Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Numberhumor - Brownblocks The Craft-Mines

Welcome to the second attempt at a succession fort with an imp twist. Prequel: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814720

Last time we used Masterwork 1.23. It was busted as hell and made it hard to continue. Now we're using 64 bit vanilla, which is much better.

---

It's the year 300, the world is nearly dominated by goblins.

---

Oh no... a goblin rules our civilization, the only dwarf civ left. trust no one.

---

---

We got a new look. Using the Spacefox graphics pack, which is cleaner and really nice.

---

To make this thread a bit more readable, I'm going with the boatmurdered method. Organizing updates by the month, journal style to cover what happens.
ok cool. please dont post whilst've I get reserved spaces. BROWN BRICKS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Succ list
  • Average Bear
  • Extremely steampunk
  • GorfZaplen
  • frank.club
  • Bad Munki

Dwarfing List
  • Average Bear
  • Bobnumerotres
  • Wormskull=Big Billy gently caress Bass
  • Hormel Chili
  • Skylark (first female migrant)
  • MasterAss
  • BN03
  • extremely steampunk
  • Fuubi (miner)
  • Bolverkur (venom 'punished' woodcutter)
  • Addamere (soldier who gives bad advice)
  • Evil Fluffy (molested dwarf)
  • Halloween Jack (soldier)
  • GorfZaplen (cook)
  • Subjunctive (whatever)
  • Epsilon Moonshade (artisan/craftdwarf)
  • trying to jack off (god tier dwarf)
  • ArfJason (dwarf that wants to help, but can't remember how)
  • GeneX
  • Munchables (broken smith)
  • Tax Refund (bookkeeper or anything)
  • Jerkops (beekeeper)
  • rediscover (yellow skinned, disabled rap dwarf)
  • POOL IS CLOSED (Brewer)
  • Subjunctive (fisher)
  • tweet my meat
  • Camoes (military)

bolded are the origianl chad 7.

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 31, 2017

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
REQUIRED LISTENING: https://soundcloud.com/simonswerwer

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 13, 2017

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'll take a dwarfing. Fuubi, the miner, at your service.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Please, make me kill again for the glory of the fort.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
[extremely Kaspar Hauser] I want to be a soldier like my father.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I want to be a cook please

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It is my destiny, I believe, to be a craftsperson of questionable utility, or a mediocre soldier.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'll take a dwarfing, military or crafting either way it'll end in puke and death I'm sure.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please make me a dwarf in the military and also limit the military to the lowest possible armor and weapon metal Available To Us for example copper or iron and definitely keep us the hell away from steel or adamantine because those are boring and worthless and not any good or fun for anything or anyone thank you and God bless

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fort Number Two huh? LMFAO! It's a turd from my tremendous, rancid rear end! Make a throwback fort, clowns... Pre-Z update... That's the good poo poo mateys.

Wormskull

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Yes! I cant wait. Spacefox is my favorite tileset too. Put me on the list for succession again please, if you will. I am ready!!

also you can rename my CHad dwarf to Jerkops unless you're not into the whole brevity thing

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uh... You know I was one of the original Chad 7 right? Me and 6 other guys.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Uh... You know I was one of the original Chad 7 right? Me and 6 other guys.

That was BBG's fort.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

That was BBG's fort.

Who?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Average Bear posted:

That was BBG's fort.

and then the dwarf business briefly. Chad for BBG, let's play fort. ...bunch of assholes

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Fair point... I'll update it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'd take BBG's place but I don't really PC game as much at this point...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'd take BBG's place but I don't really PC game as much at this point...

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell the guy's dead. Killed by a Kiwi Farms creep that was infiltrated into his discord, by the name of Big Billy gently caress Bass.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually if it's possible, name a dwarf after Big Billy gently caress Bass instead of me.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Actually if it's possible, name a dwarf after Big Billy gently caress Bass instead of me.

Done.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

The Seven Chads have made it. After the uhhhhh fire destroyed their previous home of The Factory of Laughs, the group set out to strike new land. Their fellowship, Brownblocks the Craft-Mines, are looking to have the most fun you can possibly have digging a fort. Led by the extremely normal Average Bear, they stop at their destination: a haunted plain literally steps away from an abandoned fort massacred by a forgotten beast. Some say it took a special kind of loving retard to come here. I say it takes a brave man. Let's look at our situation.

---

Starting dwarves: 6 miners and 1 woodcutter.
Some say the one woodcutter was responsible, single handedly, for destroying the factory of laughs. We can talk, we can talk, we can talk, but no one knows the truth.
A woodcutter in a haunted shithole is an honorable job. He will surely kill himself by felling a tree on heself.

---

The first order of business is to secure the existence of our people. For this, every tree around must be felled to build strong walls. The miners get to work digging trenches for the inevitable attack from without.
The wagon is torn down, the rump of land we sit upon is flattened, and the magnetite--a plentiful ore of iron--is harvested and thrown on the ground like trash.
[img][/img]

---

Tragedy strikes nearly immediately. Forgetting to assign a carpenter to tear down the wagon, the miners do it for us with explosive results. Nearly every dwarf is caught in the blast.

Luckily no one is seriously harmed. After a quick washup at a nearby stagnant pond, the incident is quickly forgotten. Work continues as planned.

---

The hill is flattened, work can begin on digging in. Bolverkur, the punished woodcutter, is in charge of building a palisade while the Chads begin to dig a home underground. The surface ain't safe.

---

Entry tunnel in progress

---

Mining out the entryway is done.

---

Penlisade is coming along.

---

Dining room.

---

Summer time, see you next season

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

:yeah:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Penis AIDS. lmfao Just kidding but it's fun to say bad words.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

I'm not going to join in because I'm terrible at DF, but I've always wanted to follow one of these. :allears:

I'd like to sign up to be a dwarf as well, please.

Edit: Uhh. Some sort of artisan dwarf. Yeah, that sounds good. :v:

Epsilon Moonshade fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 14, 2017

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't like dwarf forress with the zaxis stuff so i haven't tried it in like 10 years and don't intend to now, but godbless all who do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played it once in MOMA for 40 seconds before going back to the SFII cabinet

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

make me the most god tier dwarf

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I played it once in MOMA for 40 seconds before going back to the SFII cabinet

[looking at the SFII cabinet in MOMA] that deserves to be a musuem

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Break my dwarven ribs and force me into chestplate labor again pls

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
sign me up to die to a rabid squirrel, friend

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
I want to build Brown bricks in mine crap

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i wanna participate but i barely remember how to play DF

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Can one of the starting dwarves still be named after me if I never played my turn

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

ArfJason posted:

i wanna participate but i barely remember how to play DF

Perfect. I'll put you on the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

rediscover posted:

Can one of the starting dwarves still be named after me if I never played my turn

To make the names neutral I just named them after the original Chad 7.

And you have a chance to do your turn now if you want

• Locked thread