Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm a big fan of the Squiffer. I might be the only one though. The ability to save a charge might make the Squiffer better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This owns, Mischief Makers owns

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Here's a weird question: my wife loves Splatoon, and is excited for 2. We share a Switch, which we each have a profile on. She has her own NNID and such. If she starts playing Splatoon 2 on our Switch, but then decides to get her own so we can face each other in local multiplayer or play online together, will she have to start over from scratch on the new Switch? Or do we have to wait until they institute cloud saves?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Guy Goodbody posted:

She can put her character info on an Amiibo and transfer it that way

Do we know if that will bring everything over, like her rank online and stuff? Or just her gear setup?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rexroom posted:

Knowing Nintendo, cloud saves are probably the thing to wait for.

Hopefully they'll be part of the online subscription from the getgo

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Also getting ice cream vs ice cream over here. I thirst for some rivalry!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Try pressing buttons and moving the sticks around in the lobby

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Will I be able to preload Splatoon 2 or do I have to wait until 12:01 am Friday to buy it digitally?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I appreciate that the single player lets you find out which weapon is the worst to use in each level.

it's almost always the roller

Edit: I assume that beating every level with a specific weapon unlocks it at Sheldon's shop, yeah?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What's the name of the song with the funky bass scales, that one is my favorite.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How do I unlock the amiibo equipment? Right now they only let me save my load out.

Also I can't find the name of that turf war song with the funky bass scales and it's making me mad!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

pichupal posted:

Should be Level 1 for headgear, Level 6 for Main Body, Level 9 for Shoes in regards to the Amiibo outfits. Not sure if Callie and Marie are the same.

Do you have to save your loadout to get the option to get gear?

Also, the alternate colored Splatoon amiibo do the same thing as the regular ones, right?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It's this song, the best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOISYfESSl8

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I think abilities worked so that you could stack one main ability and up to three sub-abilities of any one type i.e. Have Ink Saver (main) as a main ability and as three sub abilities for maximum effect. That's why in the first game people would re-roll the abilities on gear until they would have four of the same ability on one piece.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

CodfishCartographer posted:

This is how it worked in the first game, no clue if it still works here:

3 small abilities = 1 main ability. Abilities stack, but have diminishing returns. You can stack 3 main abilities' worth before they stop stacking.

So in theory you can have 3 of the same main ability, and then 9 of a different sub ability. Then you'd have the max effectiveness for those two abilities.

Some abilities are obviously not stackable, like ninja squid (which removes the splash when swimming through ink). However, those abilities will generally only be available on specific gear slots. If ninja squid is available on a shirt, you'll never see it on shoes, for example. Stackable abilities will appear on whatever, though.

Finally, the manufacturer of a piece of clothing determines what sub abilities it can roll. Each manufacturer has one sub ability it favors, which is more likely to be rolled. Each also has one that it dislikes, which has a lower chance to be rolled.

Again, this is all based on the first game. Stands to reason that it applies here too, but no guarantees.

You can get Ink Resistance Up as a sub-ability on any gear now, not just as a main ability on Shoes like in the first game, so I think they might have changed it for other abilities as well.

Edit: ARMS is good, not as good as Splatoon though

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kaubocks posted:

i played two rounds in the test punch and never wanted to touch the game again

ARMS more like rear end (because that's how it controls)

I've played it quite a bit more, and the controls are good. You can use a Pro Controller if you don't like the motion controls, but afaik the general consensus is that the motion controls are better. It has a learning curve for sure, but once it clicks it is pretty fun. It needs to be balanced though, the light characters are significantly better than the heavies.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

a7m2 posted:

How do I not suck rear end at this game? I've only been playing turf wars but I lose almost every game. I usually get the second place or so points wise but all these Japanese dudes just steamroll me every time

Run away and focus more on inking. Do not engage unless you have a tactical advantage. Try to sneak around enemies and get them from the side or behind.

Edit: also pick a weapon and stick with it. Learn its advantages and weaknesses ie the Aerospray can Ink a lot of ground quickly but in short range and almost always loses in firefights.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 30, 2017

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I can't believe how many times I've narrowly won turf war matches because the other team left huge chunks of their base blank. INK YOUR drat BASE! BLANK GROUND GIVES YOU MORE POINTS!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled with this weapon set. Had two games in a row where our team wiped in the first round because it was high tide and at night. Holy poo poo, if you have the glowflies and the splatterscope you can do nothing but run

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When are they gonna bring back my go-to weapon from the first game, the Jet Squiffer????

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rexroom posted:

The Jet... Squiffer? Oh, you mean the regular Squiffer. Eh, I guess it'll come back at one point. They did bring the Dual Squelcher back, although modified.

I meant the New Squiffer, or whatever. I was confusing the name with Jet Squelcher!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In Training posted:

The last time you played turf war probably

I was playing matches with an Aerospray-user who kept getting <500 points each match and I just couldn't understand how someone could be that bad

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's how Splatfest works;

First off, you will know when it starts; That bright sunny afternoon will turn into a thumping late-night party with fireworks and Off The Hook performing a song on a rooftop stage. All the levels are also early-evening variants, incidentally.

