Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Use the new found time as gym podcast time my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tweak posted:

Agreed, and made painfully clear how I feel about my different podcasts listening to one right after the other.

Tanis: Callie doesn't exist, heh ok I guess.
Magnus Archives: Wait WAIT THAT SCREAM, THAT OUTBURST! HOLY poo poo THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO SASHA

What's cool is this has been around since the beginning.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tweak posted:

New Magnus Archives: OH gently caress

also that was super dumb of you John, how did you come to the exact opposite conclusion regarding the table?

gently caress me that was a hell of an episode.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Boy howdy was Spine's first season way way better than the second, yowza.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I just got to the part of Wolf 359 where they decided to tell a story instead of being goofy space time and this poo poo is tasty

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Season 2 of Within the Wires also started today. I really enjoyed the first season, so here's hoping the second one is as good.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Magnus Archives episode: it's narrated like a goofy happy comedy and then at the end it's a monster doing that ahhhh!!!!!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Magnus Archives is becoming a rom-com though.

The real thing John is afraid of? Commitment.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

BrainParasite posted:

The Magnus Archives and Archive 81 take place in the same world. Don't @ me.

counterpoint: The Magnus Archives has a good second season.

Montalvo posted:

Hey everyone

I'm here to tell you that night Vale was always bad

Welp cya

this guy gets it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
File Number 060723; a subject describes their experience with the intense comfort and microbe destroying power of MacWelden undies. Recorded by Johnathon Sims, head archivist of the Magnus Institue, London. Statement begins.

*paul F thompkins begins drawling*

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

doctorfrog posted:

then there's the sound of the play button being pushed, which I guess means that I'm listening to these tapes or something, but why don't i also hear myself putting the cassette in the deck and pushing it closed? or did sims splice in the sound of the play button being pressed in editing the tapes??? Or are each of these recordings only 13 minutes long and then he records a 30-second supplemental on a whole other tape, I mean that's just so wasteful. But if it's on one tape, why is the play button being pushed again? At the end of each story, am I, the listener, pressing Stop, then immediately Play again so I can hear the supplemental?

I'm not even listening to these on a tape recorder, I'm playing them on my cellphone?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

HIJK posted:

Pack it in boys the furry episode's been leaked

And the entire plot of my new podcast, apparently

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Lmao PNWS inability to let stories end is loving comical at this point.

e: Season 4 of Mabel just started too.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I wish something would loving happen in the new Within the Wires season. Every single episode has felt like "Check out this painting. I'm pretty jealous of Claudia's personal and artistic success. Isn't our world weird? I wonder where she went. Fin." and I'm wondering when a conflict will arise.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hughlander posted:

Isn't that every PNW main character?

Sometimes they're confused by rocks they find in their gardens

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Slamhound posted:

Nic: Cameron Ellis called me to meet up. He said he had something important to show me.

Cameron Ellis: Hi Nic. I called you to meet up. I have something important to show you, Nic.

Nic: Something important to show me?

Cameron Ellis: That's right, Nic.

Nic: Uhhhh...okay. So...why don't you tell me?

Cameron Ellis: It's a rock in your garden, Nic.

Nic: A rock in my garden?

Cameron Ellis: *sighs* I don't have time for this, Nic. *leaves*

Nic: Just then, MK called me with information.

MK: I'm calling with information.

Nic: Information?

MK: It's an email picture file from Cameron Ellis.

Nic: An email picture file?

MK: That's right.

Nic: Can you email it to me?

MK: *sighs*. Already did it.

Nic: MK emailed me the email picture file from Cameron Ellis. It was an email picture file of what Cameron Ellis called.."a rock."

Only it wasn't a rock.

It was a stone.

Dramatic drumbeat

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hughlander posted:

Anyone still keeping up with Mabel? I can't find a translation for the morse code in the most recent episode and don't want to ask my friends who know morse code to listen to a random episode.

Yeah, I am. No clue about the morse code unfortunately, I was dissapointed their official transcript didn't have it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hughlander posted:

Speaking of. They got 0 finalists in the audio verse awards. loving robbed when you look at that poo poo that made it in.

