Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Now where have I heard of whacko fundamentalists importing Iraqi artifacts? Snow Crash

Get out.

That just happens to be a book I bought a number of weeks (month?) or so ago in SL to just prop up near my avatar when relaxing. It seemed strangely fitting in regards to a lot of the events of today. Life imitating art? Art imitating life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

Then you get a cybergrover who signs off anyway.

Really? Really? I mean...don't people realize that taking the easy/lazy/cheap way out essentially GUARANTEES via karma (the force that powers this entire storybook that we are a part of forward) that your system/stuff will be hacked. By not listening and taking into consideration the requests of the qualified individuals who are telling you what needs to be done to make things secure, you are essentially telling the world you wish for more $ at the expense of security, a stable work environment for you, your company and employees, peace of mind, etc..

Why do people do this? Is everyone stupid? Have we all just been mind controlled with this stupid nonsense since time immemorial? And why is it ALL getting dumped now, everywhere I look. Stuff getting revealed on forums, the online communities I frequent. Is this some kind of thing stipulated in a new-multiverse contract that must be done before the new universe/multiverse can be created? I mean everyone's dirty laundry is getting aired...often by people with names involving Demon, Angel, etc.

I'm sure I miss a lot of patterns and esoteric signals - but there sure seem to be a lot out there I feel that I'm picking up on. Is it a joke? A dream? A gag? Is horse Jesus going to come down here and save us all?

Without an amazing sense of humor, none of us will survive with our minds tact.

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Well, I mean...isn't it, more or less? You could read a book, or look at and enjoy the nature around you. The whole concept of the fidget spinner is to get you to engage in and focus on a mindless activity. It seems to be a toy targeting youth, and it seems a little bit malicious! We're making money with stupid little toys at the expense of expanding our youths minds with wonderful books and learning.

Also, Rossiya 24. Nicely done.

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

Eh, I'd really like to see that letter. There's a lot of daylight between,

"lol, guess you better move then - XOXO, John"

and

"While I wish to express my deepest sympathies for your misfortune, there is literally nothing a US Senator can do to unfuck your issue with Arizona's Medicaid system in an amount of time that will make a difference for your husband, so my advice would be to go wherever you think you can get him the best care. "

Does anyone but me see this as a possible example of the universe engaging in some kind of karmic return for McCain's behavior toward this person? I wouldn't wish harm or suffering on anyone. Telling someone there's not much they can do while every day being a part of the system that has/had these bad plans in place in the first place ...saying there's nothing you can do when you have the ability to protest over the current system you're a part of... I just.. I mean..right? I'm not saying I believe anyone deserves any form of cancer or suffering. I mean it's just...the fact that he gets the same thing in return. At what point do coincidences stop being coincidences? Seeing former actions like that on his behalf, with the follow up that has happened - it is only likely to make me further delve into the research of right and wrong, light and dark, karma, etc..

I don't like seeing anyone suffer, this is all buttkiss.

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Police are flat trolling Hansa users:

That date.

What is going on here. How deep is this rabbit hole we're all falling in? I am so confused.

• Locked thread