Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
is there some way to short this like in bradley cooper film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Agean90 posted:

in argintina isolated compounds were all all found abandoned with the owners either missing or dead nearby lol.

cooperation with other is required for survival

huh?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

crazy cloud posted:

all money everywhere at once catches on extremely hot fire inclding the computers at the banks and stock exchanges

nobody knows why it happens just all the sudden all money is gone

holy poo poo people would freak. out. mannn...
blow up all the credit card buildings where they store all the debt chits. bing bong

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

OhFunny posted:

It's real strange to watch the US, UK, Canadian, and EU central banks began to raise interest rates and prepare to taper their bond buying program when inflation and wage growth is as low as it is.

Kromlech posted:

They're walking a tightrope.
what do u guys mean by dis stuffs (real explanation plz)

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
if you can permit me a stupid question, is there any way to know when this will all go down? like can we sustain for another two years?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://twitter.com/specialreports/status/937654982991638529

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
too late to short nvidia?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

welp time to switch from equities to chinese yuan!!
euro central banks are starting to do this right but how long will it take like another decade? or will it just sort of happen once we outright lose another war, which i guess means another decade

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
420 ayyy

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
why is it that in euro countries u tend to see ppl driving domestic models that dont necessarily get exported? gotta be a form of protectionism right

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

stranger danger posted:

companies like BMW and volvo are seen as luxury brands in the US when in reality they're a lot more like regular car companies. if they brought over their cheaper cars they'd lose their shine.
Yea when i passed thru germany like ten years ago it seemed like every other car was a 1 series hatchback

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
wait so what caused the big sell off we were getting hype about two weeks ago or w/e? wages going up, and therefore...?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://twitter.com/karaswisher/status/976250639209525249

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Digiwizzard posted:

We're already in hypercapitalism. All the regulatory mechanisms have been disabled to keep the engine running. Now the needle is deep in the red and black smoke is pouring out of the hood.
Smoke doesnt pour it billows

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
Is the next one really going to be 1929 level? :smith:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
what is the 500 bn, the trade deficit b/w us and china?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
*bursts into thread* its down 69 points rn

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Lokar posted:

I’m looking up cricket protein powder and their marketing is on point “You are already eating bugs anyway!”

Tomato Paste,
Pizza Sauce

Average of 30 or more fly eggs per 100grams

OR 15 or more fly eggs and 1 or more maggots per 100 grams

OR 2 or more maggots per 100 grams in a minimum of 12 subsamples

yum
:barf: i sincerely wish i hadnt read this

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
thats srsly so gross and i feel kinda queasy having read it -_-

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
what are the foods that have the least gross poo poo in it, now that i can never eat tomato sauce again

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
im still freaking out about eating bugs and poop :(

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
pigs are def cute and intelligent therefore its wrong to eat them

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i feel queasy constantly now. seriously what foods dont have bugs in em? i cant live like this

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i dont want to talk about figs but i will say i havent eaten them in more than a decade or two

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
someone lobotomize me plz

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i looked at the FDA list and it seems like some things are worse than others. like canned tomato products are def worse than avg

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
how am i supposed to process stuff like this? extinct by when?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

FCKGW posted:

i don't liek the climate posts in this thread because it makes me sad
same. i have enough executive functioning to plan for six months to a year or even to five whole years ahead now, which I couldn't have said for myself at 23. but uh, when its a harvard guy saying 0% global emissions by 2024 or everyone dies i just want to start drinking then and there.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
so is climate going to kill everyone or not

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
sorry i meant to ask when is climate going to kill everyone

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
I wish i was a crocodile and not a member of this doomed idiot species

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
what stocks do well during a trade war

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Taintrunner posted:

Hey, after the collapse? gently caress 'em. Whoever it is? They'll get done shot.

What we're in now is manufactured consent of people so afraid of everything falling apart. When poo poo starts falling apart, and that consent is gone, it's open season.
all the ppl who are actually armed in this dumpster country are III%ers and their sympathizers. when the next occupy moment happens i keep imagining the paramilitary psychos will be out in force to stand in solidarity with the nypd.

cargo cult fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 10, 2018

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
it owns how an american general strike would be instantly met with solidarity strikes across the globe that would bring globalized capitalism to a halt but such a thing will never happen because people identify more with their boss than with the people to their left and to their right. also civil rights broke all the white worker's brains.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

rudatron posted:

i'm intensely skeptical that an american general strike would be met with solidarity, or that a general strike anywhere, in any other country, would be met with solidarity. International cooperation & solidarity is too low.
i guess you're right in the sense that the entire french public sector was just left in the lurch. no pun intended.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
lmao nine months after VJ day :thermidor: :thermidor: :thermidor: :thermidor: :thermidor: :thermidor: :thermidor: :thermidor: :thermidor:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i havent at all kept up with greek or balkan politics but how did they sustain such generalized hostility against the state circa 2008-2009?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

orange sky posted:

Air traffic controllers are the highest paid profession here in Portugal (in average, above footballers even), work 4 day weeks and retire really early
atcs used to be unionized until one time they went on strike during the reagan admin and he just walked in and fired them all

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
what do yall think of the upcoming slack/airbnb/uber ipos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
3% in a day isnt significant is it? idk poo poo but its still really funny that he went and publicly second guessed the fed