Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Rexroom posted:

Join the queue, pal.

And don't forget to wiggle the joystick while you're in the queue to mess with the music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I can't stop popping up my map instead of jumping. It's the death of my squidkid.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

Looking back over Monolith Soft's spotty and masturbatory track record, I'm beginning to think Xenoblade was the exception and not the rule.
Maaaaaaaaan, I hope Xenoblade 2 proves me wrong. (I loved Xenoblade so much I have the Wii version, 3DS, and the WiiU VC version.)

They've helped with the Zelda games too, though, right? I think they just screwed up with X by portraying your avatar as the main character when it really was Elma, plus wanting to do the multiplayer content as implemented. Those two choices seem like they had serious knock on effects.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I know a lot of people who were sold on Splatoon even as early as the first E3 showing, but were not sold on the Wiiu

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Revelations was good fun on the Wiiu so I'm looking forward to this other one. If you haven't played the first then you should. It's a good successor to RE4.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Monster Hunter XX demo is great. loving Capcom better localize it.:argh:

They eternally have nothing to announce at this time :(

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This year I learned where the broiler was in my oven and how to use it, I had thought for years it was just a storage drawer

Doesn't help that in many ovens that's exactly what it is.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

If they do port FF1-6 it's going to be the god awful 3D versions of 3 and 4, and the FFD garbage looking FF5 and 6 like they did on Steam. Just give us the PSP version of 4 and the GBA versions of 5 and 6 (with SNES music). :smith:

Mini SNES has FF6 at least.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

Just cracked open about 20 Common Cores and with the last one got my first rare Blade - Boreas! :getin:

Boreas is great and has some of the best quotes. He also helps you salvage so bonus money will be coming your way after the initial investment.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Nintendo always wants you to send gifts via their web store for Wiiu and 3ds, maybe switch is the same?

E: guess not, that's stupid

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Xenoblade but instead of switching blades you switch Pokemon

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The Bloop posted:

LOL if you didn't have 4 player Scorched Earth games going on every day, crowded around your Computer Cabinet

Every morning in high school was that

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Not Operator posted:

A Metroid game but you play as a space pirate on a decrepit spaceship. It's stealth survival horror and Samus is the unstoppable monster who hosed up your ship and killed your crew.

I enjoyed Metroid Fusion also and wouldn't mind another like that.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

eonwe posted:

I will do the thing

you're such a good pal YC

Some of your BF buddies are big into monhun also

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Raserys posted:

lmao pachter has been fortelling the doom of Nintendo for more than a decade

I like it when his estimates are a confident claim of one number, or maybe fully 100% more than that number.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The Lobster posted:

True story (and kind of irrelevant) but the day after MH3U came out on Wii U I went to GameStop and there was a used copy already and the sales lady said the guy who traded it in said he had beaten it already. Sure buddy.

Anyway I guess my point is that MH is also not a game you trade in, at least not after one day, unless you suck so bad you have to lie to the sales lady about it.

He beat the addiction. It's possible but takes a lot of counseling and the withdrawal is horrible, it's barely worth the effort vs just living with it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

guppy posted:

Rabbid Mario has his moments when he shines but his AOE damage gets really big and can be hard to manage. Lots of times I couldn't make full use of it without also tagging other teammates. When those moments come it's glorious but I used Luigi a lot more.

You can also respec your tree for free at any time without any skill point loss, to account for these situations if you run into them! This also means: If healing isn't as important as your play evolves you can focus on other abilities for example.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Yoshi has been confirmed to be delayed to 2019 :qq:

This is fine because there are too loving many games right now between Switch and PC/Bone releases.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Housh posted:

That's why I'm not touching that water torture of a demo.

But your progress carries over! Three hours was exactly enough time to do two intro quests, harass some townsfolk, and scurry over to a third party member before saving off there in order to start that once it releases.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Losing geo sucks like that early on but eventually you'll have a charm to make it literally fly after you and you'll passively collect so much while cutting through enemies that it won't seem like a big deal after all.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Hollow Knight got an update, probably just s bug fix

I was hoping they'd add more bugs

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I'm playing this now and the game is brilliant. It also has fast travel (some reviewers couldn't figure this out).

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

My girlfriend ran into a weird octopath bug where her party is 1/4 the size they should appear. It's an army of hobbits accosting townsfolk and stealing from them.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I'm at the point of no return on Xenoblade 2, thinking of finishing so I can do that new game plus, but wondering is there anything I should go ahead and do in chapter 10 first to make sure it carries over, that will be a hassle if I don't do it now?

The main thing I'm worried about is that little Armu over in the first continent that you can feed food to raise it to lvl 99 and make it a unique boss. Will it's level of development keep up with the ng+ or do I really need to make it that unique and kill it first so we get that tombstone?

Poppi parts or quest materials (like the armu foods) are semi important to get in advance because you're locked to natural plot region progression on ng+. This also means knocking out affinity chart tasks to kill endgame area critters should be done now or they revert to ??? tasks. If you have spare overdrives, you could move a couple rare blades over to early-game characters like Nia.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Right, overdrive s limited but I assume there a fresh supply in ng+?

I never used one before, do they keep their affinity when you transfer?

You'll find the same ones over again, yeah (I think the expansion gives you some one-time extras though). They're basically a one time consumable move, versus the character specific infinite move you've already got at this point, so their chart stays the same.

If you unlocked poppibuster, that blade freely moves between owners. Also try unlocking the two battle challenge blades for regular use since they freely move iirc. Nice for early game flexibility.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The Bloop posted:

Question for fellow Octopathers: Does Therion say gently caress THIS when he attacks sometimes?

That's what we hear, and it's great

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Yeah boyeeee, all those Dev levels at 5 now. Did the remaining five areas, which were all three or four star, in about ten minutes through the magic of Buy 40 golden cylinder, sell 40 golden cylinder. It only cost me a couple hundred thousand.

Buying from a Level 5 place is the same as the sell price, so you wouldn't lose any money that way iirc.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The Xenoblade thread has some datamined details but basically ideas correspond to the elements you see in the respective animation and can bias you towards those blades plus give an ongoing elemental damage boost to the tune of a few percent.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Bombs are the primary lumberjack tool actually

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Hey so I hosed up in hollow knight by beating the troupe too early, any way to get all the better charms now?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Lemming posted:

They would be crazy not to be thinking about VR at all, but they'd also be crazy to be angling to make the Switch their VR device

Feasible it's an os/feature being tried on altogether different hardware.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Does it come out tonight or tomorrow sometime?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Well I'm seeing mixed reports, either 11pm CST or tomorrow at noon

If the latter then gently caress it, guess it doesn't matter either way. I can always play more dead cells

Noon tomorrow isn't too bad, I know somebody who had a bad day and this would really be a great surprise even then.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

The brand new smash bros pokemon rep, Spearow Agnew.

Spearow Axew more like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Such catchy music, too.

• Locked thread