Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

iajanus posted:

He is seriously the worst public speaker.

Hansen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Youtube only recommends Tony Abbott vids now. help

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Lid posted:

Former prime minister Tony Abbott has urged his sympathisers in the New South Wales Liberals to wrestle back control of the party from powerbrokers.

The now backbencher is demanding an overhaul of the Liberal state branch, but many in the party have accused him of stoking a broader factional brawl between moderates and conservatives.

There is a heated debate bubbling away in the New South Wales division over whether to adopt a Victorian-style plebiscite model to empower branch members in preselecting candidates.

Mr Abbott made the comments at a gathering of conservative Liberals, billed as a "Call to Arms for the Forgotten People of our Party".

He warned his colleagues of the threat from the Labor Party, backed by the war chests of the union movement, come the next election.

"The only way we can be a real people's movement is if we respect the people, above all else if we respect the people who are in our party," he argued.

Is this related to the rumoured attempt by some to not give him pre-selection?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
The meltdown if he doesn't get preselected is going to be :magical:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

Is this related to the rumoured attempt by some to not give him pre-selection?

He's been going on about this for ages.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Bogan King posted:

The meltdown if he doesn't get preselected is going to be :magical:

I don't think there's any chance they'd actually do it, but if they did it would indeed be amazing to watch.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Synthbuttrange posted:

Ugh is he seriously making a tilt for leadership again

leadershit

pooshit

pooppoops

When Turnbull challenged he gave "30 consecutive Newspoll losses" as one reason for ousting Abbott. Turnbull's about halfway to meeting that criteria now too, so this time next year we could see a challenge shortly before a Federal election, just to lock in the whole first-as-tragedy-then-as-farce thing that national politics has become.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Hanson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHozn0YXAeE

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

When Turnbull challenged he gave "30 consecutive Newspoll losses" as one reason for ousting Abbott. Turnbull's about halfway to meeting that criteria now too, so this time next year we could see a challenge shortly before a Federal election, just to lock in the whole first-as-tragedy-then-as-farce thing that national politics has become.

Except more like first as farce, then again as loving I don't even know double farce?

Adults are back in charge.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

hooman posted:

Except more like first as farce, then again as loving I don't even know double farce?

Adults are back in charge.

I don't know, Labor did some genuine good (and tried to do more) when they were in power.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I don't know, Labor did some genuine good (and tried to do more) when they were in power.

I meant more the decisions about leadership and repeatedly publicly making GBS threads themselves in factional rifts.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Lockout laws don't matter when you go so wild that you're kicked out of the pub by 930 anyway.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When the mad monk does his leadership challenge I hope he is dressed like a game of thrones character, only his armor is made entirely out of bagged onions.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Same except I hope he crashes his bike off a bridge on the way to the venue

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Bogan King posted:

Yeah, everyone knows it is French for 'yum'

NO. Petite Miam is french for yummy. Yoplait is just french for yogurt. Though together they mean yummy yogurt. And it was yummy yogurt. I wonder if they still have it.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i wonder if he actually thinks his platform will win the lnp the next election

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

BBJoey posted:

i wonder if he actually thinks [incredibly dumb thing]

yes

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BBJoey posted:

i wonder if he actually thinks his platform will win the lnp the next election

Of course he does, the majority of people agree with him after all

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Les Affaires posted:

Crean of the CARP

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
All these facebook comments on the Liberal Party page clamouring for the return of Peter Costello to save them :thunk:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Remember to post 25% shittier today, penalty rates have dropped so your standards should too.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Bogan King posted:

Remember to post 25% shittier today, penalty rates have dropped so your standards should too.

Not me :smug:

Because my lovely union already has a baseline lower than the proposed cuts to penalty rates

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
lol Lee Rhiannon is on Insiders.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Shouldn't she be on Outsiders instead?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
NSW Greens internal council emails have been leaked

Truly this is the biggest news since Snowden

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
gently caress it's already july

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Anidav posted:

All these facebook comments on the Liberal Party page clamouring for the return of Peter Costello to save them :thunk:

I picture Costello chilling on a beach at his pacific island holiday home, the waves lapping against his feet- Cocktail in one hand, and today's paper on the table. He scrolls through the Liberal FB comments on his platinum Iphone, shakes his head, and sips his drink. "lol gently caress that".

The first comment I see on their FB page:

"Whilst left wing Malcolm continues to be PM and push this party to the left. I like many other conservatives will never vote for you again until there is a conservative change. Good luck in the political wilderness after the next election."

Oh boy it's gonna be good.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Lid posted:

NSW Greens internal council emails have been leaked

Truly this is the biggest news since Snowden

So am I correct in thinking that 6 (faceless?) people in NSW who told Rhiannon how to vote, held all the Green MP's to their own view? Why didn't the rest of the Green MP's vote for it?

(I should probably go to my first party meeting and ask them, but the lady I talked to on the phone didn't seem to want to talk about it for reasons).

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Comstar posted:

So am I correct in thinking that 6 (faceless?) people in NSW who told Rhiannon how to vote, held all the Green MP's to their own view? Why didn't the rest of the Green MP's vote for it?

(I should probably go to my first party meeting and ask them, but the lady I talked to on the phone didn't seem to want to talk about it for reasons).

Come to the SDC this weekend :getin:

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I voted Greens in the Senate last federal election. As I am in NSW, do I take heed of the policies on greens.org.au or should I be looking somewhere else for what the NSW Greens have as election policy?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Re: The Coalition are hosed and cannot win the next election.

The ALP can win the next election basically on Queensland alone and that is absolutely wild given how much this state fluctuates between kicking out fascists like Campbell Newman to absolutely loving them like Pauline Hanson.

Labor is on 69 and even if the ALP vote softens elsewhere, All the ALP needs to form government is basically Queensland seats. Polling aggregation shows that they are going to get this plus more

In fact the LNP are so hosed that they are currently losing the 2PP in every state including NSW and QLD - a state with a separate election looming that shows the LNP forming a government.

Even if you assume QLD might change its mind and suddenly love LNP again, say after the state election; the LNP still loses out federally:

WA is loving bleeding seats, Tasmania and the NT are on ALP lockdown, NSW is slowly drifting and Victoria is probably not going to move one way or the other.

We are basically with a dead government one year on. There are no real achievements here and this government is probably the most inactive and regressive in modern history, completely destroying climate science and lowering wages of poor people for fun.

Good riddance.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

If an election were held today, Peter Dutton would lose his seat.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

When you look at that 2PP vote for NSW and look at the seats held you can see that Abbott has a stopped-clock point about how poo poo the Liberals are at selecting candidates.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Polls don't mean anything though

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I disagree

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Pols at the very least mean drama for tragics :shrek:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Doctor Spaceman posted:

When you look at that 2PP vote for NSW and look at the seats held you can see that Abbott has a stopped-clock point about how poo poo the Liberals are at selecting candidates.

They keep picking him so I guess he's right.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Comstar posted:

The PLC upheld the existing policy position. As far as I'm concerned the rest of party room was going rogue by negotiating. The question is ultimately who determines policy - the party or the MPs?

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Capt.Whorebags posted:

I voted Greens in the Senate last federal election. As I am in NSW, do I take heed of the policies on greens.org.au or should I be looking somewhere else for what the NSW Greens have as election policy?

All the Greens MPs across the country took Gonski 1.0 to the election as a platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Greens :cawg:

• Locked thread