Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

I sure love people who use "SJW" unironically.

Or even imagine that it's somehow an insult, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

Amazon and other non-comic retailers use a distributor other than Diamond which is always a few weeks behind. And yeah, your local store just probably isn't ordering many or any $125 books short of special orders.

Unrelated, Alex de Campi is tweeting about an unnamed publisher inviting her to a retreat, but being unwilling to pay for her child (she's a single mother), and threatening to remove her from the as-yet unreleased book if she doesn't at least teleconference in to the whole thing.

https://twitter.com/alexdecampi/status/882651634018463744

Ugh, I just read that. The thing is also for this weekend, apparently and she just got notified.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Skwirl posted:

The Warren Ellis Castlevania anime is on Netflix now

Any good? G.I. Joe resolute was pretty terrific.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
My son just started calmly explaining to me who Starscream, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Soundwave are. I have never really exposed him to Transformers (I assume he picked it up at school).

It was very amusing. I guess this is the nerd equivalent of your kid discovering the "unknown" band you listened in in High School.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

If your unknown band was a modern billion dollar franchise.

I mean, he's not quite five so might as well be the same thing to him.

It was more his earnestness in telling me about something totally new and cool to him I'm thinking of.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

omnibobb posted:

Last night, my son was miming things over Facetime for his mother to guess what he was and it migrated from "trapped in a box" kind of mime things to acting out different MCU characters. Being my ex-wife, she easily got all of these.

He then went into characters that he knew of, but wasn't as familiar with. Like, he wanted to be Doctor Octopus, but didn't know how to act as him other than him rising up by his arms as he's floating and he aasked me for clues to give to his mom. I told him to tell her he has 8 arms and an advanced degree. She got Doc Oct pretty quick but he wanted me to come up with a different character that has 8 arms and an advanced degree to trick her.

He's the cutest nerd.

I love it. There has to be a backup genius with eight arms. Marvel has so many geniuses.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Rhyno posted:

Who knows. But his house was nice and he had none of the usual I STOLE THIS STUFF ticks. We get plenty of people in the store trying to sell stolen poo poo, usually there's a few tells.

Like missing teeth.

You need to write a book.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

This is perfect.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

I love that movie and didn't know this existed. Thanks.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I just found out in making the shipping post that Ray Fawkes has a new Fantomah series starting next week.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR171575
Fantomah. Fletcher 'Stardust: The Super-Wizard" Hanks' Fantomah.

If you're not updating your pull-list right now, you don't know what you're doing.

I'm not sure I see the appeal of anything Fletcher Hanks once you take the Fletcher Hanks out of it.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Stan Lee is creating a hot new property for Audible!

https://www.engadget.com/2017/07/21/marvel-stan-lee-audible/

This can't end well.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Teenage Fansub posted:

You should deffo start to recognize John Workman. Look at any Simonson Thor.
Dude still works on the current Batman and Mother Panic.

I dig his M's.

But did Workman do the amazing onomatopoeia or was that Simonson himself?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

Stephen Amell from that tv show "Hawkeye" did something pretty great at comic-con.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9aZJpIixJE

(only possible reaction)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Seems somewhat divisive, but if I enjoy the placid nostalgia of old Archie comics, Riverdale doesn't sound like the show for me! At least my appraisal of its trashiness wasn't ill-informed, just some see that as a strength.

That's fair. My wife and I ate that show up. I loved seeing how messed up they made all the parents. Also I felt ti maintained a really good pace throughout and did a great job mixing "creepy town backstory" with the typical trashy teen genre and an actual ongoing plot that didn't get lost too badly.

My fear is that with season 2 being twice as long they might lose the pacing. And also they underutilized Reggie and the actor moved on.

• Locked thread