Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I think the most exciting part is that we don't have the slightest whiff of a clue about what he will gently caress up and in the end every insane, whack-a-doodle guess we make here will be laughed at as quaint ignorance when ol' Donnie shits the bed in a way nobody but a mush-brained narcissistic lunatic would possibly have imagined.

Totes looking forward to that Putin meeting though. Pootie poot's troll game has been loving aces lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

A lot of this is still a consequence of the total clusterfuck that was the Trump Transition and his demand of drat near absolute loyalty for any new hires. Either due to him hating people, or people hating him, he has a kiddie pool's worth of talent to pick from.

A classic brain drain, either by choice or by chance.

I feel that there might be a quote from a prominent Republican that addresses exactly this ideology. Something about only wanting to make government small enough to drown in the bathtub. If only I could remember it and any pithy, destructive phrases based on it like "starve the beast" that may have become one of the guiding principles of the entire organization.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Presented without comment

https://twitter.com/Lucian_Kim/status/883376519942463489?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

A human can't force open a door that swings on a hinge when it's being held shut by the force of an airplane flying at 700 mph, but Florida Man still tried.

Wasn't air force so correct me if I'm wrong, aren't planes at those altitudes pressurized? Air gets pretty thin up there from what I understand.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

Manafort, Junior, and Douchebag met privately with a Russian lawyer with connections to Putin shortly after Trump claimed the nomination last year.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Not advocating for anyone to give up, and I'm truly glad people are digging this poo poo up. At the very least a generally ineffective Trump presidency mired in controversy and covered in the stink of conspiracy is one of the better possible outcomes now that we're in this dark of a timeline.

....but really at this point it's become, I dunno, basically "president corrupt, so what?" It just feels like, "Oh again? Eh, let me know when the poo poo starts to stick and there's charges filed or something". At this point everyone either accepts how loving lovely he is, or has their head buried so far up Donald's rear end they're truly sucking his dick from the back. It's loving depressing to think, but I really don't see any new revelations swaying anyone that hasn't been already. By now anyone saying wishy-washy, "gee I dunno we should give him a chance and see where the investigation goes before we decide" stuff is just a lying gently caress stick that will not accept any evidence, ever, but they don't want to come out and say it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hope the poo poo he comes out with is smoking gun video tapes of bags with dollar signs on one side and "Rosneft" on the other with Trump personally putting them in a safe while saying, "Send my thanks to Putin for the bribes he just gave me" because it's all going to rely on Republicans doing anything other than quietly mumbling at their feet about how they're deeply concerned then saying "but her emails!" and loving welp, KildarX just covered the motto.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Soylent Pudding posted:

More and more the only way I think we'll ever get anything approaching decent cybersecurity is to start holding software "engineers" and IT professionals to the same rigorous standards we hold the engineers building the rest of our infrastructure.

A lot of those people are the ones screaming about security issues right now. It's the bean counters that refuse to invest in security that are the problem.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Cruz's Freedom Crazies are out with their debt ceiling negotiation points and hoo boy are they some doozies. In typical fashion the starting point is bug gently caress insanity, and if they don't get what they want the other proposals just go further down the rabbit hole.

The starting point is "you get this ceiling raise, and from here on out the federal government must firesale assets to cover debts" which is onion layers of loving terrible and destructive results to peel through until you find the next thing it would destroy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Looking forward to a slate of Republican talking heads getting in front of cameras and saying, "it's just emails. Nobody cares about emails this is all a witch hunt over emails" because gently caress everything this is 2017 bitch! Ain't no reality in this world anymore!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Shamelessly cross- postin'

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Buca di Bepis posted:

yet they seem to be having bad luck at passing major legislation. I wonder why?

That dysfunction seems to be a lot more about tea party whackos screaming bloody murder about the proposed legislation not being enough murder to satiate the God of Conservatism. If Turtle McFuckerson could have ramrodded his poo poo through without Cruz and pals making GBS threads all over everyone and slowing things up at precisely the wrong moment it would have been a done deal.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FrozenVent posted:

I hope he does, and then Junior either refuses or we find out he's already deleted all the emails or something like that.

The irony would be just too great.

Hey fun fact, Donnie's already wiped email servers related to his businesses for at least one court case he was being sued in.

But, ya know, Crooked Hillary.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

That....may not be the brilliant maneuver he thinks it is.

Like, I get that hyperpartisanship is the name of the game. Even so, if this poo poo show turns into a judicial free for all of just arresting political opponents based on what the guy in charge today says I have to think there's enough people with survival instincts that can look to tomorrow and think, 'better not, that could be me'.

Not nearly as many as a functioning, stable society should have, but enough. Because if not and we start down THAT rabbit hole then the last six months are going to be the calm period in history.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ASAPI posted:

Is there a TL;DR version? My brain hurts today.

poo poo's going extinct, fast. Things that are not going extinct are still seeing populations collapse. Like, 30% habitable territory decline are the numbers for things that are considered in GOOD shape. The things in bad shape are turbo hosed, likely irreversibly.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

KildarX posted:

Its poo poo like this that make me think either A) Right-Wing commentators are actually retarded or B) They're just saying what the audience wants to hear without regard for anything at all.

