Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
real estate bubble is happening again, and if it coincides with tech, we are in for a wild ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

rudatron posted:

Something something, that joe kennedy quote where he says when shoeshine boys are giving stock tips it's time to sell

this is fact, and has aged massively well as a quote ( the existence of shoe shine boys notwithstanding)

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

etalian posted:

I think the more modern warning is when all your cube-farm co-workers start believing the stock market is a full-proof way to make money or are talking about getting into house flipping.

yes, and the latter is definitely already happening

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

anime was right posted:

i have to consistently warn my mother against house-flipping, who still thinks its a great idea when you dont have excess capital to fall back on :sigh:

it really isn't unless you have that excess capital; there is no way of knowing when you won't be able to sell the house because no one is buying

you will be losing money if you time it wrong, and if you have no excess capital you are in deep water

Lindsey O. Graham fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 7, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Agean90 posted:

probably, but he's also a survivalist kook so :shrug:

In all seriousness though the only part im taking seriously is the parts where hermits bunker up then get killed because gently caress those guys. As he's the only source i can find i'd treat everything else with a hefty bit of salt, especially since i've already found stuff that contridicts his gold bug tendencies. But alas, the conditions people live in are unimportant compared to imf impact diagrams or whatever.

your initial point was, people need to cooperate to survive, and imho, just lol at anyone who thinks they can get by without that when, and if the apocalypse comes

you can hole up with your canned, and dehydrated food, and your gallons of water with walls lined with guns, but if a smart enough, and large enough roving band of humans comes by, you are a corpse with stuff, or if you are smart, a member of a brand new community who is intent on forcibly sharing your resources

either way, being one man in a forest with things makes you a patsy in the natural world, and we haven't been living in that for some time

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Testicular Torque Wrench posted:

i've been involved in "survival" type stuff for a while. part of what we do to train involves being self-sufficient in the woods for any amount of time. i've seen people doing very well food and shelter-wise who tapped out because they couldnt bear being alone. people prefer being part of a starving group instead of being fed and alone. if some poo poo hits the theoretical fan i'm staying in a city.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

the bitcoin of weed posted:

isn't this exactly what mouth swab tests do though

they normally don't use those for employment

the piss test is the standard

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

C-Euro posted:

X-post from the TRUMP thread-

This is extortion, right?

yes
it is
it will work though
:chaostrump:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

the bitcoin of weed posted:

yeah but like, if employers actually cared to differentiate, they could use a different test
at my current job i did a piss test before i got hired then they do random annual tests with mouth swabs (the owner is a fascist)

:agreed:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Byolante posted:

They already killed the protection for investors that the vendor cannot knowingly sell toxic assets without warning the investor of it properly.

yep,

:lol:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

anime was right posted:

what in Tarnation.. heck

that was hate speech, plain n simple

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Main Paineframe posted:

if all your money becomes worthless overnight, are you going to:

a) go trade your prized possessions to the one bitcoiner within fifty miles of you in exchange for magic fun bucks

b) exchange your car for a box full of graphics cards and hope you're lucky enough to get 0.001 bitcoins before the power goes out and renders them worthless

c) join the looters pillaging the area in order to stock up on food and gasoline

c, always c
like, are you kidding?
because, like, obviously c

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

crazy cloud posted:

:goonsay: hmm yes but what if we chucked a fusion-core battlestar in there

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
nothin' sexy like a solar flare will end the world

it will be trump endin' a civilization before it can get it togetha' and address global warmin' and me robbin' people of health care

c'est simple

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Come now, even he's seen the light an moved to the healthy galaxy-tier high fructose corn syrup.

lmao

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mcclay posted:

What if we arrest all the CEOs/Shareholders and take the money from them? What problems can a gun not fix?

one problem?
gitmo

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

aphid_licker posted:

Re: creating "wealth" via exploitation, we've also gone big into debt against the environment and that poo poo is about to come due in a big way

is coming due
let's all die together

as a senator i have better healthcare, so maybe not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

:laffo:

:roflolmao: