Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i think i figured out a chunk of the market for gaming laptops. it's for dads who don't want/aren't allowed to have a full desktop computer, usually because they can't/won't dedicate the space for a desk for it, so they need something they can take out for a bit and then fold up and put away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

that picture reminded me of when alienware laptops were basically just rebadged Sager laptops

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
...god, Sager's still around?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
bob sager

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Xaris posted:

ya this actually sucks. i went to a dam project site in rural tennessee and turns out no one in tn knows anything about IT so the wireless wasn't workin and everyone was just using desktops over ethernet except me sitting there like a dumbass xp13 being unable to do anything. still billed hours sitting there tho :toot:

they called some giant honking fat don't-tread-on-me shirt redneck goon slow poo poo drawl to come out who knew absolutely nothing except to plug something into a wall and was stereotypical clueless guy "well when i plug this here thing into this here device shows green light is good" in the flesh

should've brought your da200 on the trip!

technically the xpses have ethernet, the port's just hidden behind usb-c. if you use the da200 or the thunderbolt docks, you still get your internal realtek's mac address

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
lol if youre still not using bluetooth headphones

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

and the silver bullet lan

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

it's poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgOC0VxQOdg

pram
Jun 10, 2001
looks like this little notebook comes with DESKTOP sized problems!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Maximum Leader posted:

lol if youre still not using bluetooth headphones

why would i spend money on cans that need batteries when i still have the trusty mdr-v6 set i bought off these here forums fourteen years ago?

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
stick with what you know grandpa, i hear the upcoming android handset is going to be an iphone killer!!!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i don't care about hot trends in smartphones because i'm not constantly looking to buy more poo poo

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I tried to go to the Microsoft store today to see and possibly purchase a razer blade but their website lied to me because by store they actually meant lovely mall kiosk.

I fly out to Minneapolis tomorrow so I may try mall of America. I'll find my razer

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Rex-Goliath posted:

I tried to go to the Microsoft store today to see and possibly purchase a razer blade but their website lied to me because by store they actually meant lovely mall kiosk.

I fly out to Minneapolis tomorrow so I may try mall of America. I'll find my razer

:thunk:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

why the hell would you buy a razer laptop

pram
Jun 10, 2001
why would you loving FLY to buy a RAZER LAPTOP

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

there are so many bad things in this post

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

iirc the ms store is right across from the apple store at that mall and it was hilariously empty compared to the apple store the last time i was there in 2015.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why would you go to a store instead of buying what you want online?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Last Chance posted:

iirc the ms store is right across from the apple store at that mall and it was hilariously empty compared to the apple store the last time i was there in 2015.

as it should be

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Last Chance posted:

idgi theres always a really long line to get into the apple store here and like 20+ workers

what do people do that requires them to go to the apple store so often to touch things or w/e and not just buy it online and not wait 45 minutes to get into the store

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

idgi theres always a really long line to get into the apple store here and like 20+ workers

what do people do that requires them to go to the apple store so often to touch things or w/e and not just buy it online and not wait 45 minutes to get into the store

using, touching, and looking at apple hardware is such a wonderful and heavenly experience that everyone wants to enjoy it in person at their local apple store

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

they're getting their cell phone screen replaced or fixing their bad rams op. or hehe try to get teh haxors off they're pc

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

they're getting their cell phone screen replaced or fixing their bad rams op. or hehe try to get teh haxors off they're pc

apple macos cannot get viruses or be hacked. please delete this

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

idk seems like you would just drop it off and come back? surely cant be that many people getting screens replaced htey wait in line to get into the store

also the store has been robbed like a 10 times, including several where they drove cars through the glass walls. after like the dozen robbery they now have a rent-a-cop or sometimes real-cop hanging outside.

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/11/10/thieves-target-berkeley-apple-store-twice-this-week/
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/11/18/berkeley-apple-store-hit-again-by-group-of-thieves-customers-and-staff-express-concern/
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2015/12/04/berkeley-fourth-street-apple-store-reports-theft-by-7-males/
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2014/05/09/car-smashes-into-apple-store-on-berkeleys-4th-street/
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/04...eley-bowl-more/

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

idk seems like you would just drop it off and come back? surely cant be that many people getting screens replaced htey wait in line to get into the store

also the store has been robbed like a 10 times, including several where they drove cars through the glass walls. after like the dozen robbery they now have a rent-a-cop or sometimes real-cop hanging outside.

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/11/10/thieves-target-berkeley-apple-store-twice-this-week/
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/11/18/berkeley-apple-store-hit-again-by-group-of-thieves-customers-and-staff-express-concern/
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2015/12/04/berkeley-fourth-street-apple-store-reports-theft-by-7-males/
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2014/05/09/car-smashes-into-apple-store-on-berkeleys-4th-street/
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/04...eley-bowl-more/

Cool.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Shaggar posted:

why would you go to a store instead of buying what you want online?

they apparently have two different suppliers for their screens where one is good and the other is a pos with tons of bleeding so i want to be able to check it before i buy. also razer's customer support is dogshit so if something goes wrong I can deal with Microsoft in person

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Rex-Goliath posted:

they apparently have two different suppliers for their screens where one is good and the other is a pos with tons of bleeding so i want to be able to check it before i buy. also razer's customer support is dogshit so if something goes wrong I can deal with Microsoft in person

lmao

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

:thunk:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the ms store at the tysons corner mall is in prime real estate in like the middle of the mall. they have an xbone set up outside with like let's dance or wahtever. no one is ever inside but there's always kids playing games. meanwhile the apple store is towards one end and is just a typical apple store but is always full. never see a line except around product launches, and even then they let people who just want to play with a funny computer inside without a wait

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

¯\_(ツ)_/

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

maybe, just maybe buying a razer laptop isn't such a good idea

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

only other option is a plasticky asus that looks like a clown.

if Apple would just get it over already and build nvidea MacBooks pro I'd go with that but alas

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

maybe just read a book instead

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

that's for flights and meetings I have to be 'present' for

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

*gazes at What Would Tori Do? wrist band* video games are for children

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

surprising that laptops made for children's games are built to be disposable when they are only good for it for like a year and are also made for children

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Xaris posted:

because it's cheaper than actually buying apple stuff

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

xps trackpads are soooo bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my bitter bi rival posted:

xps trackpads are soooo bad.

all gnu/windows laptops are bad, friend

• Locked thread