Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendell
May 11, 2003

Infinitum posted:

I'm still in a dream
TAINT REAPERRRRRRrrrrrr

Is that who Videogames was before the name change??? Oh my God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Shovel Knight is better than Blaster Master right? I tried the BM demo and found it charmingly retro and un-charmingly boring as hell.

Way better. Blaster Master has you going between glowing spots on a map with little actual challenge. Shovel Knight is the opposite.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

Imagine only owning grey joycons...

The man behind me in line was very sad when I got the last neon Switch. I felt bad, but I am not about that grey life. :geno:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

poo poo, Jim's right. Now I need white ones for weddings!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Penny Punching Princess has my attention for being weird and different, and Shakedown Hawaii also looks like it has potential.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Canada is extremely large, one store having a bunch (for an undetermined amount of time!) means nothing.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

85% of Canadians live within 70 miles of the American border, and thus have a population density equivalent to the Northeastern United States.

They're just too expensive here, because we haven't forgotten how our currencies used to be at parity only four years ago. Nobody up here except tools and fanboys feels they're worth $399 MSRP, plus tax.

I don't care how dense it is, you seeing some at one store does not represent an entire country.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

checksin posted:

i went to the walmart here and the only thing they had in the switch section was mario kart wii for $79.83

Wow! A sale price

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Bloop posted:

trigger virtue signaling

Please don't say dumb things like this.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I've never used Discord. Wouldn't that also require using your phone? Might as well use the official thing if you've got to use a phone either way.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Drink more water if your pee looks like that.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

mandatory lesbian posted:

tbf to this guy, a lot of poorer people just use apps for texting on phones since you can get a cheapo one for like, 30 bucks without an actual plan

to be unfair to this guy, he definitely has never had to do that

I don't get it. I thought everyone agreed with that guy's sentiment, why was that image even posted?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

deadly_pudding posted:

Also it's a dumb place to lodge that complaint. You're using what's ultimately an issue with the console to justify your lovely review of the companion app.

If the app itself doesn't work as advertised, that's another story.

Nah, that's nonsense.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I won Stardew Valley on Steamgifts, but the walk speed was too slow so I quit quite quickly.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Sega Soccer Slam was a good soccer game!!!! Although it made my friends and I very angry with each other.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That's a lot of times!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

We all agree Dr. Tim is a great man and role model, but try finding your own gimmick.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Electromax posted:

From Software has created the perfect environment for a Faxanadu revival.

But can they sign Olivia Newton John (and Rutger Hauer to make Guy Goodbody happy)?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The 3DS currently has an awesome Kirby remix as the music on their store. Pack it up, Switchailures.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Bill Barber posted:

Sounds like you're really bad at playing video games, actually.

Don't say that about another human being. Show some decency.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, Sonic's biggest weakness was making bad games not being 3D.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

RBI was beloved because it was little fat guys swinging licorice bats, making a realistic looking game with that name is foolish.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Policenaut posted:

Almost 50 minutes of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gameplay from GamesCom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h95c1c13yyQ

"So this sword's spirit is a big dog, this one a giant hamster, and the final a big tittied submissive anime babe."

What year is this?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Don't steal.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I just had a nice medium boneless ribeye steak and green beans sautéed with shallots and garlic. I will now play my Switch. The Switch is good

You stole that steak.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Frankston posted:

I can only think of illegal reasons as to why I would ever use invisibility, therefore as the upstanding citizen I am I would choose flight.

Yeah, invisibility is only for Dr. Tim level criminals. I chose flight.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

Was Code of Princess good?

Not even a little bit.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Drink Milk, Love Life ad campaign would be perfect for the Switch.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I like LEGO mans because it’s super relaxing and has that kind of free flow attitude while also having a direction(Minecraft didn’t, which made me return it). I like to get drunk, lay in the hammock and build some blocks but also race a townsfolk. It’s a bit janky but for 30, it’s great. No troll

Post like this all the time.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Goddamn I still can't believe we actually got more info about Octopath Traveller let alone a DEMO. TODAY. :supaburn:

Yeah, this has made me HAPPY!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

That game didn't look very good

It looks a bit poo poo. I hope it isn't!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Supercar Gautier posted:

Giant tity hotpants babyface girl is absolutely loving creepy.

Your heart is in the right place, but please don't wind endorph up.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Bloodplay it again posted:

Octopath demo is up if you search for demo on the eshop. Don't see it listed anywhere else yet

edit: 689MB download

Thank you, brave hero.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It was always a working title!

I like the name.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The music in Octopath is extremely good.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Lobster posted:

Also, Xenoblade comes out on my birthday. I'm pretty excited because it looks decent, but the stuff about it in the Direct (aka the instruction manual) was lame and boring. I'm hoping I get a good birthday present and not a lovely one.

Mario Odyssey is on my birthday! I WIN.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

DalaranJ posted:

I can't find the Etrian Odyssey demo, eshop just keeps giving my EoU2.

I searched "etrian" and then it was at the end.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I have yet to experience the wonders of HD rumble. They should really put out a demo of 1, 2 Switch, the only game that has actually used it.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Realistically speaking, it just feels like normal rumble to most people. The ice cube game in 1-2 switch on the other hand is very different than normal rumble. This is especially true given the pro controller has "kind of" HD rumble, so I doubt people really feel the benefits of the HD part unless they are like joycon detached in maybe 0.00001 of existing games where the rumble really shows

Yeah, that's all just normal rumble. Mario Kart is normal rumble. Ice cube feel is not normal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The joke isn't that he's looking up her skirt!

• Locked thread