Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
He's going to find out that prostitution is legal in Germany and make a new pee tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Interesting. Do you have the study that's from? I'm curious because the two studies I've see showed that the bottom doesn't tend to overstate at that level. Also I want to know which test they used, in case that has anything to do with the results.
Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments, 10.1037/0022-3514.77.6.1121, aka the origin of the term Dunning-Kruger effect.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Military Times on the bill back in April.

quote:

The plan — draft legislation from House Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman Phil Roe, R-Tenn. — would deduct $2,400 from future service members’ paychecks to establish eligibility for revamped post-military education benefits. This was first reported Tuesday by Task & Purpose.

Currently, the post-9/11 GI Bill offers full tuition to a four-year state college (or the equivalent tuition payout for a private school) plus a monthly housing stipend to any service member who spends at least three years on active duty, and to reservists who are mobilized to active-duty for extended periods. Troops wounded while serving are also eligible.

Unlike the older Montgomery GI Bill benefit, the post-9/11 GI Bill does not require any fees or pay reductions for eligibility.The new proposal would change that, taking up to $100 a month from new enlistees’ paychecks for the right to access the benefit after they leave the ranks.

The money collected would amount to a fraction of the overall cost of the veterans education benefit. Congressional staff estimate the move would bring in about $3.1 billion over the next 10 years, while total GI Bill spending is expected to total more than $100 billion over the same decade.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Anyone know if the blog posts made by the former Army ranger while he was guarding SA's servers in New Orleans during Katrina are still up somewhere?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

I was going to ask "how did you find it" but then I went through the posts and remembered it was actually famous at the time. The blog's wikipedia page is the fourth result for "katrina blog" :downs:

M_Gargantua posted:

While reading through this is awesome and detailed I have the standard goon questions: was he actually army SF? Was his wife Crystal actually a smoking hot model? Do his parents make it?
a. Yes.
b. Here's his wife's instagram. He also has an Instagram (godfuckingdamnit does the internet make creeping easy)
c. Yes.

I wasn't prepared for his Twitter.
https://twitter.com/IKilled007/status/873682929259511808
https://twitter.com/IKilled007/status/871438587899858944

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 15, 2017

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Zeris posted:

Maybe it's like the word oriental, where it's OK to use regarding art and food!
~three years ago I was present for an elderly professor giving a presentation in which he struggled for a moment to come up with a word to describe a subject and came up with "young oriental boy". I think it's like unironic use of "colored" or "negro" where if you're old enough that it's your go-to word everyone should just congratulate you on living a long and not too racist life and let you be.

edit: This came up recently when a British politician used the phrase "friend of the family in the woodpile". Linguist defending him, another linguist calling bullshit on that and similar phrases.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 18, 2017

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Belgian Waffle posted:

Yeah, I just read the Wikipedia article on it. He's basically done, isn't he.
Goon docs are not optimistic.

Lote posted:

It's next to his non-dominant frontal lobe and it's growing so fast its hemorrhaging. That ain't good.

Reverand maynard posted:

just lol if Mccain dies and Trump does a dumb speech at his funeral
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/887848897296707584

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Maggie Haberman (NYT) has basically stumbled upon the most damaging thing to the Trump presidency.

Letting Donnie talk.
https://twitter.com/samthielman/status/887987198146097152

Akie Abe pretended not to speak English for two hours so she wouldn't have to talk to Trump.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

TBeats posted:

why would OJ possibly get denied parole because he was jerking off? Are you really not allowed to jerk off when locked up? I don't care if he stays locked up forever I just need to know because this changes everything about how many illegal risks I take in life.
Yes, in many prisons it is forbidden to jerk off.

quote:

A similar case occurred in Florida in 2006: Broward County inmate Terry Lee Alexander was sitting alone on his bunk masturbating when a female deputy who was monitoring him from a central control room more than 100 feet away took exception to Alexander’s “blatant” exertions and wrote him up. Alexander was charged and convicted of exposure, with the jury determining that a cell is “a limited access public place.” The same deputy had also filed reports on seven other locked-up masturbators. When Alexander’s attorney asked the deputy in court if she had considered calling a SWAT team to halt his client’s activity, she replied, “I wish I had.”

