Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TBeats posted:

I don't want to get into a huge debate about why Trump won so I'll just summarize my thoughts: Russia didn't win the election for Trump; Trump won the election by being the perfect candidate for 2016.

Opportunistic? Lucky? Probably a bit of both, but either way he's got a branch of the government. Barron will never struggle in his life, and Barron's kids will never struggle in their lives, regardless of how much fortune Donald Trump squandered.

They won at the game of life, is all I'm saying. Someone hits the lotto it's definitely 100% luck, but you'd still say they won the lotto.

I've posted a few times about Trump's communication and audience awareness. Either by pure dumb loving accident or calculated, he says what a large chunk of people want to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Alaska is an amazing place.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i wanna visit sometime tbh

maybe even do an alaskan cruise

Take a week off during the summer. See it from inland for a few days then pop over to Seward.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Marine KC-130 crashed. 5 dead.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/07/10/military-plane-crashes-mississippi/466618001/

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
500K likes be Donnie's (at time of posting) 97K.

That probably bugs him.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I laughed out loud.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
This is bizarre.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So this is basically Spotlight except the Boston priests buying a full-page ad stating the name of every kid they molested right after the story ran.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bannon maybe. His name isn't popping during any of this stuff.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Donald, you should've just stuck to realty tv you cumball

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No but seriously I'd love to be in the room with Mueller today

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Wrong. This is clearly republican vs democrat. The Russians know the GOP has the best interest of democracy in mind.

--some maga dude

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Vice News did a nice piece on the Mueller investigative team. Bottom line is that they are the the Dream Team and on Trump's side he has no one who compares at all to even one member of the Mueller squad.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also Comey and Mueller didn't know about Don Jr's meetings or emails.

Is there any particular reason to play dumb? Like staying that they were aware would allude to their capabilities.

It's best to leave what the team can reach be a mystery.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm getting the impression that this Fake News tactic is losing steam as Trump cannot discredit every story. Journalists are doing too well at backing up these big stories.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

Bought the coffee mug. If we were actually allowed to make coffee in the office, I'd have it on my desk.

Ok where do you work where a coffee machine isn't allowed

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm sure he meant to imply ACA failed and not to intentionally throw shade at the lovely AHCA bill.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I didn't even notice the time.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Close friends with Chris Cornell. That's a loving shame. Go get help if you need it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Good bye Spice

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

So Sessions is gone any day now basically.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is it sad that I assumed Trump had whoever issued press releases fire off like 5 insane ones in a row without a doubt?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Congress passed sanctions against Russia for election meddling and other poo poo.

So we're at the point where the GOP-led Congress admits Russia hosed with the election.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/us/politics/congress-sanctions-russia.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share

Trump has two options: veto like a bitch or sign and deal with Putin's reaction, whatever that might be.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The more I read about the Congressional sanctions package, it sounds a like like the effect is to see if/why Trump vetoes it moreso than the actual sanctions. They're giving him an easy way to score some anti-Russia points. The sanctions also contain some Iran and NK measures too.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GoGoGadget posted:

Shoot a black person and say the NRA told you to

He said disrupt

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What is going on in central Oklahoma that the planet wants dead so badly?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm rooting for the Earth in this instance.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

mlmp08 posted:

https://www.nratv.com/series/stinch...n-1-episode-138

The NRA has solidly jumped the rails. I say this as a guy who owns rifles and handguns and shotguns oh my.

What's this one?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

rex tillerson might be resigning soon

they're calling it rexit

Go on

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The resistance to legal weed baffles me. So much money is being left on the table.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

That and Mexican chainsaw double execution. The second guy just looked so resigned to what was about to happen.

I watched that years ago and wish I didn't to this day.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Sacrist65 posted:

Im amazed that the 4 (5?) current senators that had the ambition to run for president against trump, none have seized the opportunity to be the symbol of leadership against him.

There will almost certainly be a primary challenge if he makes it to 2020, and none of them want free media coverage? I don't buy it. There is such sort of arrangement keeping Rubio and fat Dracula from saying anything

They didn't say anything republican voters wanted to hear.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MA-Horus posted:

Isn't that one of the plot points in A Handmaid's Tale?

Or was it the women that were becoming infertile? I don't remember. I can't watch that show without getting irrationally angry and it's been a long time since I read the book.

Yea men were sterile but blamed it on women.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

BigDave posted:

Very simply, the President & the White House knows where their policy positions are at all times. The President and his staff knows this because they know where Obama's positions were not. By subtracting where their policy's are from where Obama's were not, or where Obama was from where they are(whichever is greater), it obtains a press release, or tweet. The President uses tweets to generate commands to drive the GOP from a policy position where it is to a policy position where it isn't, and arriving at a position where it wasn't, it now is.

Did you just copy pasta how a tomahawk knows it location?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Did no one on his staff think to google what the hell the guy looks like?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Techs school marriages and the subsequent divorces cost more than all of the trans service members.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Several trips to Mar A Lago cost more than all the trans service member healthcare costs do.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Waroduce posted:

Gattica woooo

Soldier was pretty dope tho I loved that movie

I feel like it's waaaaay underappreciated

Soldier takes place in the same universe as Blade Runner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I would have rather served with trans people than any drunks. They're far more of a liability than someone who needs to duck out for medical appointments regularly.

• Locked thread