Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lampsacus posted:

Does anybody else have the problem where they've rewatched the revival episodes so many times they've tapped them dry? I guess I could start on the Martha season again.

Honestly, there's not many revival eps I can watch over and over. That's what Big Finish and other TV shows are for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I admire their sticking to the joke.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lampsacus posted:

I have a vision of the next Doctor being a mumbling introvert a la a Newt Salamander.

Redmayne's Newt seemed too much like a Matt Smith impression, honestly.

EDIT: My hot take: I never liked Tennant as the Doctor.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 5, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'd call 10 a Hartnell, honestly. For all his wisecracking, he still likes to present himself very much as an authority figure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

Have any examples of 5 loving with people?

Earnest question. I can't personally think of any, but I've only watched his run once.

"You're really going on the run from your own people... again?!"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Forktoss posted:

Coming soon to BBC Three, it's

I love your comics so much. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CobiWann posted:

drat it - last night's episode didn't take. What did I miss?

Omega came back! It was revealed his experiments with the black hole and time travel were the cause of the Weeping Angels! The Doctor pulled the Hand of Omega out of storage from the TARDIS, and rode it Dr Strangelove style, blasting both he and Omega back into the antimatter universe! But then it was revealed that Bill had rescued him last moment and placed him back at Antarctica in 1986.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Box of Bunnies posted:

Has Matt Smith had a wax figure made for the promo shots?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I feel like Doctor Who has a different kind of profile in Britain compared with Star Trek in America. I feel like there's a bigger and wider sense of affection for Doctor Who; no doubt a combination of its status as more of a children's programme and the smaller audience.

But compare the fiftieth anniversary of Doctor Who to the fiftieth anniversary of Star Trek.

Right, there's a real sense Star Trek Beyond wouldn't have happened if Paramount hadn't realised it was the 50th.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Amazon UK has a Prime Day deal on the Power of the Daleks special Blu-ray

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Alright, that's a decent game! 12 episodes, 12 one off Doctors! Pick your Time Lords!

1) Ashley Walters
2) Tom Wlaschiha
3) Frances de la Tour
4) Alan Davies
5) Jeff Goldblum
6) Eddie Izzard
7) Tamsin Grieg
8) Idris Elba
9) David Warner
10) Yrsa Daley-Ward
11) Donald Glover
12) Paul McGann ("you might find yourself revisiting just a few...")

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Recent comment from Rachel Talalay - who is directing the Christmas episode - is that she doesn't know who the next Doctor is.

No regeneration filmed = another season of Capaldi! :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I just totted up and realised I'm about ~£50 from completing my classic Who on DVD run. :stare:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

With Reggie Yates getting older and Ukweli Roach off working in America, he's one of the guys I'd be keen to see playing Peter Grant if and when that Rivers of London adaptation ever gets a move on.

Out of those, Ukweli Roach fits closer to my head version. Plus Kaluuya is off in the US too now. Black Panther, Get Out, etc.

Also acceptable:

- Daniel 'Clyde Langer' Anthony from Sarah Jane Adventures
- Samuel 'Danny Pink' Anderson
- Alfie 'grandson of Ian Chesterton' Enoch

McGann is Nightingale through and through. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

In any event, if they are going to cast a non-white Doctor, perhaps they should choose a British Asian actor, because I have heard that Britons of Asian (and particularly south Asian) descent constitute the largest proportion of BAME Britons but are (according to an article I read which explained why Citizen Khan is so popular despite its sometimes dubious comedic value) proportionately even more poorly-represented on television in the UK than black Britons (feel free to dispute this because I did not seek further sources).

It is a shame Ace Bhatti isn't younger.

And Naveen Andrews.

Raza Jaffrey would be good.

I'd really like to see Sacha Dhawan do it. He's got form and was even Waris Hussein briefly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:siren: 8th Doctor Big Finish sale! :siren:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Next Doctor: Robert Kilroy-Silk.

Next companion: Des from Diggit.

No reason other than I'm curious whatever happened to them.

Didn't Kilroy go off the deep end with Brexit? <googles> Oh, right. He made a political party called... Veritas. :stare:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What fresh hell is this?!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh what? I was just in there this lunchtime!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/885907569696440320

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Action Jacktion posted:

Alfie Enoch is William Russell's son, not his grandson. (Or maybe you were suggesting that Ian is Russell's father somehow.)

drat, you're right! The massive age gap made me assume grandfather, but he had him very late.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I mean I did all give you a big hint a couple of months ago.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

Looks like they are going to reveal it after the Men's Wimbledon final, so I guess sometime around noon EST on Sunday.

Odds that it leaks beforehand?

Best post/username combo

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Timby posted:

I was thinking Justin McElroy.

Ouch, dude.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Coming Soon, from Big Finish.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's the same for James Bond - the only actor cast as James Bond who was already a really big star was Roger Moore and he was mainly a TV actor (in fact he was the highest-paid TV actor in the world at the time).

Daniel Craig was fairly big, no?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The tennis is technically on for another 2 hours 15 minutes, so you're probably on for a bit of a wait.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

HERE WE GO

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's a woman!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's Jodie!!!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/bbcone/status/886608239017775106

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/EddieRobson/status/886616642477838339

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

We've got fanart already!

https://twitter.com/f_francavilla/status/886621406879940608

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Do we know how long Time Lady menstrual cycles last? They live a long time, what if they last a long time? What if we end up with an entire season where she's on her time period and it's nothing but 12 episodes of her sitting on the couch in the Tardis, eating ice cream, and watching The Real Housewives of Gallifrey?

Dude, what the gently caress.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Talking of Transformers, TFwiki has a great take on RUINED FOREVER.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

docbeard posted:

On a completely unrelated topic, what's the best Pertwee-era episode featuring the Master that isn't The Claws of Axos? (Which I'm only discounting because I've seen it.)

Terror of the Autons? The Daemons? Mind of Evil?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Man, my owls are getting out of date.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

They should get Helen Mirren circa the early 90s to play her. We just need a time machine.

Did you ever see Red? (not the McCoy audio)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Jodie Doctor needs to have one that says "classy as gently caress".

As words, sewn into the lapels, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Davros1 posted:

RTD said that when he told David Tennant that he wanted him to be the Doctor, Tennant's reaction was "He laughed, then swore, then said 'I want a long coat'."

I could never take him seriously in that, it looked like a kid wearing his dad's overcoat. The sleeves were too long and the hem should have been about 6 inches higher.

• Locked thread