Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You forgot to mention CNN blackmailldoxxing a guy in the OP, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

They should just put a WWII-era pin-up girl on all the parts they don't want Mike Pence to touch or even look at.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Possibly.

Closest analogue I can think of would be the Pentagon Papers, but Nixon didn't try to have the press jailed, they tried an injunction to block publishing which was struck down by the Supreme Court.

There's always the hope that you'd get one dude in Congress who enters it into the Congressional Record, in which case, all bets are loving off.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Trump: "gently caress that guy. Not for what he did, but for the inevitable legislative response."

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

KildarX posted:

The side that doesn't end with Atlanta razed... Again.

If Zombie Sherman agrees to spare one of the Vortex locations, I'll start grabbing gas cans.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I think we're still a few years off from that: If you assume that the biggest wave of Holy Christian Warriors came after 9/11, that would put them around 12 to 16 years in service.

The downside is that those people are all likely O-4 or O-5 by now, which officially makes them the most dangerous part of the military.

redneck nazgul fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jul 11, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Pediatrics pays better than psychiatry?

That seems.. stupid.

Consider the clientele: A lot of people will pay ungodly amounts of money and go into debt for their children.

A lot of people will only go to a psychiatrist with a court order.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'd rather we normalize relations with Iran rather than deal with Saudi Arabia's bullshit, personally.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Shim please don't get serotonin syndrome :ohdear:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

joat mon posted:

Advocating nihilism to deal with political discord is like advocating suicide to deal with emotional or mental discord.
Sure, your body doesn't die, but you and your ilk slowly kill the body politic and leave it bereft of the exact same people it must have in order to improve.

It's akin to someone trying to stay in the military to move up to the senior ranks in order to try and correct the institutional failings and poo poo leadership they experience.

Except you're facing a much larger, more diverse population without the common unity of purpose in the oath of enlistment/commissioning.

Oh, and both halves of the population openly call for the death of the other half for being a blight against God/humanity, and neither major party apparatus is concerned with anything but their own pay checks.

You can keep your optimism about changing the system. I want Mueller to rip this government to shreds so that something approaching reform can be passed. Until then, every new story is nothing but entertainment.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

a concerned john mccain springs into action

If only the Senate voted by show of hands.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

MA-Horus posted:

Isn't that one of the plot points in A Handmaid's Tale?

Or was it the women that were becoming infertile? I don't remember. I can't watch that show without getting irrationally angry and it's been a long time since I read the book.

I don't recall it being directly referenced whether it was infertility on one or both sides, but it wasn't as crucial to the setting as the blame for failures being on the handmaids.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Don't feel bad for United, it's free publicity because they suffer absolutely no negative consequences

I mean seriously their stock price went up after they beat up a guy

I want to say American took a bigger hit to their stock by raising employee wages than United gained or lost from any of the beating fallout.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I read this as him making fun of that person, not agreeing with them? Wasn't Greenwald the dude that did the Snowden interviews? When and how did he start crawling up Trump's rear end

Greenwald climbed up Trump's rear end because it was clear Trump is a friend to Russia and harming America, which are the two things Greenwald likes reporting on.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

I sincerely doubt the Trans soldiers are any worse medically than any other soldier.

They are worse medically, in a way. Transitioning is a voluntary procedure that has huge effects on the entire body due to hormonal changes/suppression. It's different than getting injured through training, combat injury, or medical malpractice: Nothing forces someone to transition beyond their own brain.

I'm fine with making a high barrier to servicemembers transitioning because the process is fairly irreversable, it's not a quick process by any means, and it's a burden on both the unit and the medical system to ensure that everything is going okay. I think Obama's plan to require at least two years of preparation was as good as it probably could be because it forces a deliberate decision on something dramatically life-changing. If you're willing to endure at least two years of the military making GBS threads all over your identity, your unit trying to talk you out of it, and putting your gender identity in the hands of the fabled DoD medical system, it's probably a decision you're willing to live with for the rest of your life. If you're a dude trying to use the womens' PT scale so that you can score as high as possible to get promoted, gently caress off.

I'm in full support of transgendered people being able to serve and for people to get treatment for gender dysphoria if they need it, but the process needs to be arduous to make sure it's not being taken lightly.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/890810480951836672

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Laranzu posted:

I too, attended transgender training a few months ago

ha ha you're still in

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

I wonder if any senators will straight up defect to the democrats before all of this is over

Hard to say, but Heller (R-NV) is royally hosed. He agreed to vote the way the Republican governor wanted (which Sandoval came out against all of this nonsense), waffled for a bit, and then gave in and voted along party lines.

He's less popular than Trump is in Nevada.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/890864012560412672

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/890864973974573056

Russia's preemptively retaliating for the new sanctions.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

TBeats posted:

How does this impact tax reform?

And when people say healthcare is 1/6th of the economy, is there a chart that shows what the other 5/6ths are?

Tax reform presumably requires the cuts from the ACA to function.

It's still a possibility that they can ressurect any manner of health care killing bill, but they have limited opportunities to use the reconciliation process. If they combine killing the ACA and tax cuts, the line between "We're gonna kill people" and "We're giving money to rich people" becomes pretty drat clear. If they don't kill healthcare, they can't enact the tax cuts they/their donors want.

They may have to wait until next year, right before midterm elections. If that happens, the House won't touch the issues because they're all terrified of losing their seats because the attack ads write themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Nobody has any idea what the role of the Chief of Staff is supposed to be in this administration.

There's also no guarantee that Trump won't just put someone new in a position and ignore Kelly entirely.

• Locked thread