Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

Cute Girls Doing Lie Things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

esselfortium posted:

The premiere was both fantastically stylish and fantastically stupid. I loved it.

I really loving loved the Gravity Rush poo poo in that first action sequence. I hope there's a lot of that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It took a bit longer than it probably should've for me to catch on that the whole episode was a flashback, but yeah, I enjoyed it. Curious to see how things progress from here.

Does Princess actually care about the order of succession, I wonder, or was she just bullshitting an excuse to work with her old friend?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Her old friend THAT IS ACTUALLY THE PRINCESS.

Oh wait did I miss that

Oops

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah. Still not sure whether the show's building to anything I'll find all that memorable, but the journey itself is a lot of fun so far.

Homura and Sickle posted:

Alice - Saved by princess as a child, unending devotion to her according to the promotional materials. Didn't receive much characterization in the premiere but I expect her to shout daisuki at some point.

Also that didn't take long

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 23, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

She loves the princess a lot and tries very very hard, please understand

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is it really betraying her country if her girlfriend will soon be head of the country? In a way it could be betraying for the country.

To be fair, it's not yet clear that Princess gives a flying poo poo about the country so much as she cares about not being separated from Ange.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Sweet, if they're skipping 6 cases that means we'll get to Chise joining the gang quicker.

I'd be pretty surprised if Chise doesn't at least get introduced in this ep.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Naturally the first week I really start looking forward to this is the first week that Amazon just straight up forgets to release on time. :smith:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I kind of hope it's all chronological order from here. So far we've only gone backwards from episode 1 (case 13) to episode 2 (case 1) and then just gone straight forwards aside from skipping over some cases.

Definitely hope case 13 isn't chronologically the lest episode we get, because it doesn't look like anything earth-shaking has happened by then.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Isn't this show two cour?

Everywhere I've looked says one.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:yeah:

Ange turning her voicebox off is a hosed up thing to do to a person tho

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Command Ant posted:

This may not have been Chise's introduction episode

I feel like it kind of was, though? At least I hope they don't go back and do a more formal introduction for her. We got everything we really need from her in this ep - we know basically why she's here, we got some good time to play with her character, she had some good action scenes - seems good to me.

Also this is mean as hell but I kind of want there to be a gag where Beatrice is about to confess her love to Charlotte or something and Ange gets jealous and mutes her.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

where did you see that? myanimelist has it as "unknown" number of episodes and when i've checked other airing shows in the past they've pretty much always known the exact number of episodes itd run for. i cant find any other information about it being 1 cour/ cour or 13 eps or what

The Sakuga Blog guy, mostly. Feel like I've seen 1 cour floating around somewhere else too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

couldn't find any mention of princess principal on sakuga blog aside from the summer preview column :shrug:

i'm hopin its 2 cours or, less optimal, planning 2 season run

I asked him directly on twitter.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hmmmm. I really really hope case 13 isn't chronologically the last episode, because it sure didn't look like any of the show's big deals were dealt with by then.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

What if it continues from Case 13, and Ange + Princess use the route prepared for the guy and his sister to get past the wall?

poo poo this actually makes a lot of sense. Though Princess would presumably need to give up on murdering/spying her way to the top by then.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Flower posted:

pain pain fly away

Can somebody do that for Beato's neck please? :ohdear:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

(Beatrice totally has a hidden agenda, pulling out a derringer and blasting away).

Not that there's no way Beato turns coat or something later on, but uh I don't think she's been terribly subtle or hidden about her desire to protect Princess.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Please stop bullying Beato

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/pripri_anime/status/895844868555120640

It's becoming unclear whether Princess is actually gunning for the throne or just assembling a harem of cute spy girlfriends.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

I really like this show but I'm finding it increasingly hard to suspend my disbelief that their enemies haven't figured out who they are yet.

I'm pretty sure the show stopped expecting us to think too hard about the actual spycraft angle around the time they actually used the "two children stacked on top of eachother inside a trenchcoat" gambit with a straight face :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Beato just wants to fit in

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

They haven't been discovered yet because it's not yet dramatically appropriate for them to do so. There I solved it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Have we run into any commies or anarchists in this show?

Nope. It's been all Gilded Age Capitalists, Shoguns, Victorian Queens, Galactic Imperial Commanders, and lesbians.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Those jerks made Beato do all the heavy lifting when they serviced the machines. :argh:

Fun episode, though I'm hoping we shift into more of an overarching plotline soon, getting a bit bored of one-off eps. Delinquent!Ange was extremely good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Beato with the almighty :D

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm glad your wish that Princess Principal would be good came true

Let's just not jinx it before we're done.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That title though....:ohdear:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ange and Princess are very powerful and I hope they change the world together as benevolent tyrant queens

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Chise is indeed good, and this ep was nice, but it feels like a bit of a non-sequitor for how late into the show we are. Starting to get a little concerned about whether we're going to have enough time for a good ending.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

L-O-N posted:

Can Beatrice talk without the voice changer? :confused:

The voice changer is embedded into her larynx, so...no?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Don't kill 'em all don't kill 'em all don't kill 'em all don't kill 'em all :pray:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Today's episode was loving great and I'm really excited to see how they finish things off next week.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

I believe in Beato.

:yeah:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Everything I've heard is that next week is the finale.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Very pleased with that ending. Recontextualized "The Fall Of The Wall" wonderfully at the end.

This show definitely wound up being the surprise of my season. Strong production values, a well-used setting, an engaging cast powered by nicely nuanced character writing, entertainingly implausible espionage antics - good poo poo. An easy A grade, IMO.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm glad

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Now I'm sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That's a very pretty house in Casablanca :3:

• Locked thread