Ranked Mode and Salmon Run are suspended. It's all Turf War for the next 24 hours, with both wins and loses gradually increasing your Splatfest Rank. This works like Salmon Run's ranks, starting at [TOPIC CHOICE] Fanboy through to King/Queen. All the graffiti and artwork is also exclusively Splatfest-focused ones.

The final score is based on three categories; Popularity, Individual Wins, League Wins (ie; the premade teams). Winning each category is worth a point for that faction, so it's still possible for one side to sweep through with wins even if they weren't the popular one.

Sometimes you'll wind up facing your own faction because of player numbers. Win/lose isn't recorded for the Splatfest at-large, it's basically just a fun bit of Turf War so you're not sitting around hoping for a match against the vile forces of the other faction.

Finally; The Mayo-loving freaks are going to drown in blood...coloured ink as the majestic, and devilishly handsome, Ketchup Army claims victory over you pitiful weaklings :colbert:.

Those matches vs your own side are worthwhile though, since you still earn points toward your rank. Higher rank means more snails.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Somebody said XP tickets are worthless, why is that? I heard the 1.5x ones double your exp for ten round then you get normal exp for ten rounds, averaging 1.5x. Which is weird I guess.

Edit: if you buy all the upgrades in single player, you can get meal tickets every 1500 eggs. So I guess if you want to get all the Hero Replica weapons you will get some tickets out of it, too.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What does your (team) power do again? I don't remember. Does it make your wins worth more or something?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I keep getting matched against Mayo teams that are like 100 power more than mine and getting wrecked because my teammates are incompetent. Extremely frustrating!!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kaubocks posted:

at the risk of tooting my own horn (:toot:) what's the general range on splatfest power?

i wanna know how high up the chain i am

I'm hovering around 1850 Ketchup Power

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The best teammates are the ones who booyah early and booyah often. It's messed up when your teammates don't booyah when you do!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Deleter posted:

I've been winning most of my ketchup vs mayo matches, so I feel good about my personal contribution anyway. The N-Zap is pretty good. lovely Station feels weird right now but I hope upcoming changes will sort it out - moving platforms aren't a bad concept.

When should I scrub my Splatfest shirt? Whenever it's full?

Don't bother scrubbing it unless you don't like its abilities. It'll be gone at the end of Splatfest, anyway.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SeANMcBAY posted:

:yeah:

I notice my teams always win if we all booyah at the start.

That's exactly why you should scrub it though. Plus it's super cheap to scrub Splatfest shirts.

Oh, do you get coupons for scrubbing it? Then yeah, do it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In Training posted:

No you get chunks, not coupons

That's what I meant. Cool, wish I had known that earlier!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

raditts posted:

I like shifty stage but Moray Towers is the worst stage in both games and I don't know why they chose that one out of all the Splatoon 1 stages to carry over.

Bluefin Depot and Walleye Warehouse were way worse than Moray Towers!!!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm at a .5 win ratio against Team Mayo, wish I could contribute more to the cause but alas :negative:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kaubocks posted:

shifty station is ok but gives me kelp dome vibes of "big stage where in turf war you often spend a lot of time running around aimlessly never seeing an enemy"

I haven't had that happen yet, thankfully. I've found it to be pretty fiercely competitive with a lot of good space for shootouts

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My wife is team mayo and has gone like 8-2 so far and I'm honestly not surprised because a) she's better than me at Splatoon and b) the teammates I had when playing earlier on team Ketchup were mostly terrible.

Ketchup is gonna win popularity but mayo is going to wreck them in wins.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My wife got to Mayo Queen in like, two hours with a max power of like 2250 :psyduck: I couldn't even break 1900. I think she lost maybe five matches the whole time before losing her last three. She's good.

I hope team Ketchup wins team battles so we can win it all! I don't think we are gonna win on regular battles.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Frankston posted:

Lol how did NiggerGee get past the name filter Nintendo??

My wife played with someone named AnalQueen last night

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh wait, here are more specific stats on Last Ditch Effort. It got buffed considerably from Splatoon 1. They're rough estimates, though.

Main weapon: 25% less ink (can use for 33% longer)
Sub weapon: 15-17% less ink (can use for 17-20% longer)
Ink recovery rate: ~33-40% faster (can recover ink in ~70-75% of the time)

Also, these stack fully with both Ink Saver abilities and Ink Recovery up. They're separate multipliers applied on top, meaning that they don't suffer from diminishing returns. Have fun.

Gonna have to get me some Tinted Shades.

My shoes have Ink Saver Main and I wouldn't mind also having Ink Recovery up on my shirt.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sam Faust posted:

Any opinions on the baller. Sometimes I'll switch to the luna blaster, but I'm really not sure how I should be using the special.

Somebody just snuck up behind my wife in the baller and exploded before she could get away. I think it could be really useful for that. You can also use it to get deep into enemy territory while also inking an escape route?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How do u keep getting teamed up with terrible chargers and aerosprays who manage to get <600 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Bill Barber posted:

Confirmation bias. No one ever posts about how awesome their team was.

I meant to say how do I but anyway

I have had some awesome teams that worked well together and/or booyah'd a lot but they are few and far between.

Edit: I have really only used the regular Splattershot/Hero Shot Replica in Turf Wars because I refuse to use an Aerospray or Tri-Slosher like all the filthy casuals. But seriously, I haven't found another weapon that I have really liked. I tried the Dual Squelchers but I lost like five in a row and gave up.