Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
At this point I'm basically just waiting to see if there's an Odyssey bundle/recolor before buying the console.

Does anyone remember how long before release the Splatoon 2 console bundle got announced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Golashes posted:

I'll put it in spoilers just in case. there isn't much to spoil

Does the first boss fight actually take over an hour like the devs claimed on the announce stream?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I kinda wanna know what the embargo for Rabbids + Mario is. I'm getting FINAL BOSS videos from places I assume have review copies and places like Gamexplain went on a huge binge of videos the other day showing various bosses off.

Yet no one is allowed to show review for some reason?

Embargoes have gotten crazy recently; you just don't hear about it often because one of the terms is always "don't talk about the embargo". It's completely normal these days for the conditions on getting a game early to be things like "You may post three hours of video, but no one video may be longer than half an hour. You may not release screenshots of Regular Luigi or Rabbid Yoshi, but they may appear in videos. Videos cannot include Regular Yoshi or any stages containing lava. You can describe the game as you play it, but this cannot be a review and you may only speak for 15 minutes on one video. You may not impersonate Charles Martinet in any coverage."

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Policenaut posted:

There's always a big window of opportunity for indie games whenever a new system launches, usually because of a lack of big AAA games. PS4 did the exact same thing for the first couple years where it was The indie gaming system and then it started getting its AAA games and now Octodad isn't on E3 stages anymore. Gotta get 'em before it's too late I guess!

I think the lack of prominent indie games in the last couple of Sony keynotes is more because of No Man's Sky's moment in the spotlight.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Click if you like rhythm games like VOEZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mz3MUL_VEs

I loved Deemo's art style but the actual game was one of the dullest and driest rhythm games I've ever played. Hopefully they at least port Cytus next. In other words,

Modus Pwnens posted:

Just give me Ouendan 3 already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think I might take a day off for Mario. I'm excited.

If it really has as many moons as BotW has Korok seeds you'll need to quit your job and play Mario full time. That's my plan, certainly.

• Locked thread