Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Our bears look more like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

HookShot posted:

You're banned from this thread.

Yeah, everyone knows it is French for 'yum'

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bandt eh?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/j0BCZwh.mp4

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Yeah, sounds a shitload like regular old drug dealers who are brown are now terrorists.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/880289631643738112/pu/vid/246x180/5N-YTnOUTk6eRAIH.mp4

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm hearing talk that there is going to be a new thread. Auspol Left Renewal. loving splitters.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Les Affaires posted:

Crean of the Crap

http://i.imgur.com/j0BCZwh.mp4

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The meltdown if he doesn't get preselected is going to be :magical:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Lockout laws don't matter when you go so wild that you're kicked out of the pub by 930 anyway.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Remember to post 25% shittier today, penalty rates have dropped so your standards should too.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Shouldn't she be on Outsiders instead?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Pols at the very least mean drama for tragics :shrek:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Greens :cawg:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

G-Spot Run posted:

can you hear the people sing, singing the songs of angry men

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/jonathonio/status/881291078170591232

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16bFBzx7I_0 ??

Thought this was a new CanPol based on the tag, reading it anyway even if its not. How are you today Australia? Is your housing bubble and resource economy in deep poo poo like ours?

DON'T YOU loving COME HERE AND TALK poo poo ABOUT COAL. COAL IS THE FUTURE. COAL IS LIFE.

:coal:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'd say a definite yes but for the fact that Birdstrike failed to put :grovertoot: in the hauspost.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Living longer does not mean living better.

Unless your seniors residences and old age homes are in way better shape than ours.

Live longer doesn't even apply to the indigenous population. Just another reason Australia and Canada are the same place.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I figured the bads were about even and the real differences were we have better beaches vs Canada having better snow + poutine.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/RealMarkLatham/status/881638249910812672

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

open24hours posted:

Like a workhouse without the house.

gently caress me, taxpayers funding unpaid, unskilled, work. If your business model is so poo poo that it can't pay for and train staff then you shouldn't be running a business.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

One of the biggest threats to the economy is the lack of wage growth and they pull this poo poo.

It really should be a slam dunk for a pro worker party but unfortunately Australia doesn't have one of those so RIP.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Given the courting of the PHON vote and this attempt at loving over the youth it's quite obvious how they feel about youth and Asia.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/justinfabo/status/881731273986777088

https://twitter.com/justinfabo/status/881734596823470080

Something about killing all boomers

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

1000 year ALP reich based on ditching this and penalty rate fuckery.

But we're in the darkest timeline so that won't happen anyway.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Remember how the head of the Reserve Bank said wage growth was not high enough and it was causing problems with the economy? Guess who's staff are getting a sub-inflation rate pay rise [ABC]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

ABC posted:

Indigenous girls skipping school, stealing during menstruation due to cost, embarrassment

Girls in remote Indigenous communities are stealing sanitary pads and skipping school for several days during their periods, a Queensland report finds.

The University of Queensland's Global Change Institute report found girls who were normally law-abiding felt forced to steal sanitary pads from local stores, because packets could cost up to $10 each.

Schools in some areas had no sanitary bins in bathrooms, others had no soap, or the toilets clogged up, the report found after speaking to 17 organisations in Queensland, Northern Territory, South Australia and NSW.

One representative said sometimes there were bins outside the toilet, but it is too "embarrassing" to use.

Lead researcher Doctor Nina Hall said they set out to evaluate drinking water quality and the issue of feminine hygiene was unexpected.

They found menstruating was still a source of shame for girls, and it was not talked about.

"Access to pads can be really expensive at local shops, $10 a packet," one representative told the researchers.

"There are cases of women stealing who would never normally steal.

"They're just so embarrassed that they steal pads ... depending on how it's located in the store."

Excerpts of interviews with students revealed hygiene standards in some places were not acceptable in modern day Australia.

The report found women were also using underwear instead of buying sanitary pads.

"The local plumbing services say there are a lot of problems with not just tampons being flushed but various piece of clothing," Dr Hall said.

"Mothers and grandmothers have said that girls are missing school when they have their periods.

"It shocks me as an Australian.

"When we as women and girls manage our menstruation it shouldn't be a barrier to daily life.

"Girls are potentially missing school every month which is not a story you expect to hear in Australia."
Obligation to fix hygiene challenges

In 2011, there were about 116,000 people living in remote, discrete Indigenous communities.

The report said hygiene challenges such as poor water quality contributed to ongoing health disparities.

Dr Hall said no one organisation or government body was to blame for the sub-standard conditions.

She said Australia was a signatory to the United Nations' sustainable development goals overseas, but needed to look closer to home.

"At an international level we've got that responsibility," Dr Hall said.

"Before Australia just focuses overseas where we provide our aid dollar, have we got everything sorted out here?"

How's the drinking water situation in schools .... HOLY gently caress WE'RE TREATING YOUNG ABORIGINAL WOMEN LIKE ABSOLUTE poo poo JUST FOR GROWING UP

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

It really does look like they're just trying to burn everything down and salt the earth because they know they're done next election. They've got a year so they need to get busy.

------------------------------------------------

Tanya Plibersek will not back NSW Labor motion to recognise Palestine [Guardian]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Government builds social housing and then lets it sit empty long enough that it gets trashed and becomes unliveable [ABC]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Osman sums up the 'intern' bullshit nicely in this clip

https://twitter.com/ABCthedrum/status/881792786634129408

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/BriggsGE/status/881842103285825537

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Looks like Katter is black after all

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The Medicare machine: patient details of 'any Australian' for sale on darknet [Guardian]

Big data baby. Big data all over your face. :toot:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheCalebBond/status/881820298701438976

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The country is just so white. [NY Times]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bill Shorten: Make sure women get paid $4 an hour too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Tudge on buying Medicare details or how he's avoiding the elephant in the room - identity theft.

• Locked thread