Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

blue footed boobie posted:

This graphic supposedly shows the most expensive players at every position in the PL.

That is a very underwhelming most expensive team ever.

They forgot Mangala.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

They forgot Mangala.

I thought Mustafi seemed out of place. I like how that makes the team even worse.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

They forgot Mangala.

That's because no one can actually figure out how much Mangala really cost.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

That's because no one can actually figure out how much Mangala really cost.

There are two figures so large they cannot be comprehended without recreating the ship from event horizon, mangala's transfer fee and jazzy jams wages

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Byolante posted:

There are two figures so large they cannot be comprehended without recreating the ship from event horizon, mangala's transfer fee and jazzy jams wages

The SS Jorge Mendes.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Levy throwing some shade

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/25/tottenham-chairman-daniel-levy-mocks-unsustainable-spending

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm shocked that Daniel Levy is against spending money, shocked.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

He sounds just like Wengy when Arsenal were building a new stadium.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

pik_d posted:

They forgot Mangala.

Doesn't matter because David Luiz was 50m so he beats out both Mangala and Mustafi for that second CB spot.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Jose Mourinho bitching about the problem he threw gasoline on while managing Chelsea

quote:

Some clubs are paying or they don't buy because they don't accept the numbers that are now ruling the market, or to do it they have to go the same levels and for me that's what worries me a little bit because now we speak about £30 million, £40 million, £50 million in such an easy way

Yeah, go gently caress yourself, Jose.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ahaha he's such a hypocritical oval office.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Mourinho went on to say that inflation at the top of the market was driving inflation at the bottom, commenting "Who would pay £89 million for Pogba, and then the next summer pay £75 million for Lukaku, and expect the market not to respond? That person would be insane."

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wish he would stop talking

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

vyelkin posted:

Doesn't matter because David Luiz was 50m so he beats out both Mangala and Mustafi for that second CB spot.

Noted Premier League club, Paris St. Germain.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
He's never going to stop talking. Being sanctimonious about the commercialization of football, he's found his mecca at Mancchester United.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Poor smalltime Manchester United with their tiny cash reserves never spending any money lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Poor smalltime Manchester United with their tiny cash reserves never spending any money lol

I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
How we can win the ICC Title - Permutations

A win against Barcelona in normal time will clinch the title regardless of results in the final 5 ICC-US matches.

A win against Barcelona on penalties, and we will win the ICC Title unless Roma beats Juventus in normal time in the final match of the tournament; or if Real Madrid beat Man City and Barcelona both in normal time.

Lose against Barcelona on penalties, and we'll still have a slim chance to win the title.

Lose against Barcelona in normal time and we'll be out of the running for the title.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Turns out that when Monaco left Mendy out of the squad with an "injury" while he met with City, it was actually a real injury. Mendy is actually injured. City bought a pre-injured player. He'll probably miss the first game of the season.

Good thing they spent £26m on Danilo, I guess?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

PirateBob posted:

A win against Barcelona in normal time will clinch the title regardless of results in the final 5 ICC-US matches.

A win against Barcelona on penalties, and we will win the ICC Title unless Roma beats Juventus in normal time in the final match of the tournament; or if Real Madrid beat Man City and Barcelona both in normal time.

Lose against Barcelona on penalties, and we'll still have a slim chance to win the title.

Lose against Barcelona in normal time and we'll be out of the running for the title.

wrong thread

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

mackintosh posted:

wrong thread

Yeah I forgot we have a thread for retarded poo poo aka PirateBob posts :D

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

PirateBob posted:

Source your quotes

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Saying the International Champions Cup is a glorified friendly and less meaningful than the community shield is really not a good argument.

I hold the community shield higher than FA cup, the FA cup is an entry into community shield.

Explain to me why the community shield is meaningless? The winner of the FA cup vs the league winner. It seems like it's hard to get a hold of. I think just because it happens at the beginning of next season you decide it worth nothing, but if it was at the end of the season it wouldnt be so meaningless.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
the ICC is an absolute farce

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

PirateBob posted:

Lmao on caring this much about a friendly tournament

On an entirely unrelated note cannot wait to win the league and cup double over the next two weeks

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

Saying the International Champions Cup is a glorified friendly and less meaningful than the community shield is really not a good argument.

I hold the community shield higher than FA cup, the FA cup is an entry into community shield.

Explain to me why the community shield is meaningless? The winner of the FA cup vs the league winner. It seems like it's hard to get a hold of. I think just because it happens at the beginning of next season you decide it worth nothing, but if it was at the end of the season it wouldnt be so meaningless.

Oh man these are good.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

PirateBob posted:

lol nice

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Weaponized Cum posted:

the ICC is an absolute farce

:rolleyes: The jealousy is palpable.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

PirateBob posted:

:discourse:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The ICC Title.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I liked these posts more when I thought they were talking about the International Criminal Court

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

brocked posted:

I liked these posts more when I thought they were talking about the International Criminal Court

There is just as much pointless faffing about nobody really cares about, but at the end the friendly tournament actually has a result

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Also, this one has more than just africans appearing

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
:rip:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4736802/Arsenal-play-Mohamed-Elneny-centre-back.html

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

PirateBob posted:

Looks like your garbage team full of wastemen is out m8

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Arsenal have a decent amount of defenders what the gently caress is this.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Looks like your garbage team full of wastemen is out m8

The sextuple dream is dead :cry:
This bodes ill for the season.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Yes lets take a player that seems to lose concentration and fail to track his runner more than Denilson and make him a CB. This seems a good plan. Still probably better than Gabriel tho.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Hello, when does the Barclays Premier League start again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It doesn't.

The Barclays Premier League is dead.

Long live the Premier League (unbranded)

• Locked thread