Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
This game is going to be great and I will probably lose all my time to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I had a bunch of Ice Cream v Ice Cream matches and also I was bad. Need to fiddle with that sensitivity a bit maybe - I need to react to stuff faster and keep a better distance.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Splatoon's matchmaking has been fine and I've never felt like I've been ruined by pros except on very rare occasions. The Splatfest will be out of the norm since all the tryhards came in to get at the game early. Plus, there's Salmon Run and the campaign to do.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Salmon Run is fun but the t-shirt is ugly and nobody understands how to fight the Fishflys which sucks because they're the most obnoxious enemy type by far.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Oh also people should really get more on that "this way" chat command because unless you're fighting the god of squidkids and/or are both small children, having a numbers advantage is an easy way to win any fight and you'll get the map covered faster.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy loving poo poo of the five games I played today 4 of them were reduced to me frantically and ineffectually painting the enemy's back line as the rest of my team were spawnlocked and incapable of doing anything. If Nintendo hadn't made the worst voice/party solution ever devised I'd be jumping on that immediately.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

leftist heap posted:

maybe you should go back to the spawn and help them dummy

I'm not about the being spawncamped lifestyle.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy loving poo poo I had an eight game losing streak.

E: Nine games now

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jul 29, 2017

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Mayo and ketchup are not enemies. Fry sauce is the real winner.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Frankston posted:

Jeez playing on EU has been absolutely miserable today. So many afks and bad players. Yes I'm super salty right now.

Man, I've been there. I took a step back and went and did something else for a while. I get frustrated easily which is no good for this fun game about squidkids.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Nintendo delete the Aerospray.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's bizzare how bad the Stingray is, especially when the Salmonid boss that uses it can aim on a dime whereas you have no ability to do so. The turn speed needs to come way up before it gets any better.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I think they overbalanced it around Tower Control. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

Yeah, that'd make sense. Being blown up on the tower constantly wouldn't be great. Kind of doesn't excuse how bad it is right now though.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

DaveKap posted:

My favorite thing about the Switch and Splatoon 2 is when the Switch decides that the best point to lose connection to my joycon (but only the left one) is when I try to hit down on the d-pad to choose "Exit" so that I do not continue matchmaking.

Get that sent in for repair, dude. It's a known defect that takes less than a week to get sent off to fix. Your squidding experience will be much improved.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
My connection is awful tonight - dropped from 4 salmon runbgames and dropped all then way back to Apprentice. I hope it's not like this tomorrow!

Edit: 5 times now

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 4, 2017

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Restart your switch

This didn't help. Went into another match and lost connection again.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
My Switch has decided to play ball! Dunno what caused it but hopefully it'll last for tomorrow.

Also stop posting weird poo poo in this thread, Jesus Christ.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I have slain many ketchup allies this day. Forgive me.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The purple/green ketchup battles are awesome.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I've been winning most of my ketchup vs mayo matches, so I feel good about my personal contribution anyway. The N-Zap is pretty good. lovely Station feels weird right now but I hope upcoming changes will sort it out - moving platforms aren't a bad concept.

When should I scrub my Splatfest shirt? Whenever it's full?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

bizarre deformity posted:

The best teammates are the ones who booyah early and booyah often. It's messed up when your teammates don't booyah when you do!

If anyone ouches and I avenge them I make sure to Booyah to raise their morale. :shobon:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Still slaying mayo scum in the UK here. If ketchup doesn't win I'm going to blame all the Aidens.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I blame Aiden. All of them.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

The Gorp posted:

Give us an Anti-Yeah option that isn't a full blown report.

Revamp to Fresh! and Dry! and Dry posts are hidden from you and might not even show up if they are too Dry.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Vampires have been ruined forever whilst werewolves are still badass, sorry losers.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

an actual dog posted:

ahh I see you're team jacob

Stan Taylor posted:

Dracula's are sexy lovers while werewolves are furries.

Vampires are defeated by the following things:
- Garlic
- Sunlight
- Running water
- Not being invited to your house party

Werewolves are defeated by the following things
- A gun

Check and mate.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Deco Heavy Splatling is bad in turf war. Source: 3 painful games. :(

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Is the shifty station in the US the same as the one in the Eu? Because we got a clusterfuck of a map with an incredibly narrow corridor in the middle where both teams would repeatedly re-enact the charge of the light brigade. Step it up, Marina. :mad:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Err, I'm sure Europe got the one with ink rails.

Yeah, there were ink rails. They didn't really help.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Once again, Shifty Station is terrible.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Kelp Dome is a garbage map for morons. It might be the only map that still has spawncamping as a feature.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
First few matches as Egg have gone off to a good start! Go team Egg!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy poo poo I loving hate musselforge so much. Love having to assault a hill where all avenues of attack can be easily covered by two people.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Yeah the shifty station was really fun this time around.

Ended on Queen with I think a positive W/L ratio, but MusselForge's garbage design earned me a few losses at the end.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I don't care about this Splatfest.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Hey guys.

Guys.

Woomy.

:woomy:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I beat the campaign, time to get Octo Expansion! :woomy:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm loving in love with the heavy splatling deco. It's so good at just denying space and blowing up squids who make a wrong move. It helps that Arrowana Mall is in the rotation right now, so you can just take the high ground and spray and pray poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Do a Mario + Rabbids style tactical game for Splatoon. You're training up a Squidbeak Splatoon to fight Octarians/Salmonids/whatever. You can have a ton of fun movement options with the ink spreading and super jumps.