Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

seems sustainable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
this seems sustainable

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
alright i have about 20k in savings, where should i be putting it to prep for the inevitable crash

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFT7hNhop7w

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Main Paineframe posted:

these poor unfortunate landlords, barely able to keep their second roof over their head and being unfairly squeezed by BIG HOTEL's dastardly anti-competitive regulations

:killing:

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
It should be noted that the phrase "shadow banking" contains the pejorative connotation of back alley loan sharks. Many in the financial services industry find this phrase offensive. A much better term is "market-based finance.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
the shills keep buying trying to prevent another -1,000 day. Sad!

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Rex-Goliath posted:

ffs no one is buying stock just to keep the price up you dipshits. this isn’t bitcoin. it’s mostly institutional long-term investors that dump money in every day no matter what

didn't know Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch paid their shills to post in CSPAM

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

rudatron posted:

i predict that beef will probably end up becoming a niche item that only the super rich eat, kinda like it was in ancient greece, where all the poors ate grains or maybe sometimes fowl/chickens

never underestimate capitalism's ability to neglect the well-being of helpless creatures

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Perfectly normal above freezing temps at the north pole forecast in the final third of freezing season in the Arctic

What Is To Be Done?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

HoI4 playthrough looking nice.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
the market is recovering. get baited idiots.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

LegoPirateNinja posted:

landlords are the reason cops murder people for the crime of suppressing property value

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
i skimmed throught that United Way thing and things are bad. most of the problems are things that will just be cascading in the future. fear of medical debt leading to not going to doctor leading to preventable diseases killing people was one example they used.

i know it seems like "crisis is inevitable" is overstated in this thread, but it really isnt at this point

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

nice meltdown

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Agronox posted:

elon musk knows american history about as well as he does engineering for manufacturability lol

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
it's parody at this point

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
in a few years when republicans and democrats agree on cutting social security and medicare the excuse will be "people live longer, they can work longer"

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Agrajag posted:

laying off 9% of the workforce while still int he midst of failing to meet production goals is pretty lol

tesla the star citizen of car manufacturers

/r/teslamotors spinning this as a good thing

multi-dimensional chess

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1006994100904779776

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Grouchio posted:

That is the hope, but are the chances of that occuring better than 2:3 against? Or will this turn out to be false and humanity loses itself in it's ditherance? These are the things that my mind processes every single day!

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

when people bitch about millennials, this is who they are talking about

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

It's super dumb and also brings me into month 3 of a job hunt that is slowly literally killing me. Because being an artist doesn't pay rent and it also doesn't look good on a resume because it's not "a real job" so I just know i'm getting immediately skipped over at 95% of these places that just needs a butt in a seat typing in a spreadsheet

cool country tho

so much work to be done in medical, infrastructure, environment, art and yet young people are fighting for administrative assistant positions with poo poo pay/benefits

economy dying again, so what

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
someone that regularly eats fast food telling me veganism isnt natural

ye ok

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

comedyblissoption posted:

richard wolff in a recent economic update pointed out that minimum wage would be $20/hr if it tracked increases in productivity since the 70s

it really is a basic stat that should be pushed by the left every loving minute of every day.

its countered by anecdotal experiences from boomers and how they worked for $1 every morning delivering newspapers in 1962

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
t h e f u n d a m e n t a l s a r e s o u n d

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

staying rich in ways i never even thought about

thank u economy :pray:

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Can someone explain how UberEats is surviving? Just watched a YouTube video of a guy making $65 in 10 hours after gas. Deliveries pay out like $3.50 per delivery.

What a joke.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Can't vote for jeremy corbyn though he'll turn the UK into venezuela

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1063412394041507840

UK saw such rapid and ruthless austerity policy. it was such a different country even 10 years ago.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Shifty Pony posted:

Sure, but have you seen the sheer amount of glass going into new construction these days? The newish "McModern" style in particular will have windows taking up entire walls of the main living spaces. Even if builders spent the extra to put in extremely efficient windows (they don't) that's still massive amounts of wall area which is thermally equivalent to 1950s uninsulated stud walls.

for those that don't know what a McModern is:

reminds me of these fcking things that are being put up in every western city. all expensive as gently caress

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

whenever this fucker pops whatever "occupy" movement originates from it better be putting people against the wall this time

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

SKULL.GIF posted:

Breaking from the current topic but I think it's interesting looking at how Target has managed to establish itself as "Better than Walmart" and a huge part of it is that they're not actually open 24 hours a day

Target operating on "regular sleep hours plus 2 hours either way" had a massive centralizing impact on their status as "the retailer that's just like you"

Kinda reminds me of how McDonald's is currently trying to rebrand itself with healthier options and 'better' burgers.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Maybe it's just me but like, I just don't get "overdose funerals" or whatever

Like, why do you associate with or meet so many hard drug addicts

is shooting up opioids and rubbing shoulders with people who do so common? because if an acquaintance had a drug problem I'd nope the gently caress out of there and avoid them like the plague

poo poo i was lower middle class and from a town famous for its weed and methheads but i certainly wouldn't hang around with them long enough to go to any of their overdose funerals

just dont do drugs 4Head

you're a moron

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
farms have been getting more and more consolidated during the past few years.

agribusiness is scary af

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
What are some other artificial companies that have no market and are solely propped up by VC money?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Marx Headroom posted:

I opened a new line of credit to increase my credit score and the credit inquiry lost more points than the new credit line gained, so now my credit score is worse and they recommended I open more credit lines to increase my score

*throws computer out window*

Credit score is the dumbest thing. It's literally an algorithm dictating your life. Good luck if anyone steals your identity and opens credit in your name, you are hosed.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
is a global wealth tax inevitable at this point? these economists and politicians must be working on something to bandaid capitalism up

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
havent u guys learned. massive sell off at start, and then the algorithm bots pick up the pieces.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
being able to buy off $1.5m debt for $12,000 seems extremely healthy and normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
The amount of new car ads and commercials are baffling. I don't understand who is buying them.