Big Casper got a copy of this episode in advance and won't let this poo poo stand

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Jonathan Sims will also give you a handy if you ask nice but all Nick has done for me is call the police

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I literally see no reason why it would be PNWS as opposed to anyone else.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jurgan posted:

I did like Mr. Spider; it kind of reminded me of the beginning of The Babadook. Elias taunting the policewoman for ten minutes wasn't as good, in my opinion. I did finally get caught up with this series right before season three started. It's never going to be my favorite podcast (I think something about Jonathan's voice just causes my mind to wander, and so I end up missing key points), but it's solid writing and some of the episodes are really good. I'm a little off-balance right now, as I think I missed some points in the finale. I can't remember how Leitner died, but I guess not-Sasha killed him and John got blamed? So now he's on the run?

Elias killed him when John left the room.

e: Mr. Spider was great, and is probably one of my favourite episodes. I've always felt a little let down by any episode with the police in it though, including this one. None of them ever seem like they are appropriately, I don't know, menacing?

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 6, 2017

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jurgan posted:

Wolf 359 has come to an end. The ending was pretty much perfect, as far as I’m concerned. Can’t wait to see what those guys come up with next.

Oh man I had no idea this episode was the last one; it felt like we were still two or three away from it. Very excited to listen to it now.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I feel like a rube for listening to all of within the wires season 2 hoping it got better. What a drop in quality.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
People making evidence dungeon boards about the evidence dungeon board podcast is EXTREMELY my poo poo.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I don't really understand how people find "Hey, you know all those stories with thematic connections? Well, they actually have narrative connections as well" is disappointing rather than obvious.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
v:shobon:v

My only real complaint is I cannot tell the voices of the various cops apart; the fact that Basira and Daisy were different people came as a surprise to me, as some sort of weird dark mirror version of another goon's total disinterest in two different Tanis characters being the same.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Magnus Archives 92: There's absolutely no way in hell that Elias was telling the truth is there? Like, dollars to donuts this season ends with Elias being shot and everyone else being fine.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

New Leaf posted:

If you really want to freak yourself out, YouTube

good advice in general

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

AstroZamboni posted:

So for those of you who (reasonably) gave up on Tanis, Nic appears to be some kind of immortal dimensional conduit being who is destined to have some sort of boss fight against Grigori Rasputin and Nicolas Flamel and gods loving knows who else to keep D&Desque Cthulhu thing from causing a mass extinction.

I'm not feeling good about our chances if this is the same guy who is confused by a rock.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

That said, regarding the most recent episode: Dropping in on Michael and Sarah Baldwin were both perfectly fine. But the mannequin showing up like this, and this soon, is more than I'm really happy with

Yeah, I agree that the mannequin was pretty poor. I was waiting for it to turn out to just be Georgie loving with Johnny until suddenly the episode was over.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Droyer posted:

Is there some kinda meta april fool's joke here where people pretend not to realize the episode came out right after april fool's?

Yeah, the great april fool's joke of "do your april fool's joke three days late"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Anyways, my read on the episode is that these are just like, normal people who did not actually see a ghost but think they did. First season John would have just thrown these recordings in the trash.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
S1 was good but the first few episodes of S2 were unbelievable trash.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Homecoming is good and I will challenge you in the marketplace of ideas

Homecoming season 1 is good, season 2 is kind of a let down.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Homecoming season 1: Has Oscaar Isaac
Homecoming season 2: Does not have Oscaar Isaac

I rest my case.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ornamented Death posted:

TMA needs to find a new way to move the plot forward besides "Johnny gets kidnapped." They're leaning on that one a little hard.

The last time he was kidnapped by the stranger the voice of the stranger was so freakin' absurd that I was positive he was going to turn on the lights and ha ha it's just his roommate playing a goof on us and then the episode just ended.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

might as well rename tanis to "hey can you e-mail me that thing"

Subtitle: And that thing.... was the same as this other thing

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jurgan posted:

Also, Bright Sessions is sort of back. The main story is done, but they’re releasing one-shot stories about other patients. Today’s was an astral projector played by Jassika Nicole of Alice Isn’t Dead.

Man, did anyone else think that season 4 of the Bright Sessions was a major let down compared to season 3? Damian's home invasion and everything happened after was some super tense, powerful story telling, and then season 4 felt like it just forgot to have a conflict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

In my podcast player, I see episode 105 and then it skips to 109. Am I missing episodes are did they do this intentionally?

You're missing episodes.

Inkspot posted:

It felt very focused and also completely unfocused at the same time. Some kind of anti-AM was clearly necessary, and who better to do it, and then it turns out AM isn’t the worst maybe and they’re going to change it from the inside? Okay...

The part that got me was in the last two episodes, oh, poo poo, let's sink wadsworth, but we need to do espionage, and the AM was founded by a secret society of french monks, and this will be accomplished with one evening of reading through books.