Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Let's amass technology and form the Brotherhood of Steel. It's the only logical thing that we can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So should I try and nail my student loan debt as quickly as possible before the crash hits?

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

cargo cult posted:

if you can permit me a stupid question, is there any way to know when this will all go down? like can we sustain for another two years?

I suppose if you keep predicting a crash then one day you'll be right.

I think the US personal debt in excess of 12.7T should scare the poo poo out of people.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

silentsnack posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-16/a-crazy-stock-market-is-punishing-sellers
Crazy maybe, but it’s become the norm on Wall Street. Whether it’s the threat of nuclear war, hurricanes, or Russian meddling, it seems nothing can unnerve investors bent on pushing the U.S. stock market higher and higher. Even Richard Thaler, who won a Nobel Prize last week for explaining how irrationality drives financial markets, said he couldn’t understand why stocks keep going up now.

Show me the fever
Into the fire
Taking it higher and higher
Nothing to fear
It's only desire
Taking you higher and higher
Ooooooooooooo

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

the average voter lacks a day off to go vote

Which is why it should be a federal holiday.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

someone was saying that corps are legally obliged to not invest their tax refund, does anyone have details on that?

In a corporation, a board of directors makes decisions concerning money. The board of directors is determined by the majority voting stock shareholders. The majority of voting stocks are owned by a few hyper-wealthy and outnumber ordinary investors' voting stocks every single time.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bernie is a prophet, volume 692478237689

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
One of the understated bubbles is that of United States debt. My deferred compensation fund (and many, many more like it) has been heavily investing in the United States debt (essentially lending the government money for more money in the form of interest). As the tax reform passes, the government will be entirely unable to pay back that debt and those funds will eventually pop.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
gently caress. I had that backwards.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm legitimately embarrassed that I perceived of investment in United States debt as a bubble. I do, however, fear for my deferred compensation package.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

My god I want that twitter name

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Another life snuffed out by reddit

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Fun fact: Carter helped usher in the Christianization of American politics when he showed that wearing baby jesus on your sleeve can score you some votes.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
At minimum it should mean the end of the neoliberal economic consensus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Theory posted: