Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

^I want to see what happens when he's a room of Americans who aren't trying to jerk him off with one hand and stacking bricks with the other. An audience that isn't just going to cheer for every stupid thing he says.

Given his media and public appearance methods/control the SOTU speeches might be the closest he ever gets to such an audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I've been insanely busy with both mental and physical labor the last couple days and finally ate enough food and electrolytes to recover and this is wtf I come back to?

Maybe shoulda just let myself be a mess a little longer.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

M_Gargantua posted:

I keep trying to change the cafeteria TV's at work from Fox to CNN. Others keep changing it back. Now other people have started changing it to CNN when they see someone has swapped it, its the most passive aggressive war i've ever seen.

Live Tweeting Collusion 2017

I saw that happen with MSNBC and Fox in an on-post waiting room once and finally the guy behind the counter changed it to NatGeo and said "watch some Elk!"

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

How did the Trump Jr interview on Hannity go? How did they spin it?

It makes me physically uncomfortable to watch Trump Jr or Hannity so I skipped it and read a bit of 1984.

I didn't watch Hannity but the general spin take from DJTJR's camp is so far:

-It's politics and if you hear you could get good info and no one said they got it illegally etc, why not at least sit down to talk about it?
-Russian hacking and meddling wasn't public knowledge at the time of the meeting, so this isn't collusion with any criminal act
-No info ended up being passed anyway
-In hindsight I might have done things differently, but nothing criminal occurred

Russian lawyer angle: I don't know what anyone's talking about I'm just a lobbyist I've never even heard of this kremlin or gremlin or whatever

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I have a family member who is a capital-case PD in Louisiana. He has strong opinions on LA thinking a 10-2 split jury is good enough to convict.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The SF-86 standard is true to the best of your knowledge IIRC. So if you're 50 and your 20 year old kid is gaming all the time with his foreign government-employed DOTA clan member and you don't know about it, probably not a big deal. If your adult kid works overseas doing foreign government contracts 6 months a year and you check "no" without even asking them, you're probably a dumbass.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

cowboy elvis posted:

I didn't even notice the time.

Is he still in Europe? Cause that would place it around 9 AM IIRC.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
It was a weird shitshow. Feds slow to act, local government slow to ask.

I talked to a 68 year old family friend who'd ridden out every storm since childhood. "Never again" was his mantra after Katrina. Also it killed a couple family members. At least they'd lived a full life.

E: Aside from some weird police murders including the infamous bridge and one off events , the idea of firefights in the streets was massively overblown.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 15, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Cop may find his/herself in hot water. The department has not at all come out swinging saying it was justified, just that they're looking into the matter. And one report is that the cop shot across the driver, from passenger seat, to hit her, which is a real weird engagement. Mayor has said some vague stuff about this being deeply troubling and they're investigating.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The other difference, as far as we know from Early Reporting (tm), is that whereas in Yanez' shoot, the partner couldn't clearly see what was going on inside the car, in this case the partner is going to have to rather directly either say it looked like a good or bad shoot. I mean, I guess he could say he just closed his eyes and then a woman got shot, buutttt...

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Woof Blitzer posted:

If you get too famous you should be put to death imo

Heresy against GiP icon Katy Perry

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
An emoji of an Okinawan getting raped by a teen marine is probably not something Apple cares for.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

A :perfect: response from C-SPAM:

Squizzle posted:

🗡️🐲

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dead Reckoning posted:

Jesus christ, his protective detail must be smoking Marlboro Reds by the case.

I know the US SS has been in some seriously hot water the last decade or so, but I'm pretty sure they're golden if they just say "The president insisted he was fine alone in a room with Putin and some other Russian despite our protests. He said 'no one knows security better than I do. I have the the best security.' He then ordered agent Don Johnson to plow several prostitutes while using a government travel card as payment."

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sorry for low content, but this is pretty funny

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/887659716138201088

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/russianembassy/status/887671115186917377

Fuckin Russia, man.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

gently caress, is that what 4-H clubs are?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.nratv.com/series/stinch...n-1-episode-138

The NRA has solidly jumped the rails. I say this as a guy who owns rifles and handguns and shotguns oh my.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I kind of vaguely knew a chick from down the street in high school who never wore seatbelts and would routinely just bum around day-drinking with her friends in her car. She was a couple years older and would give out booze to middle school kids when she was in high school.

One day she had 5 people in her car and smashed it into oncoming traffic, killing 4 of the 5 occupants (no one in the other car died, and they had seatbelts on). The one survivor was 12 or 13 or so so and I never saw her speak again and her parents moved soon after that; welp, that's my story!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I clicked on some picture of a girl who died driving her parents' Porsche in very unsafe ways, but like her head was so messed up and/or inside out that my brain couldn't even really compute what I was looking at, and that made it less awful.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Maybe someone can cite Hillary Clinton for jaywalking or improperly disposing of an aerosol container or something just to calm things down in the White House a little bit.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
And Greenwald hides behind "I don't like Trump either."

It'd be like trying to take a guy seriously who constantly beats the drum of "rape is bad, but WHAT ABOUT THOSE LYING REGRET SEX SLUTS?! But rape is bad mhmm"

We all know what they're getting at.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
There's certainly precedent for an apolitical organization shutting Trump down and taking the mic. But then he lied about the preacher and people attacked her for being political by refusing to let Trump use her church for political speech.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Today was a full day at work about how much Russia is clowning us.

Then I checked Twitter.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I look forward to the day when his entire cabinet is full of retired general officers who are adamantly stomping out any legacy they once had.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Alexandra Petri is a national treasure.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I mean, the US DOD just publicly stated that tweets aren't policy, so he'll at least have to put something in another medium to really get attention, I assume.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
"It will never get old." You're not wrong, Mooch.

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/889581345218981888

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Something about that picture reminds me of the mismatched mutant faces on Rick and Morty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

McNally posted:

If they flew over NK with impunity, I'd argue that's not really an empty threat.

Though I doubt they actually flew over NK.

• Locked thread