Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It continues the long footballing tradition of starting on Friday the 11th of August with the riveting fixture of Arsenal v LeiZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

You picked one of the few opening weekend games that are likely to be good to poo poo on

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Ninpo posted:

Arsenal

Vegetable posted:

likely to be good

:thunk:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
How about bad in an amusing way? The 5-3 game was good fun from 2 seasons ago.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Sanchez hasn't shown up for pre-season training because he says he's got the flu, and then he posted this on instagram, this is top-tier trolling and i love it

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Sanchez hasn't shown up for pre-season training because he says he's got the flu, and then he posted this on instagram, this is top-tier trolling and i love it

I was all hyped about this, but the article about it is written in a misleading way. Apparently he's not actually due to report to training until Sunday and whether he's sick or not today doesn't actually mean anything. At least until he doesn't show up on Sunday.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's a nice dog

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

how many dogs does that man have???

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bogan Krkic posted:

how many dogs does that man have???

Two (2) dogs

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Liverpool crushed the mighty Hertha Berlin tonight. It looks like this could be our year.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Xabi posted:

Liverpool crushed the mighty Hertha Berlin tonight. It looks like this could be our year.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Xabi posted:

A scouser happy about crushing :eyepop:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ninpo posted:

Oh no

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Ninpo posted:

mods

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ninpo posted:

You're better than this.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
will we get a trophy if we win the emirates cup

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

You're better than this.

This was funny though

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Xabi posted:

Phwoar at that Salah goal.

https://streamable.com/nseal

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah that was poor, sorry everyone

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Ninpo posted:

Yeah that was poor, sorry everyone

i liked it because i don't like any of the liverpoo posters

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ninpo posted:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Ninpo posted:

:wow:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ninpo believed the hype and then made a nonpoliticallycorrectism. A modern day Icarus...

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arsenal have won the Emirates Cup on goals scored, phwoar

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Vegetable posted:

Arsenal won, despite not having the best win/loss record due to getting a point per goal, not just wins. :psyduck:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

pik_d posted:

Arsenal won, despite not having the best win/loss record due to getting a point per goal, not just wins. :psyduck:

Indeed. Micky Mouse cup for sure. Also the Arsenal midfield is insanely poo poo and I wish they would improve it.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Vegetable posted:

Mourinho would claim this as an actual trophy

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Lots of money spent and a cross to Fellaini is still the only way my pooshited can create a chance

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm going to be in London either October 14th or 21st. More realistically is the 21st. I'm meeting some family over there for a good time and I'm gunna blow a portion of my bonus check going over. On my bucket list is seeing an EPL game. I'm looking for great atmosphere and a good experience. It's also close enough to my birthday I'm willing to splurge to make all this poo poo happen so, between the 14th and 21st of October, what of literally ANY OF the PL games happening would you recommend? Seeing one of the big teams would be good but I'd take a nasty rivalry too.

gently caress you I'm Millwall

I manage Millwall in FIFA and my roommate in uni was a huge Arsenal fan.

E: semi related to this uhh how hard is it to get tickets? Should I get them like ASAP?

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 30, 2017

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Indeed. Micky Mouse cup for sure. Also the Arsenal midfield is insanely poo poo and I wish they would improve it.

It so bad and it was obviously the biggest weakness all of last season. Hopefully the rumblings are true and Wengy will go after Seri to take Cazorla's place as the club's teeny tiny creative midfielder, but I doubt Wengy actually recognizes the problem.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Waroduce posted:

I'm going to be in London either October 14 or 21st. I'm meeting some family over there for a good time and I'm gunna blow a portion of my bonus check going over. On my bucket list is seeing an EPL game. I'm looking for great atmosphere and a good experience. It's also close enough to my birthday I'm willing to splurge to make all this poo poo happen so, between the 14th and 21st of October, what of literally ANY OF the PL games happening would you recommend? Seeing one of the big teams would be good but I'd take a nasty rivalry too.

gently caress you I'm Millwall

I manage Millwall in FIFA and my roommate in uni was a huge Arsenal fan.

E: semi related to this uhh how hard is it to get tickets? Should I get them like ASAP?

Do you want to watch one of the London clubs at home then? 14th has Crystal Palace-Chelsea, Watford-Arsenal and Tottenham-Bournemouth while 21st has Tottenham-Liverpool, Chelsea-Watford and West Ham-Brighton. Palace v Chelsea would probably be best atmosphere?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Im willing to travel so I don't particularly care where the game is although we will be based out of London probably I was also just informed that the most likely weekend is going to be the 21st

Of the matches you listed Liverpool vs Tottenham seems to be the biggest quote-unquote but I am not very familiar with teams outside of the top five

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

It will be a little bit different trying to catch Tottenham while they are Wembley. You probably won't have a hard time getting a seat (the Chelsea one open to members right now has most of the upper bowl available), but it is different watching them at Wembley as opposed to White Hart Lane was.

Out of all the games listed above, i'd agree Palace at Selhurst will have the best atmosphere

gtkor fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 30, 2017

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
my immediate first thought was palace if you want atmosphere, especially against chelsea. spurs liverpool will be a better game but poo poo atmosphere (spurs fans + wembley)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'd go Tottenham Liverpool and just drink 15 pints and flail around Americanly.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So it's gunna be the 21st Def after speaking to my mother. Where are we with that date? Liv and tot? Chelsea and Arsenal are both I'm London but is either match worth it if they're home?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Spurs and Liverpool at Wembley is the way to go on the 21st. You will be surprised at how long it takes to get out of Wembley and how much is shut down after the match is over.

Tickets will be available for that one starting September 14th, you are probably looking at upper bowl seats by then.

gtkor fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 30, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd love to see a match this year. Maybe for my 30th....

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

gtkor posted:

Spurs and Liverpool at Wembley is the way to go on the 21st. You will be surprised at how long it takes to get out of Wembley and how much is shut down after the match is over.

Tickets will be available for that one starting September 14th, you are probably looking at upper bowl seats by then.

why cant i buy better tickets before :( ?

also how much is beer in your stadiums over there? At football games in american stadiums a beer is like 8-12 bucks which is probably like 11-15 pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Waroduce posted:

why cant i buy better tickets before :( ?

also how much is beer in your stadiums over there? At football games in american stadiums a beer is like 8-12 bucks which is probably like 11-15 pounds.

Pounds are worth more than the dollar, it's the other way around.

• Locked thread