Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

yeah actually they will posted:

Is there any better way to get screenshots off the switch than to post them to twitter and then download the image and delete the tweet. also SW-7705-9576-4492

The alternative seems to be shutting the Switch off, yanking the SD card, and taking images off the card directly. Not only do you need to power the Switch off, but the images are stored in an asinine year/month/day file structure and empty folders aren't automatically cleaned up.

Twitter or Facebook are far simpler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Soral posted:

ice cream is, in my eyes, better than cake

This is also true in the eyes of the law now

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Judd is the judge :wow:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's not just Europe
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/888498175379554306

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Evil Eagle posted:

Do you guys know how the ability customization works? Can you put new main abilities on stuff?

Mains are locked in, there's no way to change them. Murch can add more secondary ability slots (up to 3) and scrub secondary slots, removing the abilities and turning them back into "?" slots. Scrubbed abilities generate ability shards. Collect enough ability shards (10, IIRC) and Murch can use them to fill in secondary slots.

If you're looking for specific abilities Crusty Sean sells drinks that increase gear XP and increase the chance of certain rolls. You can get drink tickets and occasional ability shards from Salmon Run.

Annie sells gear with nonstandard main abilities in the phone app, so keep an eye there if you're looking for a specific look and main ability combo that you cannot find in the regular stores.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 25, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Art Academy rules

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Brella is coming in a future update. When the vanilla Brella drops you should see the hero replica version in the shop as well, you don't need to do anything else.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

In Training posted:

Thinking about changing out my ranked mode shirt for something different...thermal ink is cool in concept but 90% of the time you either kill somebody or get killed by them so it's not very practical

I thought it might be cool in situations where you tag someone with indirect fire but then I found out that it doesn't work with blasters lol

Maybe it'll work with the sloshing machine

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Tenacity and Last Ditch are both exclusive to headgear, you can't have both

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
That Sting Ray skip is great and I've used it every time since that video was posted.

I've only got about half of the Octobrush levels between me and 100% Octo Valley completion.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Plebian Parasite posted:

according to the phone app, i have a singleplayer completion of 672%. It's me, i'm the crazy singleplayer gamer

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Plebian Parasite posted:

Oooh.

You get anything in particular?

Not really

Dr Cheeto posted:

You get a Hero Replica set of gear and a 2x XP meal ticket when you complete all levels once, in addition to the ability to use the Squid Sisters amiibo.
You get a 1.5x XP or G meal ticket when you complete a level with all weapons.
You get a Hero Replica weapon unlock when you complete all levels with a weapon.
You get the ability to buy 1.5x meal tickets for 1500 eggs after purchasing all upgrades.
There is no further reward for 1000% completion.

It was fun, though, and I did most of it when I had no WiFi anyhow.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

HolePisser1982 posted:

Haha I was just thinking how satisfying it'll be to splat the sex criminals, cowards, and predators of the splatooniverse

Hmm kind of a weird thing to say about Marina

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

In Training posted:

the Washing Machine will also be returning at 10PM as well

with autobomb and sting ray. I may try this out as a big time bucket guy.

:yeah:
Buckets have always been my favorites.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

dragon enthusiast posted:

it's good content

:yeah:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bell_ posted:

I'm finding this game is a ton of fun. I don't enjoy the single-player experience compared to diving into multiplayer.

Is there anything I actually NEED from single player? Do the rate of fire/ink capacity buffs transfer over to multi?

I see your green floor, I want it painted pink
Don't show me any polls, my answers always ink

Mechanically, the only benefit is the handful of meal tickets you earn during the campaign and the set of hero replica gear you earn after defeating the final boss. None of it is necessary if you don't find the singleplayer engaging.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mekchu posted:

Finally saw some gameplay of the DLC and it looks really cool. How exactly does Nintendo roll out the new items? Like, will non-DLC people be able to get them or is it DLC owner exclusive etc.?

Octo Expansion introduced a few new clothing items and a cool reskin of the Splattershot that you can only earn though completing the DLC, they look pretty nice but it's nothing special from a gameplay perspective.

They regularly introduce new weapons and semi-regularly introduce new clothing and as far as I can tell those will be free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Why not a little pulp? Like if you were juicing this poo poo at home. This Splatfest is hosed up.

• Locked thread