:downs: WHY BIGLYMAN NEED INTERMEDIARY TO TALK TO POOTMAN!?! EH WHY USE SON? HIM TALK TO POOT POOT BY HIMSELF IF HE WANT TO TALK TO POOTMAN!

Durrrrr why him need other person itra-...intro-...inter-... talk to.

*turns on any episode of The Sopranos ever*

Him no need talky-to-person. U am dumb.
Hail gay SS18, end it all.

Edit; derp

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 12, 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

Donnie is claiming he had not idea Diaper Don, Kushner, and Manafort met with the Russian How long do you suppose it'll take for a leak to show that he did in fact know? What level of concern will McCain show?

I think I just heard a thousand prosecutors simultaneously pop woodies. "What did he know and when did he know it" territory is a preeeeeety dangerous place to be tap dancing around in.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Wait you are responsible to know everyone who your grown adult siblings and kids talk to for seven years?

Well that depends, are you a normal schlub on the street or someone rich, white and powerful? Cause, yeah, for everyone not like that the SF86 is a monstrous pain in the dick to fill out and you'll get loving nailed to the wall with at a minimum loss of clearance/job, and frequently with no-poo poo legal consequences, if you "accidentally" "forget" some "contacts" you "may" have had.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ded posted:

Guys the new GOP healthcare bill is fantastic now! Our good friend Ted Cruz got an amendment added to it that allows for cheaper health care plans!

The GOP. If your baby is a 5 headed mutant you should praise god for his generosity.

They're also pushing Health Savings Accounts in the new version. You now have the FREEDOM to put as much of your wealth as you want, up to a yearly cap, in a completely tax-free savings account specifically for health care....until you hit 65 then you can withdraw all of that money, plus interest, for anything with no penalty and no taxes. All that FREEDOM is gonna fix this country right up, yes sir.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TBeats posted:

Good thing poor people got all that money to put into what is basically another IRA.

Let me put my Republican hat on here for a second.

Poor.........."people"?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Godholio posted:

Is...is this a real quote? :stare:

You know by now how Donald speaks. Search your heart and listen to what it tells you.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

shyduck posted:

Has the "Hillary did this" narrative began yet?

It stopped?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

The Orgasm Sanction posted:

I hope Mueller just pins them all with lying on the disclosure forms. It's entitled twat 'rules don't apply to meeee!' bullshit that I hate the most.

For loving real. I'm trying to imagine the unholy shitstorm of shitstorms that would have come crashing down on anybody I worked with that "amended" their SF86 just once after something had happened.

For starters they would have been laughed at just asking to amend in the first place. Three God drat times? Not having a clearance would have been the starting point and the legal deep-dicking would not have even begun.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Now spend a minute or two thinking what any Katrina-level situation will look like in the next three and a half years under the benevolent and steady guiding hand of someone who won't even know/care it's happening beyond what he can tweet about it on the shitter. Who by the way has specifically and purposefully gutted the manpower of agencies under him.

poo poo will go pear shaped, fast.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Hannibal Rex posted:

I may be poor now, but I'm gonna strike it rich mining coal any day now, and then who'll be laughing?

Me when you die of black lung in ten years.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CommieGIR posted:

They had cameras, but they were not turned on

Convenient, that.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Missionary Positron posted:

I get my tax form sent to me by the government, with pretty much everything neatly pre-calculated . If I notice any mistakes, I just head over to their website, make the changes and I'm done.

Thanks, big government :smug:

But seriously, why is the American system so comparatively complicated?

This has been done in the United States and every single time the tax preparer lobby comes down on it with the money-fist of an angry corporate God and loving crushes the program.

America is all the really lovely parts of cyberpunk without dragons for president or guys riding nuclear motorcycles.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/politics/trump-jeff-flake-arizona-primary/index.html

The leopard is eating red team faces by funding primary challengers against people Diaper Donnie has petty personal grievances with. Who could have possibly foreseen a swiss-cheese brained narcissistic millionaire in cognitive decline would turn on his own party because of a wounded ego?

Here's to hoping he burns more bridges and his own party turns on him out of survival instinct. The Republican party fracturing into outright warring factions without a crypto-Kenyan Muslim usurper super-Allah mega-Hitler to rally against is one of the best possible political outcomes, assuming Democrats don't just swoop into the empty space and become even more Republican-lite.

By which I mean we're all hosed and I just want to see the right people suffer even a little bit by losing office and being forced to bail out on their golden parachutes.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Holy balls. I thought there were around 15+ secret no votes coming from Republicans, but I didn't expect Moran and Lee to be the ones that jumped together to be the 51st no vote.

Oh this makes more sense, they're not up for reelection until 2022: https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/887113221152395264

That loving thing is absolutely toast now until they make another halfassed attempt to revive it. RIP

McCain's blood clot turns out to be the only part of him that was deeply concerned enough to actually do something about the bill, namely delay it enough to give all the other rats cover to jump ship.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I think this is Fuckface McTurtle trying to spread the poo poo around and get a little on everyone. If he can't have his lovingly handcrafted poor-loving bill to put on the trophy wall to show to his donors he'll throw full repeal out to everyone and force them to vote on it.