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Mike-o posted:

Honestly I've never read TCC much, do they ever talk about using buttcoins to buy drugs?
Back in the day, there was a TCC-based mailing list used for drug trafficking and threads would fairly explicitly discuss different online drug dealers. A few enterprising goons even sold "bath salts" and spice/k2 in SA Mart. Concerns about SA's legal liability led to a goon setting up Yelp but for internet drug dealers and all discussion was diverted there. Today, TCC has strictly enforced rules about discussing places you can buy drugs online which is why the TCC DNM thread only allows discussion of busted/defunct dark net markets. The major exception is kratom vendor discussion is allowed.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 21, 2017

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Relevant info from the EE thread:

Lichtenstein posted:

Holy poo poo, why did I choose to sleep this night, Kaczyński's meltdown was amazing.

Sadly, moon language only.

A Pale Horse posted:

Here's an approximate translation for those that don't speak our beautiful language:

"Excuse me Marshall (like U.S. Speaker of the House), but I'm going to speak out of turn. I know you all are afraid of the truth, but keep my brother's name out of your traitorous mouths. You destroyed him, you murdered him, you're all scumbags."

My take is the exhaustion of the day finally made him let his guard down and say what he's been thinking for the past seven years and also explains everything PiS has been doing. All the unconstitutional changes to the judiciary have one goal. Make it possible to hold a show trial for Donald Tusk for killing Lech Kaczynski. This little toad wants revenge and he'll destroy a young democracy to achieve it.
Jarosław Kaczyński is the chair of the Law & Justice party (aka PiS). His twin brother, Lech Kaczynski, was the president and died in a plane crash in 2010. Jaroslaw and the rest of PiS fervently believe the Russians brought the plane down and Donald Tusk, the prime minister at the time, was somehow involved. They've exumed Lech's body and other victims of the crash for further investigation.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

TBeats posted:

These people are standing behind trump
The guy is an off-brand Paul Ryan.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

psydude posted:

Why the gently caress don't people wear seatbelts? My junior year of high school some idiot flipped his Jeep while drunk. The two guys in the back weren't wearing seatbelts, and it ended exactly as you would expect.
I have a friend who is absolutely resolute in her refusal to wear a seat belt because she heard of someone who got thrown free from an accident and would've died if they had been wearing a seat belt.

---

For me, it was Mr. Hands that got me to stop clicking so many video links, even though I later found out I actually didn't see a dude get hosed to death by a horse.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Don't trust me entirely though as I'm on a 3rd plateau DXM trip right now and everything is 4 dimensional as gently caress. I can loving see time.

Stay safe CE gippers I'm gonna go post in the drunk thread.

Namaste.
TCC has a dissociative thread to which robotrippers are welcome.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Godholio posted:

You sure about that?
Pretty sure. The dude was hosed to death by a horse, just not in the infamous Mr. Hands clip that circulated.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

TBeats posted:

People need to have "marginal" and "effective" tax rate explained to them. People look at "marginal tax rate of 44% on anyone making $5m or more" and think that means almost $2.5m in taxes.

People have no idea how tax brackets work.
I'm going to structure my business so I don't make more than $250k/year so my taxes don't go up :bahgawd:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/890807533182439425

In other important news do we have Venezuela goons ready to live stream if the country really does implode in august?
There's an active Venezeuela thread with goons on the ground in D&D.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/891093818442960896
There's still time for a redemption arc for Not So Fat Reek :unsmith:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

You already know why he's mad at the Senate.
https://mobile.twitter.com/BadFoxGraphics/status/891266030164639744
As usual, he saw something on TV.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Torrannor posted:

On the other hand, pre-existing conditions, medicare expansion and letting kids stay on their parents plan are very popular, and the GOP has largely abandoned the effort to undo these parts of the ACA.
Medicaid expansion, and they have absolutely not given up their crusade against the ban on pre-existing conditions. They really want to jack up the insurance rates of CF patients.

The old Gypsy woman's curse continues.
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/403960097346293760

• Locked thread