Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think Larry Hama is still writing the original GI Joe series today, only through IDW and not Marvel. I've only ever heard great things about his GI Joe stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah IDW owns the rights to all the GI Joe stuff now. Maybe some of it is on Comixology Unlimited? Though I doubt much if it is since that service really doesn't get you that much.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Because I have a disease I drove an hour out of my way to go look at a comic collection after work tonight. 5 long boxes, nothing special but he said he had a lot of Deadpool issues and Deadpools are easy money right now. He had the two minis, the first 12 of the ongoing from 1997 and a bunch of X-force issues. Not really worth the trip to be honest. He wanted $200, I talked him down to $100 and then struggled to fit the 5 boxes in my Miata. Got home, got unloaded and dumped them in the garage and I'm sitting here alphabetizing them and I've found a complete run of X-Factor from 1-121 (so far), first Apocalypse and Archangel in NM shape and in box #4 I hit his New Mutants stuff. Started at #53 and I'm flipping through and I get to #95 and I swear I got sweaty and my hands went numb and BAM, New Mutants #98. And it's loving flawless. Hell of a score for $100 and two hours out of my day.

I still never sold my Deadpool collection that I PM'd you for advice about. I guess I'll get around to it someday.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Time to get on it bro. I'd put off buying a NM98 for so long that prices had sky rocketed so I'm glad I scored this. I now have an unbroken run of DP appearances from his first all the way to 2008. I don't even like DP, I just knew these would be money comics.

They're sitting in a box (like a real box, not a comic box) in my closet and I'm too lazy/disinterested in doing the whole ebay thing and shipping them off and I don't need the money so there's no motivating factor in getting rid of them until I need the space in the closet. So it might be Deadpool 3 by the time that happens.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

haitfais posted:

$10 for 25 comics is pretty good no matter what's in there.

"Oh wow I got all of Galactic Storm!"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pastry of the Year posted:

I always liked Jones's writing, for the record, although I haven't gone back to it since this news broke. Has anyone here? Are there hints of this sort of stuff in what I, as a kid, found otherwise innocent and good?

I mean yeah, there's some stuff there that makes you go "Oh wait was that... oh" in retrospect. Like Prime and the whole child fantasy part of it really sets of some alarm bells.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ghostlight posted:

I really liked iZombie, but to be honest I've only read a few issues because I'm really lazy at ordering physical comics.

The show is way better than the comics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

First George Romero, now Martin Landau. This day loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Autism Sneaks posted:

It's definitely not the comics, just some edgelords that sold a pitch to the CW which laps up that poo poo. The CW is to AMC what AMC is to HBO/Starz.

The "some edgelord" that created the show and is the showrunner is also the Chief Creative Officer of Archie Comics and has written one of the best Archie books ever even if it only comes out like once a year.

Also the show is loving great.

• Locked thread