Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I'm pretty sure the persisted thing is about Elizabeth Warren and not Clinton

They're still all godawful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, but you'd think that they'd look at the crazy paydays that the NBA is raking in and decide that they want in on that.

5 starters vs. 22 (+ special teams)makes a pretty big difference

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Have you considered that I am not learning Chinese to speak it so much as the process of learning Chinese has brought me closer to my wife and made my relationship better?

Gayyyyyyyy

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
If Lavrov said something who gives a gently caress? Not that I hold Trump/Tillerson in any higher esteem but the point isn't the he said / she said aspect of the discussion, it's that the Whitehouse is not actively pressing Putin and Co. About the issue. If the Russian President says " prove it" that is about as close as you are going to get to a confession, and we backed down because we have a self-interestd retard running the nation

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 7, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

A Bad Poster posted:

How could any senior diplomat in the world trust the Russians on their word? Even Russians don't trust other Russians on their word.

:homebrew: It's hard to say really :homebrew:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I just got approved for my Law school voc rehab and honestly don't see this as being a real issue. All the retarded military hero worship in this country might have something to say about it.

Wouldn't paying in also make these kinds of benefits harder to stop with a general discharge or is that something Shim made up? I don't associate with unhonorable vets

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

I couldn't get barbri to work with my voc rehab counselor worth a gently caress. Themis had that poo poo done in literal minutes. I spent years going back and forth with barbri people and my counselor was getting dicked around since they wouldn't just take the charge card.

I don't know what barbri or themis are, and Ive never understood how people could get jerked around for over a year without a change in approach

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Coldwar timewarp posted:

As much of a fucker Tucker is, he isn't wrong with regards to attacks from Iran since 9/11. Were the US not to enter either country, the count would be zero. I think expecting a country who enabled a long and bloody war against your country, including facilitating the use of chemical weapons, to operate freely and without consequence on its borders is insane, especially due to the sectarian nature of those you put in power.

I think attacks against civilians in the US is more of a threat than funnelled weapons to attack troops that shouldn't be there.

Tucker also has the advantage of a platform where if he changes his mind then is lemming like audience will drink it up as wisdom, but if anyone else were to do so they're inconsistent or flip flopppers or saving face.

What I'm saying is euthanize Fox news viewers

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah everyone forgot about Katrina and Deep water Horizon too. Louisiana is a cesspool

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TBeats posted:

i didn't know anything about the checkpoints but if i were stuck in new orleans what would they do to me if i tried to walk through the checkpoi-- hahaha nevermind i already know

I got waved off a couple checkpoints after the city-wide curfew was recended. Seeing those strapping national guardsmen with their Humvees and rifles and full battle gear really convinced me that I would never join that chicken-heart outfit gently caress the NG/army

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Alot of the people who you see on Fox news who were in/around the Superdome were those that didn't have the means to evacuate. Sure, the government at every level said to leave, but there was no public means of evacuating for the 10s of thousands of super broke citizens of Louisiana who didn't have a car and didn't make the cut in a friend or family members vehicle.

Being told you have to leave and not having anyplace to go when you live in 3rd world poverty is kind of like being told you're gonna die by the government. Everyone involved in NO and the broader La. State government during Katrina should be hanged until death. gently caress every single one of them.

Edit: also gently caress FEMA, George Bush, Cheney and every federal stooge right in the pussy

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Uh Army was busy liberating middle Eastern individuals from this mortal plane because Bush was a loving chimp eared retard.

Over 1400 American lives were claimed by one of the slowest and most visible types of Natural Disasters possible. Kanye was dead on with his assessment.

Edit: it was about day 4 after the hurricane when I realized that no one was coming to clear the roads on the north side of lake ponchatrain and me and my family would have to become Job Creators and personally hire some individuals to cut us out so we could finish evacuating to Dallas.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 15, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Jazzland was an ultra surreal graffiti spot that you had to break into through one of a variety of insanely sketchy routes. I think it's all gone now though

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I always wondered what happened to all the fire and brimstone street preachers who used to hang out in the quarter. Was Katrina the best day ever for them? Did they stick around to see their words made real by God's wrath? Did they ever end up getting laid?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Reverand maynard posted:

I want a star trek future where everyone has replicators and free energy and you just basically wish for whatever material thing you want and poof its there

That's essentially what we have now. Rich people are on the Enterprise and are destined for mars. you're some frontier scum miner who is gonna die on the rock you were born on surrounded by Klingons

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Everyone knows they smoked those moon rocks in their reentry vehicle before being rescued to ascend to the lunar plane and be eligible to join the Illuminati

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

Isn't moon dust like insanely dangerous because it's basically aerosol razorblades?

If that were true wouldn't we have mined significantly more to weaponize ?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
We want more dangerous-to-handle moon sprockets! Save moon mining jobs despite how dangerous the process is or useless the product!

Seems about on par with the push behind coal mining, though the usefulness of dialing in lunar travel methods represents a major boon over whatever technologies coal mining has resulted in

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

M_Gargantua posted:

Luckily moon mining and Martian mining necessitate the operators never be exposed to the materials.

I'm 100% in favor of strip mining all of mars and making it a real 40k forgeworld. There is no ecology to protect and every habitable space will be entirely artificial anyway.

Uhh the bacterial life we might find could one day evolve to say otherwise, you Monopoly-man strip mining fatcat gently caress!

No martians-4-oil!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Source your quotes!!!

