Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tonight's Best Match Will Be:
This poll is closed.
Brock vs Joe 25 27.78%
Roman vs Braun 15 16.67%
Seth vs Bray 1 1.11%
Alexa vs Sasha 10 11.11%
Iron Man Tag Match 9 10.00%
Enzo vs Big Cass 7 7.78%
The Miz vs Ambrose 3 3.33%
Neville vs Tozawa 20 22.22%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I like that Miz only has two opponents to name because he's been in such an endless loop of Dean matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

the miz is so good on these shows

and axel must have learned from him because he did great too

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I like Curtis "Menswear" Axel

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That was the last great solo match Brock had except MAYBE the Taker HIAC.

Ehhhh, SummerSlam '14 was great in its time (it's been diluted fairly heavily since) and WM 31 was good.

Miz, Bo and Axeman were really good in that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Solid show, wonderful thread, thanks guys :)

Only two weeks till Battleground.... :cripes:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Nope. People overrate Brock/Heyman and underrate Roman, though they both have many of the same issues.

Roman's a solid wrestler at WWE style but he's so terrible at the babyface role they've put him in he actively makes me not want to watch the show week to week.

Brock holding the belt and only wrestling once every few months is dumb as hell and he needs to drop it soon, but he doesn't make me cringe on a weekly basis like Roman's character does.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
They were going to have Brock on but he's already on his rocket tractor back to Canada

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

CubsWoo posted:

They were going to have Brock on but he's already on his rocket tractor back to Canada

I hear he just straps it to his wrist and throws it towards Saskatchewan, like Thor's hammer in the old-school comics.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Bray Hollywood and Dad Perfect, the miztourage

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Only two weeks till Battleground.... :cripes:

That's why everyone's overrating this show, they know the Punjabi Prison match will easily be the worst match of either card and make all of these look like classics in comparison

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Brock is good and one of the few draws

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I thought the show wasn't great up until Roman happened. I am much more interested in Raw than I have been in months just to see how they make this out to be a virtuous action

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Roman's a solid wrestler at WWE style but he's so terrible at the babyface role they've put him in he actively makes me not want to watch the show week to week.

Brock holding the belt and only wrestling once every few months is dumb as hell and he needs to drop it soon, but he doesn't make me cringe on a weekly basis like Roman's character does.

That's only BECAUSE Brock rarely shows up. Here's the thing. Roman is arguably bad for the product, but Brock, who has been poo poo largely because he doesn't care and admittedly because The Ballad of Brock and Roman hasn't finished to Vince's satisfaction yet, is holding half of the entire product hostage and weighing it down. Raw, in essence, has no top title.

I can't wait for Brock to vanish forever.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm kinda new to wrestling in general so I still don't entirely get the hate for Roman, all I've seen of him (mostly the strowman feud) has been pretty fantastic.

Lesnar on the other hand put on a premature ejaculation of a match that killed all the excitement that Joe and Heyman built up for me, has a lazy moveset that mostly consists of two moves, is apparently mostly absent from the day to day stuff, and can't really sell his beast gimmick without heyman. gently caress that guy.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That's going to be summerslam if they have any loving sense

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but i don't think they have any intention of pushing enzo in any way

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

brock is bad. hes big zeke with germans instead of scoop slams

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

I'm kinda new to wrestling in general so I still don't entirely get the hate for Roman, all I've seen of him (mostly the strowman feud) has been pretty fantastic.

Lesnar on the other hand put on a premature ejaculation of a match that killed all the excitement that Joe and Heyman built up for me, has a lazy moveset that mostly consists of two moves, is apparently mostly absent from the day to day stuff, and can't really sell his beast gimmick without heyman. gently caress that guy.

The Strowman feud is a rarity where Roman is allowed to look weak.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

tweet my meat posted:

the hate for reigns largely stems from him being pushed into the spotlight a bit before he was ready (particularly on promos) instead of people the fans would rather have seen pushed like daniel bryan before he was forced into retirement. he's been doing really good in-ring work for a while now and has improved a lot on promos but people will still stick to their guns on hating him irrationally.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here's the thing I don't get about those defending Brock. Do you guys not realize that he only exists as a monster to put Roman over? I'd be much more forgiving if there was a CHANCE that anyone other than Roman would beat hm. It should've been Joe. Plain and simple. They shoulda just pulled the trigger. You'd have made a new star, it would've worked, and the crowd would've loved it.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
what we definitely need to do is overexpose more wrestlers

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's only BECAUSE Brock rarely shows up. Here's the thing. Roman is arguably bad for the product, but Brock, who has been poo poo largely because he doesn't care and admittedly because The Ballad of Brock and Roman hasn't finished to Vince's satisfaction yet, is holding half of the entire product hostage and weighing it down. Raw, in essence, has no top title.

I can't wait for Brock to vanish forever.

Here's the ultimate problem: Brock is very good at what WWE (and he, presumably) wants him to do, but what they want him to do is dogshit and bad for the product.

Roman, meanwhile, is terrible at what WWE wants him to do and what they want him to do is dogshit and also bad for the product.

Lesnar has at least the potential to be great, and we see flashes of it whenever he decides to do something that isn't a german suplex. There is always the chance that at least something cool might happen in a Brock match.

Roman is always going to be Roman. There's no upside. There's no potential. It's shameful backs all the way down. Any unpredictable cool spot ain't coming from Roman.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Here's the thing I don't get about those defending Brock. Do you guys not realize that he only exists as a monster to put Roman over? I'd be much more forgiving if there was a CHANCE that anyone other than Roman would beat hm. It should've been Joe. Plain and simple. They shoulda just pulled the trigger. You'd have made a new star, it would've worked, and the crowd would've loved it.

Jinder will unify the belts

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Let's all just stop saying "here's the thing"

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wrong. It should be Braun.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

the fact of the matter is

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

shiksa posted:

goldust and r truth arent tonight?

well that sucks

why am i even watch this fucken pay-per-view

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Here's the thing I don't get about those defending Brock. Do you guys not realize that he only exists as a monster to put Roman over?

This is another knock against Roman and not one against Brock, so your argument is sorta failing here.

KirbyJ
Oct 30, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

here's the thing

no

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
brock left, won legit gold, and actually came back, so of course vince bends over backwards for him. if there's one thing to learn, abuse vince's abandonment issues and you'll get the best deal in the world.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

The thing is is

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Well you know lets part the kimono for a bit and I want to say that I think Joe wasn't buried mainly because how could he lock in the clutch when he had to deal with Brock's natural sweat defense response?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

The entire company exists as a vehicle to put Roman over, a strategy that only works when a universally loved face (Hogan, Austin to a lesser extent since he had Rock and etc. at or nearly at his level) is at the top of the card.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

brock left, won legit gold, and actually came back, so of course vince bends over backwards for him. if there's one thing to learn, abuse vince's abandonment issues and you'll get the best deal in the world.

The UFC heavyweight division isn't really legit.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Aphrodite posted:

as opposed to

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Aphrodite posted:

its legitimately bad!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

as opposed to

An actual gold medal I guess?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what a good show

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Basic Chunnel posted:

THE TRUTH IS, YOU PEOPLE...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CubsWoo posted:

The entire company exists as a vehicle to put Roman over, a strategy that only works when a universally loved face (Hogan, Austin to a lesser extent since he had Rock and etc. at or nearly at his level) is at the top of the card.

They put Braun over massively tonight OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So I'd have to say the highlights for me were the ambulance match, the iron man match, and the women's championship match. All 3 were pretty fantastic and had good endings.

• Locked thread