Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The bubble keeps inflating forever and we all become trillionaires thanks to the Fed finding a new and improved type of Number-based soap that isn't bound by such material frivolities as "surface tension"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

As far as I can tell, financial assets are buttressed by the central banks in the US and Europe making a point of not allowing the stock price to fall. So until Fed policy changes, I don't know if a bubble burst is possible? God knows what the biden administration is going to do next though*

*if there is economic illiteracy in this post, please educate me

double nine fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 3, 2021

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh yeah, the entire market taking a poo poo is definitely because of your average loser taking out a $5000 loan

Yes absolutely they just hit up capone and do nothing with it, certainly not an implication that they're sold lovely terms to enrich the drivers of those booms/busts and those drops are when the loving credit economy stops generating profit for them and the banks have to get bailed out like they have 3x in the past decade jesus loving christ what a loving godawful intentional misread on your part and I know, covid-brain is a thing but c'mon think about actual loving broad context poo poo from time to time

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
This thread is too long, and nearly 4 years old.

New year, new prez, new thread.

Someone make a new OP, to prepare c-spam for the glorious economic reforms that will surely bless us in the upcoming Age of Bidenomics.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

twoday posted:

Someone make a new OP, to prepare c-spam for the glorious economic reforms that will surely bless us in the upcoming Age of Bidenomics.

What are we going to call the coming shantytowns? Biden-bergs?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FAUXTON posted:

Yes absolutely they just hit up capone and do nothing with it, certainly not an implication that they're sold lovely terms to enrich the drivers of those booms/busts and those drops are when the loving credit economy stops generating profit for them and the banks have to get bailed out like they have 3x in the past decade jesus loving christ what a loving godawful intentional misread on your part and I know, covid-brain is a thing but c'mon think about actual loving broad context poo poo from time to time

can anyone else indicate to me if the above was adequately communicated by the hillaryman's original post:

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah it's because the dipshits can get credit again

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

twoday posted:

rip doomsday Econ long live doomsday Econ

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
SKULL.GIF makes some hard posts and gets bad publicity around here, people calling him a 'misanthrope' or some other poo poo. Life is hard when you're peddling the truth.

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

can anyone else indicate to me if the above was adequately communicated by the hillaryman's original post:

tbh yeah it kinda was imo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

curious as to what terminology FAUXTON would use to refer to people who were sold subprime loans in the leadup to 2008 and how much time he'd spend on ranting about these people instead of describing the system that lead to that moment

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SKULL.GIF posted:

curious as to what terminology FAUXTON would use to refer to people who were sold subprime loans in the leadup to 2008 and how much time he'd spend on ranting about these people instead of describing the system that lead to that moment

The levered-up bucketshops buying up subprime loan bundles as derivatives are dipshits lol idk why you're calling them people though

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

what should we name the new thread

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

double nine posted:

As far as I can tell, financial assets are buttressed by the central banks in the US and Europe making a point of not allowing the stock price to fall. So until Fed policy changes, I don't know if a bubble burst is possible? God knows what the biden administration is going to do next though*

*if there is economic illiteracy in this post, please educate me

Well it does until at such point the Fed/ECB gets cold feet because of capital outflows. That could take a while...but at the same time the more money that is pumped in then the more brittle the system gets, and therefore, even more money had to be continually pumped into it. If anything the US is trapped for the near future because while the US dollar is continually weakening, but there is no way out of the current situation besides a massive crash and an echo recession. Most of the economy at this point is directly dependent on a federal stimulus of some form and if it evaporated, it would take the market with it.

It is why it doesn't really make sense to hold out to puts hoping the market will crash any second, but over the medium term (1-2 years) the situation looks very bleak. That is the thing, it is fair to be bullish at this point because of the way things are evolving, but if the Fed pull the plug on stimulus...it could get real messy real quick.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 4, 2021

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Declan MacManus posted:

"Got covid and now I can't even sell a kidney for rent"

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Declan MacManus posted: