Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burning swine
May 26, 2004

Tankakern posted:

gaming works nicely with linux

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
dude your getting a linux

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

but it does, have you tried lately/anytime

granted, you don't get aaa titles (of course this depends on definition, rocket league has a native version out), and dx12 based games are out of the question. but there's more and more games ported, and vulkan based windows games are easily playable with wine (so you can play e.g. DOOM in linux)

it also seems like blizzard games always works in wine

point is, if you're a casual gamer, you have a pretty extensive catalogue of games to choose from, and also new ones

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hell is probably a neat place once you get used to the weather

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
unlike jesus, satan actually accepts everyone

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Tankakern posted:

gaming works nicely with linux too, the only caveat that i know of that is still there, is that you have to either log off/log on or reboot to switch on the nvidia card when you plan on gaming anything. it'll work without such measures when they finish working on that server side glvnd solution.

but seriously, the linux gaming catalogue is large and getting larger every day, and wine is getting so good that you can play gta 5 with it

gaming on linux sucks balls. playing dota 2 on linux i get 15fps even with the proprietary drivers painstakingly installed, and like 200 on windows.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
same with with osx. i used to try to game on osx and playing savage 2 or heroes of newerth i got like no fps and it bugged out all the time. worked fine on windows. same hardware. on a mac it even works better on bootcamp, jesus christ. talk about a fail. windows supremacy basically.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

sounds more like you suck, actually

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Smythe posted:

same with with osx. i used to try to game on osx and playing savage 2 or heroes of newerth i got like no fps and it bugged out all the time. worked fine on windows. same hardware. on a mac it even works better on bootcamp, jesus christ. talk about a fail. windows supremacy basically.

actually the only game worth playing, euro truck simulator two, works great on my MacBook Pro maybe you are holding it wrong.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Tankakern posted:

sounds more like you suck, actually

how so? gaming Owns.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

C.H.O.M.E posted:

actually the only game worth playing, euro truck simulator two, works great on my MacBook Pro maybe you are holding it wrong.

pretty good game

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
gaming peaked with metal gear solid, anything made in the 21st century is trash

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

maskenfreiheit posted:

gaming gets better every day. every new day is the best day in gaming history. every moment we move further in time is the best time to be a gamer.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The only company who knows how to put out good games is Nintendo, who doesn't develop software for Dell laptops.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maskenfreiheit posted:

mgs5 is really good

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mishaq posted:

mgs5 is really good

I can't get over that quiet character

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

akadajet posted:

I can't get over that quiet character

i mean, who pays attention to the idiotic story in metal gear solid games?

just the level of detail put into mgs5 is really impressive

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

mishaq posted:

mgs5 is really good

i stopped after metal gear solid

some people describe how their hearts sank as they realized donald trump would become president.

i had a similar feeling in the bowels of metal gear, as i realized that i was never going to get to play as snake for the rest of the game

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maskenfreiheit posted:

i stopped after metal gear solid

some people describe how their hearts sank as they realized donald trump would become president.

i had a similar feeling in the bowels of metal gear, as i realized that i was never going to get to play as snake for the rest of the game

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the first good metal gear game was revengeance

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
where can I get the most salvage value for this POS I've had it for 5 months so can't return it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

you've said many wrong things before but this takes the cake

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

akadajet posted:

you've said many wrong things before but this takes the cake

youre right. revenganence is bad too

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

first good MGS was MGS:Integral, hth

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i've been playing the new hitman

i like it. but lol at the implication of what i'm doing. mission is to silently execute two people but of course i'm a bit poo poo and ended up killing 37 people i wasn't meant to. the implication as i alluded to earlier is that it would make insane international news at all the civilians i killed

but i do enjoy just killing a person, and escaping the scene. the body gets found and people search for a killer but no one gets found, so the body ends up in a body bag and then everyone carries on their way. i mean i like how if you're witnessed murdering but then kill the witness then you "get away" with it, but lol that there was a fashion show where i dumped multiple bodies over the railing onto the runway but the show kept going because npcs only freak and run when they see you with a gun out but not at the sight of multiple dead bodies

fun tho. miss the thing from absolution where you can line up like 4 shots in a slow mo thing and then make four quick shots automatically and people die

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Shaggar posted:

what. the. gently caress.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Skim Milk posted:

well... it did give us this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWQd8zhEg4&hd=1

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

im the onscreen ps3 notification

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Skim Milk posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
everything before revengeance was console garbage

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
revengeance was the best mgs because kojima was minimally involved, if at all

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

:gas:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Stymie posted:

revengeance was the best mgs because kojima was minimally involved, if at all

too far.

:getout:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the world is better for the insanity of platinum games

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
revengeance was the first metal gear game that was playable with a good controller (360) on a good platform (pc)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

revengeance was the first metal gear game that was playable with a good controller (360) on a good platform (pc)

I'm pretty sure you could get metal gear solid 2 for pc. And that was a good game.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

akadajet posted:

I'm pretty sure you could get metal gear solid 2 for pc. And that was a good game.

im pretty sure this is peak shaggering and we should just enjoy it instead of seriously replying to hilarious position

well loving played shagger my friend :golfclap:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the world is better for the insanity of palladium games

• Locked thread