'm an alcoholic and trump is president. All I remember about Nandos was you had to I dunno carry your own tray and go back up for another beer like a restaurant as envisaged by a child who had only ever eaten in the school canteen. Not a fan.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Pochoclo posted:

I know my SomethingAwful claim to celebrity is my awful pizza opinions, but jesus christ guys

I thought it was your awful steak opinions?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

TinTower posted:

Incidentally, a non-binary person who likes to engage in (consensual) sexual sadism is technically known as a dominatrum. :pseudo:

This is my favourite thing I learned today, thanks!

Also if your pizza doesn't have a soft egg on it's low tier, fight me. It's surprisingly easy to add one to any old frozen oven cook pizza, you just crack it on top when it's nearly cooked and shove it back in the oven.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Firos posted:

The worst part about working for Domino's is the stupid loving mantra that they have.

I got out of McDs just before they brought in that stupid "I'm loving it" bullshit which would have thrown me over the edge I'd been teetering on for a while with that job

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Absolute insanity on the pizzopinions tonight.

Egg on a pizza? Sweetcorn? wtf...

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I thought it was your awful steak opinions?

I'll defend those to the death, more than anarcho-communism even, comrade

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
You know what goes best on a pizza? A burnt steak.

-Pochoclo

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

Maybe don't compare with the country that has literally the cheapest food in the world.

...so cheap I had a deep dish pepperoni from Little Caesar's last week. $8 plus tax.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Egg on pizza is legit pretty great, just like on burgers. I, too, am horrified by some of the pizza opinions in this thread. Especially Ober's. The Hut is much better than Domino's

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Pizza Hut is better than pizza express.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

You know what goes best on a pizza? A burnt steak.

-Pochoclo

n-no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Egg on a pizza has to be done juuuust right, but it is legit good. Pizza Express isn't bad for a chain, but I hear disturbing news that they have stopped salted anchovies in favour of boquerones, which is just wrong.

• Locked thread