Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Tunicate posted:

Just use your area code + 8675309

I enter that number at gas stations that prompt for a phone number as a reference to a saver card. Thanks for propagating the discounts for me.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Shameful if you don't use 90210 as your area code

That's a zip code, dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Flunky posted:

i have like five of these shops within a 30 mile radius of me here in the far northeast corner of TN, and i have no idea how they're still operating

they all look like they're a time capsule from 1970, tons of ancient vacuums hung up in the windows, but the shops are clean and clearly still in business

i assume they're all run by ancient dudes who never gave it up but it's still baffling to see their OPEN signs flashing. appalachia owns

The olds occasionally bought hilariously expensive vacuums (Kirby lol) back in the 80s and the old coots that run those shops can fix pretty much every vacuum because they're actually rather simple machines, until you get to those iRobot ones. Their shops stay open because of low property and business taxes.

Also drugs and 'shine.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
$15/hr is a $30k~ year full time 40hr week job.

Well, $31,200 before taxes.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 3, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My last place was a matchbox poo poo hole but it was $650~ for a 500sq ft studio. They'd rape you on pet fees at $40/mo each. Tow you for backing into parking spots. It was a dive.

1 bedrooms here are $900-1500/mo. I caught one at the lower end of that range, still have to use a laundromat. Booo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Music has always been trash. You gotta pick through the mess to find anything worthwhile.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The crash that kicked off the 2008 recession was about 5%, iirc. We had one or two like that this year already.

Still like the 3rd or 4th largest point drop. loving beautiful.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, not looking forward to the coming dip. Just waiting for the misstep to occur and the news cycle to blow it up and start the panic.

I cared enough about this poo poo watching the train wreck of 2007-9 that I overindulged a bit and now couldn't give a gently caress less. Run that loving train off the rails on a bridge over a valley.

It's so much easier watching this poo poo happen again since I've accepted that I'm never going to retire.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That reads like a padded sociology paper.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ArmZ posted:

much like your posting!!!

Thanks chief.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Tubgoat posted:

As I took a piss and had a swig of discount vodka in the McDonald's restroom, I was thinking about something related; if alcohol's effects were identical to what they are now but without the risk of addiction, organ damage and cancer, alcohol production would've just stopped outright, no prohibition or anything, the technology would've just been lost to humanity, as so many intellectual and scientific treasures have, over the ages.

Edit: Speaking of carcinogenic consumables, I found half a burg on my way out. :radcat:

Tractors used to run off ethanol. Even if we didn't want to drink it, it would still be around. My family had their own operational stills through the 70s to fuel the tractors, and a few family members. Now it's in most gasoline.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol. loving glad I got a job in the cannabis industry before the economy shits the bed. No one quits their loving vices in a recession.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Dipshit posted:

Start? Isn't default at like 10ish?

Won't people start growing their own?

Until they can't pay their electric bill.

Also, most stoners are not going to grow. Whether it be security reasons (live w/ parents, dorms, strictly against lease, etc), finances to start growing (lamps, nutes, pH +/-, ventilation, etc), lack of outdoors space to grow, or just all around laziness, and even if they manage to clear those hurdles, they won't be growing weed on par with a dispensary until they're a few cycles deep. Just tossing seeds in the ground and walking away for six months will net you a lot of seedy, low THC weed that isn't worth poo poo because everyone locally still wants 15-20%+ that they get at the dispensary for $100-200/oz.

People could also make bathtub gin, but that doesn't stop liquor sales during a recession.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Sr. Though his war was much more called for, and the Kuwaitis love him.

Jr. probably has another 20-30 years.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Rated PG-34 posted:

when do we get cool american dash cam vids

Youtube's full of them. Fury Road is a great channel to start on.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuPI3dGRg-YV5Eo9oO5JQyg

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

anime was right posted:

but yeah the only other shot is spotify or uber declaring a quarter so disastrous theres no chance of them making a profit

Uber is not and has never been profitable. It survives by burning investment capital and sucking its' own dick.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Shear Modulus posted:

the reason you invest in uber is you think they will either invent autonomous cars and cut out all their labor expenses (this is not going to happen soon) or you think that they will further entrench their monopoly, run lyft and taxicabs out of business, and then be able to charge whatever they want

Uber and Lyft remind me of Sirius satellite and XM radio, pre-buyout.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Truga posted:

UK will fix its economy when the queen executes everyone in the parliament and declares war on nazi USA when trump wins in 2024. gonna need so many bombs and nuke shelters built

By then we'll all be seeing marketing for Donnie Jrs' doomsday shelters anyhow.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://www.ezlogstructures.com/products/

Gonna build me a shed.

Then Cobain myself in it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

readingatwork posted:

Imagine how fast rent prices would drop if people like him had to pay 10%/year on each house they weren't living in.

