Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

the truth posted:

Getting Splatoon 2 digital because I want to be able to load it up whenever I want.

:same:

I missed out on the first one but goddamn I can't wait to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I like the Joycons a lot in tablet mode and spent the bulk of my 120~ hours of BotW on it. Outside of that, the dog ear controller thing is awful and made my hands cramp constantly, while the pro controller is drat near perfect.

The Switch is pretty neat.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If they came out with good individual Joycon grips that are better than the awful ones the Switch came with, like a Joycon Pro or something, I'd be in heaven.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I already hate having to occasionally swap out Mario Kart for Zelda, I'm probably not gonna buy another physical game unless it's a lengthy single player game like Mario that'll stay in my Switch indefinitely

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dizz posted:

what's gonna be the first bad game for the switch?

Vroom In The Night Sky

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dugong posted:

I tried playing this on a keyboard for a few hours and couldn't make it to the second boss. Is this normal? I loved the concept and style of the game but I sucked at it.

I believe a more recent patch (or expansion maybe?) made the game a little more forgiving with weapon and keys being easier to get, but yeah its supposed to be tough at first

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I really hope all the characters are optional because if so I'm going to bench the Rabbids and not look back

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Please let me buy Paper Mario on my dead gay Nintendo tablet, I want to overpay for a 20 year old game I've already owned and beat several times on different consoles

Let me waste my money, Nintendo

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Jade Mage posted:

What's that make Waluigi? The stage hand/athlete who really wants to be an actor?

Luigi's perpetual gently caress-up older cousin that Luigi's family guilted into giving a menial job on-set

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

This is headcanon for me now

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

gently caress Stardew, I want to play whatever this is immediately

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Let me buy this right now

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Stardew x Harry Potter when

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

TheHoosier posted:

Yeah it's more likely to have a weak second year due to being so front-loaded.

They've already announced Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid Prime 4, and a Pokémon game, they might not have another crazy "one AAA game a month" year again but it's looking fairly promising already

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bongo Bill posted:

Please don't play Skyrim

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Soon! In the form of.. Touhou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_fJxUuA6A

It sure as gently caress ain't no Gundam Versus, but it's a start.

Anime was a mistake

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Morby posted:

A sequel could be very good if they learned from their mistakes.

Well Team Bondi went out of business after Rockstar ran them into the ground making LA Noire, so it probably couldn't be worse next time.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Kaubocks posted:

it's like a total clash of game design

This is the impression I got the whole time I played it, a bunch of half-decent game mechanics that dont mesh well under slick AAA presentation. Everything felt like less the sum of its parts.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Paper Mario? Not soon enough.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

baram. posted:

all the games i want get delayed

All the games I'm most interested in (Stardew Switch and multiplayer, Wargroove, the Harry Potter/Stardew thing) are being made by Chucklefish

It's gonna be a while :negative:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Now would be a perfect time to finish up that Megaman Legends 3 they got on a harddrive somewhere at Capcom (I don't know how game development works) and release it for the Switch

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I want KK Slider to warble at me whenever I turn on my switch

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

:unsmith:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I don't want a new Smash because a Smash 4 DX is the best possible Smash they could have on the Switch, and also because I want Sakurai to put his energy into a new Kid Icarus instead

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

You must be too young to know the 'joy' of blowing in to a nes/snes(/n64?) cart to get it to work and it would work, even though blowing in the nes or carts is actually bad for them due to moisture. :corsair:

You're supposed to blow through your shirt to filter it, my dude

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Reggie says they over-prepared for the Switch launch, but it still wasn't enough

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

whaley posted:

I have a really good feeling Mario will run like a dream. I don't think they had nearly as much time to optimize Zelda as they've had for Mario Odyssey so it's no good to expect similar performance out of them. Especially since Mario is never very resource heavy.

I'm trying to go in blind so I've been avoiding watching too much gameplay footage, but isn't there plenty of gameplay shown so far? What little I've seen seems pretty solid 60fps.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Golf story is goaty

Are you actually playing it or just fun posting again

Because if you are, details please

e I thought it came out today, nm

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is why I love Nintendo games most. They aren't perfect but most of their sequels just have a completely different feel while the usual AAA game is just "This Game Again but with Better Graphics 4".

It was funny when someone in this thread thought the Switch would be DOA because Ubisoft or whoever said they had no plans to bring their generic yearly rehash games to it

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Alan_Shore posted:

Playing Splatoon portable is suicide.

Why couldn't they have just put Zelda-like controls in Splatoon? Aiming in that game is so easy and intuitive, I can pick Bokoblins off on horseback consistently, but in Splatoon handheld the camera is never where I want it to be.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm trying very hard not to impulse buy games anymore and you guys are making it very hard for me

It's not THAT good, is it?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

overdesigned posted:

Flour vs. Corn tortillas is the true question.

If anyone prefers flour I think less of them as a person

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, this is what I want. I'd be pissed if we got two MKs on Switch before a new F-Zero.

Even though Nintendo have never released two different Mario Karts on the same system before (excluding VC), I still that would be more likely than a new F-Zero

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

:smuggo: The Switch is gonna be DOA, what games will it have besides Zelda?

*The Switch has one of the best launch years of arguably any console ever"

:smuggo: Ok but what about the next year? I hope they didn't put all of their eggs in one basket.

*The Switch already has several 1st party games in the works, not including indies and multiplats*

:smuggo: Ok but what about

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I like the simplicity of Horrible Goose, it sums up the premise of you just being an obnoxious rear end in a top hat goose

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Modus Pwnens posted:

Oof, Troll and I is as bad as they say.

Did you actually buy it?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Movement speed is fine, the horse makes it trivial, and the carts and totems even more so

Also drink coffee and eat pepper poppers if it's THAT unbearable

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I agree with some of the criticism towards BotW (underwhelming "dungeons", lack of enemy variety) but the rest of the game is still so good I'd give it a 10/10 still. As amazing as it was, it could set the groundwork for future Zelda's to expand upon

Also I'm glad BotW's weapon degredation takes me out of my comfort zone and doesn't let me safely min/max too much

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Andrast posted:

I think the music in botw is fine but I really didn't like the battle music

Same, the weird disjointed whistling was incredibly jarring at first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Nintendo for the love of good please make a Pro style Joycon grip, the default ones aren't big enough and feel like they're going to break everytime I take them off

• Locked thread