Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes
im gonna see them in a few months, post your favorite album or whatever i dont care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes

this is their album ive been listening to recently

Ace of Baes
this is my favorite album overall over the course of listening to them for like 10+ years

Ace of Baes
if the mountain goats were popular enough to have an under rated album it would be this one

Ace of Baes
this is the album was the best album art, also a really good album

Ace of Baes
Moon Colony Bloodbath is an EP released by the Mountain Goats and John Vanderslice while on tour in 2009. It was recorded by John Darnielle and John Vanderslice, with a cover art collage by Michael Pajon. John Darnielle had this to say about its status as a concept album:

"Some of the songs have something to do with a loose rock opera/'concept album' idea about organ harvesting colonies on the moon and the employees thereof, who spent their off months living in secluded opulence in remote American locations. Concepts like this are actually more fun when you abandon them but leave their traces kicking around, so that’s what we did.”

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Pffft, I remember the Mountain Goats before they sold out to Big Music.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i listen to mountain goats back when they were just regular goats

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Corby Haas
I tried listening to the Mountain Goats in like 2003 or whatever because they were from Denton, Texas (maybe?) and maybe they were sort of like the punk rock I listened to exclusively. I never figured it out back then and I forgot about them until around 2013 an open mic comedian kept trying to make a Mountain Goats joke and no one knew who she was talking about but I still didn't listen to them it's hard to say why really because I was drinking a lot at the time.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
The college station here used to play 'best ever death metal band outta denton' a lot

It's good

https://youtu.be/w6IrmULLV0M

precision

by VideoGames
beat the champ is their best one in a long time

i prefer the old stuff

like this, that's my poo poo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

I don't know them that well but they seem cool

I hope this thread summons our old friend and big mt goats fan chairman meow back from the dead

BlueBlazer

Hugh Malone posted:

The college station here used to play 'best ever death metal band outta denton' a lot

It's good

HAIL SATAN

BlueBlazer

Hugh Malone posted:

It's good

weird double post, just listened very fun

precision

by VideoGames
I refused to listen to them (him) for awhile cause my roommates gf in 99 played them way too much

Ben Carsons Ghost

oh yes the mtn goats

how to explain how much I obsess over the moutnan goats

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ghost emoji

oooOooOOOooh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLE6_d3838I

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this post and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this post, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the post and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this post or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

cda

by Hand Knit

Ben Carsons Ghost posted:

oh yes the mtn goats

how to explain how much I obsess over the moutnan goats

lol

Ace of Baes
you think thats crazy check out my folder

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

I can't really think of a bad thing tMG have done, from the early straight-to-cassette EPs to the masterpieces THE SUNSET TREE, TALLAHASSEE and HERETIC PRIDE to the extremely dope but weird GOTHS

My favorite is ALL ETERNALS DECK mostly because of "drat These Vampires" with its western/horror vibe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRTqDG9Mo18

but no song gets a crowd yelling/singing along like "No Children" from TALLAHASSEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm-NW1RwPY8

seeing them live is a beautiful thing and i'm jealous OP. enjoy!

precision

by VideoGames
No Children is a song that really speaks to the alcoholic rear end in a top hat I was when I was in my 20s

----------------

Ben Carsons Ghost

Ace of Baes posted:

is it all pdfs cause that's neat

Ace of Baes
john darnielle is really good at meter

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I don't know who these guys are but I like there music.

----------------

precision

by VideoGames

Ace of Baes posted:

john darnielle is really good at meter

i shouldn't have but i busted out laughing when i first learned that his drug of choice for a very long time was crystal meth

like i've known a lot of meth heads and none of them struck me as the sort to write earnest folk songs lmbo

also every 6 months i argue on facebook with him about spotify because he's friends with a dude i've known forever and he really really hates spotify (funny bc he's made nearly a million dollars from "up the wolves" being used in TWD alone and ppl listening to it on spotify)

precision fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 10, 2017

----------------

Hey Whose Mule

by FactsAreUseless

Ace of Baes posted:

post another pic when it contains 420069 files, tia.

----------------

Ace of Baes

precision posted:

i shouldn't have but i busted out laughing when i first learned that his drug of choice for a very long time was crystal meth

like i've known a lot of meth heads and none of them struck me as the sort to write earnest folk songs lmbo

also every 6 months i argue on facebook with him about spotify because he's friends with a dude i've known forever and he really really hates spotify (funny bc he's made nearly a million dollars from "up the wolves" being used in TWD alone and ppl listening to it on spotify)

the dudes been touring for like 30 years he deserves a mil lol

precision

by VideoGames
he deserves a mil but shouldn't be complaining about Spotify when he's one of the few musicians that has made a shitload of money from it

at least he doesn't have insane conspiracy theories about it like David Lowery does

how's the book Darnielle wrote?

----------------

ghost emoji

oooOooOOOooh

precision posted:

he deserves a mil but shouldn't be complaining about Spotify when he's one of the few musicians that has made a shitload of money from it

at least he doesn't have insane conspiracy theories about it like David Lowery does

how's the book Darnielle wrote?

its good but im a total mountain goats fangirl so I'm biased

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this post and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this post, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the post and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this post or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

precision

by VideoGames

ghost emoji posted:

mountain goats fangirl

are you my old roommate's girlfriend??? is this like the time i discovered jamie stewart is a goon and hates my posts? that was equally funny and depressing bc him and i are IRL friends, had a good laugh next time i saw him and told him who i was lol

----------------

ghost emoji

oooOooOOOooh

precision posted:

are you my old roommate's girlfriend??? is this like the time i discovered jamie stewart is a goon and hates my posts? that was equally funny and depressing bc him and i are IRL friends, had a good laugh next time i saw him and told him who i was lol

i'm married so hopefully not!!! every mountain goats fan i know irl is also a lady, they seem to be popular with us

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

Ben Carsons Ghost

JD has written three books now, he wrote Master Of Reality for the 33 1/3 series which is amazing and he wrote wolf in white van which is very frightenting somehow to me. his thired is Universal Harvester which I haven't read be keep meaning to get from amazon

precision

by VideoGames
John darnielle, will Oldham, Chan marshal and bill Callahan would be like a post modern traveling wilburys

Senior Management

goats like to climb on things

:jerry:

cda

by Hand Knit

Vynar posted:

goats like to climb on things

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
theyre good. i like the coroners gambit and all hail west texas

Adbot