Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Overbite posted:

Pro tip for all you new switch owners: it has terrible on board wifi. Real bad.

Mine has been perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

E-Money posted:

Is there a secret to playing zelda in handheld mode comfortably? I was really excited about playing handheld but am really struggling with the joycons. Especially on the right side. Everything feels out of place and i have to do a claw grip to get everything to work. Already switched jump/sprint controls. Maybe my baby sensitive hands are just spoiled by PS4/Xbone/Pro controllers but it's been really uncomfortable. I think it would be fine for other games but it just feels like an awkward stretch.

Never bothered me at all, and I come from playing Xbone/PS4.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The pro controller is so much better than using the joycons. It's a must.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ormy posted:

Why? I love the joycons; being able to do whatever with my hands is great.

I have big hands so it was really annoying using the tiny joycons with the nearly microscopic buttons. Also, I mostly play Xbox, so the pro controller being almost exactly the same size felt good. It felt like going from a cheap 3rd party controller to a real one.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Watch out guys we have a detective ITT

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

how many if these arent ports and actually look interesting

Zelda, Splatoon 2, Mario x Rabbids, Pokemon, and Mario Odyssey imo

Which alone, is an awesome launch year lineup

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Every interaction I have had with Uplay was a pain in the rear end. I don't care about getting a new color shoes for my video game character, so I'd rather not have to deal with Uplay's bullshit.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mario XCOM is almost here! I am very excite.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've never played a JackBox game before. Should I get #1 or #2? Both? Neither?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are the Jackbox games fun for 2 people or do you need a bunch of people to enjoy it?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EightFlyingCars posted:

I'd argue you need at least five people for them to work, unfortunately.

Is there online play? Like can me and my girlfriend join a game online and get put in a game with 3 other people?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So if I don't have friends who own the game I can only play with whoever is at my house at the time? Why :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's worth $100. Just get it. You will love it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm getting very excited for Mario RPG 2.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

Zelda's Master Sword is still breakable even after the DLC.

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So wait there's really no online for Rabbids?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Why would there be?

Because a game with co-op should let you play co-op online?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beastie posted:

To be honest I'd rather have couch co-op for Mario + Rabbids than online.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 24, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beastie posted:

I was under the impression the SNES Classic wasn't out for a few weeks.

You'd be correct. The above poster should be executed for his ignorance, imo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

upsetting that Golf Story isn't in that reel, unless like Stardew it's right around the corner

The Golf Story trailer that just came out says "Summer 2017", so I assume it's coming soon.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's literally a giant sign above every store telling you they have the "Best Buy". This is not debatable.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The translucent shells look terrible.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Louisgod posted:

In what universe does dabbing not mean using chewing tobacco or loving

Using chewing tobacco is referred to as dipping my friend.

I supposed it could be used to refer to loving as well.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 2, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wasn't the Direct supposed to be at 3pm?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

PST, 2.5 hours from now

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Frankston posted:

Does Mario x Rabbids have ridiculous poo poo like "whoops you just missed two 90% shots in a row and now your team is gonna get hosed up thanks for playing"

There's only 3 tiers of % chance to hit. 0%, 50%, and 100%. So the worst that can happen is you get unlucky and miss a few 50% shots in a row.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chernabog posted:

There are some characters I didn't use at all because I couldn't afford up-to-date weapons for all of them so I just settled with the team I liked (both Luigis). Now that I finished the game and have lots of gold I might check them out.

Huh? The game showers you in gold. I've always bought the best weapon for every single character, the moment they were available, and I think I have like 15,000 gold right now at the beginning of world 4.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My apologies, officer spit on my clit.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What time will GOTY Golf Story be available in the good ole US of A?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nintendo.com shows Golf Story as available but it's not on the E shop on my switch! Woe is me. Golf Story when?!?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Played about 45 mins of Golf Story at lunch.

It's really charming. I can't wait to play more. Controls are super easy to learn, and it seems like a lot of fun. :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Raserys posted:

Where at

In yo butt

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Getting real tired of Golf Story freezing/crashing. Just had a nearly perfect round and it froze mid swing on the last hole...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I keep getting my neighbor's bare rear end.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Impermanent posted:

Speaking of towers, the Arrakat tower and the one in water surrounded by lightning wizards can both eat a bag of dicks. Holy poo poo. I think I was under-leveled for them but I pushed through anyway with judicious use of the ice rune and slamming through my arrow supply. I'm not even sure how you're supposed to kill the helicopter ganon machines.

You can just ignore enemies like this while you're under powered. You CAN kill them, but more often than not it's not worth the effort.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Signor posted:

So with the Snes classic i just finished Megaman X for the 20th time and i'm craving more, is the Gunvolt series on Switch going to give me that same feeling?

Have you played Cuphead? I heard that's similar to Megaman.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Page 420...

Nice

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Golf Story

I'm at Lurker Valley. I've rescued the baby turtles and made friends with the big turtle. Completed the kiddie course as well as whatever side quests I could find. Where do I find a shovel? And how do I find/return the idol? I've searched everywhere and can't figure it out. Help!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

It's actually the sand wedge you need, from the pro shop. I think you have to have it equipped when talking to that dude.

Duh! Thank you :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ragequit posted:

Are you hitting Y again and changing the contact point of the ball (red dot) somewhere else other than the middle? You can get extra loft that way which would make the wind have greater effect, or top it to keep it lower to the ground.

You have to hit X to affect the contact point, no?

• Locked thread