Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
can't wait for the trump tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

i love unlabeled charts

thats part of the mystery

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

etalian posted:

lol supposedly the whole production rollout was so bad they were building the new sedans by hand for many weeks.

Love my artisan sedan

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

extremely glad I clicked on this thread again

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol my dads been bragging to me about how much he's made in litecoin, just told me he put all his earnings back into it today. gonna be smug just in time for christmas

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7leq7t/bought_at_19500_ama/

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

loving lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
holy poo poo lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Aliquid posted:

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAA

weak willed laggard

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Aliquid posted:

lol tanks

I never even considered they would just make (hypothetical) land vehicles to continue the grift

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Agronox posted:

why? why cheer for unemployment and suffering?

nobody goes to the coliseum to see somebody skillfully dodge a lion

also

:vince:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
On the subject of housing

Turmoil posted:

Looks like he deleted it, but it's still cached:

I'm using a throwaway because I do post regularly to this and other subs and would prefer my situation not be linked.

I'm sitting here on Christmas morning, the only one in the house and nursing a glass of red wine as I type this out. I guess I should be clear, I realise that it was my own actions that caused my wife to leave me and not Bitcoin but it did play a direct role in leading me down the path that has brought me to where I am right now.

Several months ago I convinced my wife to allow me to redraw some of the equity in our family home. Thanks to a recent valuation we had almost $200K of approved equity available but we both agreed I would only redraw up to $50K max in blocks of $10K to buy Bitcoin.

Which I did.

Fast forward to over a week ago - Bitcoin was mooning and the FOMO was strong. I saw the price climbing rapidly and had visions of telling my wife over Christmas cocktails that we were going to buy a new car with our incredible windfall. So without her knowledge I decided to buy in with the remainder of our equity - all $150K and go long with the bulk of it. Those transactions completed several days ago and we all know what happened next.

She knew something was wrong with me because of how I was constantly checking the portfolio since the crash. Unfortunately the damage was done, I was completely REKT and in disbelief. I was tempted to leverage the BTC I had left to try and recover my losses but I knew that was just a losers game. Worst of all I had to tell my wife who had no idea what was coming.

I told her everything last night.

I won't go into the specific details but to say there was a lot of yelling, crying and screaming - all of it directed at me. I agreed to cash out what little BTC I had left and return it to the mortgage account. She packed her suitcase and called her sister who picked her up close to midnight and left without saying another word. After she left I did as we agreed, cashing out the BTC and transferring it to our account. I messaged her to say it had been done. An hour later I get a message back from her: It's over, you're reckless and stupid and I'm leaving.

I haven't slept all night. I don't think I will tonight either. I will always remember this Christmas now as the one when Bitcoin ended my marriage.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
till bitcoin do u part

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jose posted:

guillotines seem too time intensive can't we just build a big fire to push them on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmdP1qTjGZY&t=92s

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Reality Loser posted:

I mean, I guess we dont work 16 hours a day 6 days a week in salt mines any more

look at this second rate suck zone poster

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
a dogecoin billionaire is out there, somewhere, a testament to our damnation

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
CryptoShack

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
from the gbs thread, bitconnect basically a ponzi scheme that took everybodies btc and gave kid token bitcoin cash or w/e basically 10500btc->5bux bcc conversion lol

e: oops i sorta explained it badly, you basically gave them your coins for a 1% constant increase, standard ponzi stuff. Then they folded and gave everybody the 1btc:1bcc thing

it all good but heres the summary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f18bv76QVs&t=964s

Homeless Friend fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 17, 2018

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Alpha Mayo posted:

I thought you were kidding.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

logikv9 posted:

wait, so a cryptocurrency was outed as an obvious Ponzi scheme, shut down, but its value went back up because???

Crypto is so powerful it can even make its haters and victims buy in

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
that graph, fuckin lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

stock market goes up, stock market goes down. you can't explain that

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger invisible hand

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Imo Gov. Brown should mobilize the CA NG to go burn all the almond plantations. Especially that one rear end in a top hat who owns so many he uses more water than LA

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

i genuinely think the time has come for the CSPAM Troop thread, because holy poo poo piss this is the worst.

its insanely funny lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
*constantly ordered around by incompetents, can't do anything about it*

Troops: :piaa: i love authority

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

drat you guys lucked out apparently. Every vet I've known has been at best center right, even my brown grandpa.

iirc from polling if you try and split it into red team/blue team its like 60/40 or somethin, so chance are you'll run into conservative leaners on average.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
low and failing wages :sad:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYTPgW5PJFU&t=24s

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

OhFunny posted:

No. The investigation by the Commerce Department into weather foreign auto imports are a "national security threat" and wheather to recommend tariffs on them.

art of the deal

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

euphronius posted:

markets ... will only lead to more ... capitalism.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

RaySmuckles posted:

holy moley will is fat as gently caress

:trumppop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol