Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Predicting when the next economic crisis will come is like predicting when your grandmother is going to die

You can be consistently wrong for a very long time

but if you keep it up one day you will be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I totally stopped following Bitcoin around the election. Is there anything I should know aside from "rampant speculation"?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

e^^ New smiley for the god-cursed 2017

I noticed the futures thing, I figured it was a way for the big guys to cash out all at once and make unbelievable bank

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

logikv9 posted:

I'm extremely excited for the Second Depression caused by fake internet money

We had a "great resession" rather than a depression - what will depression #3 be called?

"slowdown caused by structural unemployment 2018"

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Can the bursting of Bitcoin's bubble please take down the Canadian housing bubble

I mean I know "The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought" but c'mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

platzapS posted:

"sobering" hahaha

What we're saying is that America thinks of itself as the first piece of music, but is in fact the second