That's my immediate reaction anyway, because I don't see there being any way to expect something that obliterates medical care in this country to pass. There weren't enough people in the Senate that wanted to own the last destructive plan. Making it blow up even bigger isn't exactly a good negotiation tactic.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vengarr posted:

Was just about to post this. How is he so goddamn stupid? This isn't so much "falling for a trap" as it is "throwing yourself down a loving manhole".

And Pootie Poot standing nearby with manhole cover at his feet. Dude's playing Donnie like a fiddle. I will be the exact opposite of surprised when it comes out that half the stuff we know is from Russian Intel operatives being given orders to hand out the information.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

More important, sure, no argument there. It's also completely speculative and nothing will come of it, but I can say definitively that Trump is fat as gently caress and his poor health is my only hope left in something happening sooner rather than later.

I'm holding out for a debilitating stroke personally. The kind that leaves him a ruined husk incapable of caring for himself. I want him embarrassed and crippled so his cult of MAGA warrior yee-hadists sees their orange haired god brought down.

Or bipartisan impeachment so that same cult is completely isolated from political power but that would require Republicans to do a good thing in their lives so welp.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Sen Warner looked legit shook when the 8th guy was revealed

I'm betting there is just an astonishingly absurd amount of money being pumped into the entire Republican party by Russian oligarchs. No proof of that, just a gut feeling.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

I'm calling it.

:siren: IT'S A NEWS TORNADO, RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES :siren:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/...re-iphone-share

Donnie basically said earlier "Don't you dare open this folder marked TRUMP ORGANIZATION FINANCIALS" and it looks like Deutsche Bank will be giving poo poo to Mueller.
Holding out hope for everyone not under executive immunity being legally skull hosed by financial stuff like this and Donnie going so off the wall ape poo poo bonkers that even Republicans do something.

Granted, he would probably have to get to the point of machine-gunning pardons at everyone then openly, publicly and directly declaring himself and his family above the laws of the country to probably get enough 'R's to flip but there has got to be a line somewhere and if it exists I have full confidence he'll cross it. It's way, way the gently caress past where it should be, but there either is a line or the nation is done.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vasudus posted:

Did anybody else think that Trump's NYT "Investigating my businesses is a red line" was basically the "don't look in my trunk officer" excuse?

I believe he doesn't give too much of a poo poo about any Russia stuff they may find in his financials, and hooooo boy do I expect them to find a lot. I think he's going to go absolutely rip-poo poo bonkers, and I mean seriously, seriously unhinged in a raging fury, because he'll perceive them as attacking his ego via his wealth. One word about him not being the bigliest billionaire wonder tycoon ubermensch rock star master class businessman and my money is on the history books looking at the Saturday Night Massacre as a quaint warm up.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

That doesn't make any sense. Anybody who isn't an idiot uses PGP on their own machine before sending a message. The feds can't disable that.

Also registering for a site isn't a crime, or probable cause to get a search warrant, so a bunch of druggies are freaking out over nothing.

Internet drug abusers, noted for being not-idiots.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

at the date posted:

it's an emo metal band from the 2000s

do we really need to spend the next 20 pages going line by line through their lyrics and making a new joke for each one

Need to? Eh probably not. With a wealth of lyrics like that, will it happen anyway? Might as well just buckle up and enjoy the ride. Gonna be at least a few diamonds in the rough.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
That statement about Sessions is just loving obscene. It kinda slides under the radar a lot for the weight it has. Mother fucker is straight up saying his appointment to AG is wrong for not interfering with investigating the president. Just flat out says it, giving no fucks and everyone's like "Oh, president is corrupting the institutions of the nation? Huh, must be Thursday" if not outright cheering him on to be a dictator.

Hope the fat fucker blows a god drat gasket in the way only a narcissist with a wounded ego can when his tax records get subpoena'd. Cross that line you orange sack of poo poo. Just do it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Dead Reckoning posted:

I highly doubt Doug Ducey is going to appoint a principled moderate to McCain's seat.

What would a hard right tea party dickhead in the seat do differently? Press the vote button extra hard on like 99% party lines?

Only reason to not want McCain to die right now is so he clogs up the seat while not voting (or to extend the suffering, depending on level of hatred). Him actually kicking it and being replaced would be back to the legislative status quo but without the flimsy "maverick" bullshit.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So, like, how many times does Donnie have to just completely and utterly gently caress someone over in exchange for the absolute loyalty he demands before other people start to think that, ya know, maybe Donnie doesn't give a single, watery, luke warm poo poo about them? This is chimpanzee-levels of basic pattern recognition we've got going on and yet they're still furiously slobbing that knob. It's almost impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

At this point I really think Putin and the Intel community are, in their warped way, teaming up to Eiffel Tower Trump. Article says it was intercepted when Kislyak talked about it with other Russian officials. I don't for a single, solitary nanosecond believe he wouldn't have known that every last word of that conversation would have been recorded and that's not the kind of thing that would be done without permission.

• Locked thread