You know better. He'd just raise rent 20%.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Burger King doesn't sponsor potholes though. That's Domino's and it's not a large scale deal.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

GEMorris posted:

Just replaced our water heater over thanksgiving weekend. All told it was about $450 in parts, and about half a days time. Do you goons not know how to do basic maintenance tasks? I also touch computers for a living but goddamn, branch out and learn some other skills.

Plumbers are as good at spotting a mark as mechanics.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The fundamentals are so strong that we can't keep up, being mere mortals.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bitcoin continued its' slow decline today. Around 3700 now.

This is good for bitcoin.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
At least spongebob could afford a goddamn pineapple under the sea on a fast food salary.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That asparagus water poo poo is from a few years ago. Definitely before amazon bought them out.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Teal posted:

Please, invisible hand, all I wish for is red, red Christmas. :unsmith:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

J. P. Beagley posted:

very excited to be living through the next French Revolution season, narrated by Mike Duncan

I'd prefer Carl Kasell, but since he died back in April, I'll take Bill Curtis.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

skaboomizzy posted:

someone in my neighborhood is trying to flip a house they just bought in March for $110k profit

I'm sure they're having a very interesting month

Point a webcam at it and wait for the insurance fraud fire.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Left my last employer a week before a $40-60k amazon order was scheduled to ship. I hope they hosed it up for being a poo poo company that pays gently caress all, but buys $25k in catalogs to dumpster after the first of the year for a tax write off. Can't give a motherfucker a quarter raise but happily wasting money on stupid poo poo. Oh, and their inventory system runs off acumatica, garbage enough to leave for having to use that alone.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Rectal Death Adept posted:

so what you are saying is that you are killing the panhandling industry

No, he's killing the refrigerator box market.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

This is amazing and I hope he wins enough to stop embarrassing himself on lovely hack "celeb" shows.

It's a first class ticket to a guillotine, but one I can smile about.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Tastykake posted:

has anyone born on 9/11/2001 died in Afghanistan yet

No. Gotta be 18 to deploy.

It's going to be Jan '20 before we see the first post 9/11 baby die in service, because training timelines. More likely, because most kids turn 18 in their senior year, will then graduate first half of '20. Earliest enlisted then would be through school around October '20, sent to units shortly after, deploying or not. Odds are it will be a marine, around January '21.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Ron Jeremy posted:

17 to enlist, so we've just passed the milestone where babies born after 9/11 are in the military. It's just a matter of time.

Most 17y/os that enlist are split training for the nasty girls (national guard). They boot between junior and senior year, do follow up school (ait or whatever) after high school is over and report to a guard unit.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

cool dance moves posted:

trump's gonna replace powell with a washed-out infomercials guy

the shamwow economy

I kinda hope he'd think, "let's get that Billy Mays guy, he has lots of energ.... He's what? Since when? From what? Coke can do that do you?"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

skaboomizzy posted:

maybe some of those fuckers would've actually jumped

How about, instead of waiting for them to jump, we just push them?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Salmon go up?

Only before they die. Then they just float back downstream to the bear economy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Rastor posted:

I got the Moto with the ShatterShield screen, I've dropped it like a hundo times and screen still works great

However the secret to being shatterproof is being made of scratchable plastic so a screen protector is mandatory

What model? I have the X4 and only have a case on it, no scratch protection. About 8 months now and the screen is still without a scratch. Though it does frequently get coated in weed resin and the like from my gloves at work, so it's occasionally sticky where I tap for the next song.

I drop it all the drat time and it's never given me a problem.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Do you trim professionally in a legal state? Having done the entire process from start to finish I'm amazed anyone can make money off weed, must be a scale thing

Trim and greenhouse work for one company, in a legal state, yes. Even on a W2. Definitely a scale thing.

The people that gently caress up growing/selling weed, aside from legal reasons or licensure, are the ones trying to turn small to moderate harvests with like, three people, because they generally don't want to employ trimmers full time and use them for other poo poo. Small being <100 plants a month, moderate being at least that a week. Then there are the dumbasses that have lump harvests, not unlike an outdoor harvest, but indoors, and loving hundreds, sometimes a thousand or more plants to harvest, trim, dry and cure. Lots of those like to employ trimmers on 1099s and short term as possible, run three crops a year. Better to rotate the crop so you're constantly harvesting on a manageable amount of plants on a weekly basis. A decent wet trim crew running a twister can put 100-150 plants down a day.

I like the laborious work and it's pretty rewarding overall. But I was a farm kid, so whatever.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

trump will enthusiastically fire all the air traffic controllers over twitter, shutting down all air travel for months

The military would take over ATC. Each branch has their own ATC units and though they'd be thin and a lot slower, poo poo would still get around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Snoo posted:

who drinks skim milk????

Fat people.