Alot of weak burns going on today, losing Spicey has been a national travesty we will not soon recover from. Lets not lapse into C-spam over it.

I for one am excited about a communications director who is willing to engage with your average white power ruskie on the tweet. Seems like despite his lofty lifestyle Scarammuci is willing to engage with botnet operators small and large through the sanitized medium of Twitter internet. Perhaps we can once again rest easy, comfortable in the knowledge that this Administration is ready to again shift gears and blithely wing things until the time on the clock inevitably winds down to 0.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Shouldn't I/P stuff go in probation Honeypot thread with cop shooting and gun rights discussions?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Lying?!? Well I never. Come to think of it, this kind of collusion and coordination would be a real issue if any Super PACs were involved. Luckily it was just Mother Russia

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Killing Americans - " eh "

Killing Australians - "I quit"

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

Part of me feels the same, but I really don't know how it would play out in 2017.

In a business, in an at-will employment state, you can be fired for anything! Literally anything that isn't violating regulations protecting certain classes of people! So what's the big deal? He didn't like how the investigation was going so he had someone fire the guy running it! Not a big deal!!!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
He specifically wanted their minifridge? The administration that remodeled Trump tower with security poo poo couldn't cut a check for a 100$ fridge?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Can we get some more story? Incognito isn't fixing the paywall

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ded posted:

2 women are going in to SEAL training as officers.

Any bets they both wash out and people make a huge deal about it?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/us/first-female-navy-candidates-seal-trnd/index.html

Like beyond writing an article and posting about it? I enjoyed the female Supply officers we had once or twice aboard the Florida. They made the whole experience significantly less surreal, and in doing so made it less unpleasant.

Though now that I think about it that's probably not a possibility for combat roles so :shrug:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TBeats posted:

Also I think party over country is a natural point that capitalism mixed with being a representative democracy would always reach but that's probably something for someone smarter to decide.

It took Ascension to the very top spot to become a priority, which I doubt the framers wanted to bother to plan for in the founding documents. Once the USSR fell we started looking inwards for enemies. Now the well is so loving poisoned that teaming up with our previous enemies is being rationalized as good and necessary to SAVE THE REPUBLIC (billions on life insurance)

I mean the civil war was pretty wild, and was similarly the product of unhinged paranoia and the placement of personal interests over the security of the nation, so I guess it really only took 90 years or so. We should probably do a bit more to amend the power structures in this nation to box out idiots

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 22, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

What exactly was the appealing alternative they were being offered? If we're talking about lower class rubes and not wealthy suburbanites or money men who thought Trump would keep his promises to them, most Democrats are somewhere between wholly uncaring about their problems and actively hoping for their deaths.

Ah yes, if we absolve the rubes who were one of the primary beneficiaries of the healthcare program they voted to destroy, who else can we blame?

How.about every (R) party voter that knew better but voted for a senile conman out of strict party politics or a supreme.court seat? As much as I recognize that trampling minority and LGBT rights is a priority, it seems difficult to believe that anyone with half a brain couldnt predict this as the trajectory of the Trump administration. Less than 200 days in and it's about as pathetic as any prediction that didn't involve immediate icbm exchanges.

Free community college? A major infastructure rehaul and jobs program? Student debt forgiveness? Some attention to the opioid crisis? I realize we are talking about idiots, but to act like there was nothing being offered is disengenuous. Throw in the half the eligible voting population, who can't possibly be as stupid as the 30% polled that still approve of the President's performance, and there is alot of blame to go around

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 22, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

ITT we decide which civil liberties are worth protecting.

No, wait, that's the other thread.

Uh Trump declared the war on guns over to the NRA buddy, which marked the start of OPEN SEASON ON SPOOKS and LIEBERALS yeehaw!!!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

Don't hold your breath.

Whoa don't take his legs out. I'm sure that pregnant lady would give it up after one of those handles, if the recent successes of other Gipper's are any indication.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Casimir Radon posted:

Maybe when he really goes off the deep end he'll upgrade to Gadaffi's Green Book.

Things made so much more sense when Gadaffi was around ~r.i.p~

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Piss! Piss! Piss! Pisssssssssss

Is this tit for tat for Donnie saying he supports more sanctions?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Iran could probably last a while given it's closeness with Iraq and their previously demonstrated willingness to subvert international sanctions for Iran

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
uhh all those videos you guys mentioned are missing the sick shout-outs this teen made after killing her sister

Tender is the night

Edit: Wearing seatbelts is tactical and in accordance with my operator lifestyle

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It's so much bigger than that- they leaked Kislyak's SIGINT intercepts to show that the AG lied under oath. The deep state exists, it's just all behind vault doors in SCIF's and they're dug in like goddamned ticks. Very patriotic crowd, too, believe it or not.

Trump will be brought to his knees by the IC. Just wait.

Uh I don't think a sitting president can really be brought to the knees. Like they're imbued with quite a range of incredible powers without much of a check against them other than Congress, which in this day and age is like having nothing at all.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Two Finger posted:

If Saturday night massacre part two goes through I hope you are proven wrong.

If that poo poo happens then people should start voting from the rooftops

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Cruz thinks too highly of himself to ever do a saturday night massacre, though he probably wouldn't mind trying to kibosh the investigation in a more political way.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I'm fine, just bored since I'm unemployed and out of school right now. So ya know.. time to trip balls.

DXM sucks, its a fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
McCain said he won't vote Yes as it stands but is voting yes to allowing debate to proceed.

He manages to make being a party sycophant sound good though

• Locked thread