Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The game crashed when I tried to make war on the Olm people of the caverns so here's the artifact that Bolverkur made in that alternate reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This happened as well

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

The game crashed when I tried to make war on the Olm people of the caverns so here's the artifact that Bolverkur made in that alternate reality

i was buried in that casket in the alternative timeline

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Let's try that again!

Thinking ahead to the future of the fortress, I begin culling all the unnecessary animals to preserve our FPS.

I build more stills, butcheries and kitchens to increase our food output to industrial levels.

Sure thing, but you'll have to find your own place to sleep!

Hmmm....

Apparently you can't recruit poets into the military!

We need more ostentatious displays of wealth so I ordered the creation of dozens of statues and I'm building them all outside.

I'm also ordering the construction of the Great Dolomite Road that will lead directly to our fort!

This time the mood strikes some nobody that no one cares about.

:\

Beak Dogs attack! Kill them!

I wasn't fast enough to catch it but Halloween Jack was fighting three at once and beat one of them to death. He fought so hard he entered a trance state

This beak dog killed someone, I don't know who yet. Halloween Jack is wounded and enters final combat with the legendary Beak Dog.

Halloween Jack is the winner!

drat...

ArfJason, Geriatric, is dead.

Halloween Jack is a hardened warrior. They will rest, for now. Camoes is the new militia commander and the new head of the Bolt Havers.

Spring has arrived. That's it, for my year.

Notes for the next overseer:
There should be plenty of food and drink. I made meals out of all the meat from the culling.
I made multiple airlocks, they should be keyed to F4 and F5. There should be notes for each on which levers do what.
Avoid messing with the olm people in the depths, they caused me to crash the last time I attacked them.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
:rip: ArfJason.

wtf even is a beak dog anyway

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Prolly like an owlbear but dog form

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Munchables posted:

Prolly like an owlbear but dog form

an owlbear sounds cute but a beak dog sounds like the worst combination of parrot and greyhound

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

an owlbear sounds cute but a beak dog sounds like the worst combination of parrot and greyhound

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

:barf:

but this is a dope bear pet.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
That dork tower thing is run by the guy who did the munchkin art? Neat

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I'll crosspost myself from a while back in the main DF thread:

From the Toad's mouth:

quote:

The original inspirations were, as far as I remember, those things from tremors 2 and for riding, yeah, the labyrinth things, though we didn't get the beaks from that, and the original cautionsaurus. Velociprators weren't an inspiration -- I think that just came up in that thread and I was trying to describe it in those terms. Our crayon pictures of them devolved pretty far away from that though, and they end up looking kind of like wingless featherless versions of my brother's lovebirds. I don't think they have little arms any more.

Tremors 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8tBMfSm-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Q1e8mDDKI

Labyrinth:

Bay12Games' Cautionsaurus:

Zach Adams:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Okay I'll admit the rainbow one is kinda cute. :colbert:

(Thanks for a nifty background lesson!)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

wtf

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

you dead of old, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x-lFFl0956BC8sdDpX6CLsk1lZ4G-YD3

Here's the save, my bad

• Locked thread