Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Posting to say I took a key, I'll let you know what I think after playing with it a bit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

I haven't gotten far (only on 2* levels) but I like what you've got so far. The game is about playing with building blocks in a CPU architecture. Your basic parts are higher level constructs like adders, flip flops, memory readers/writers which you then use to piece together useful CPU parts like counters and muxes. The solutions have been pretty easy so far partly due to the limited amount of building blocks you start with. I'm hoping when more parts unlock things will become more open-ended and getting the ideal solution with minimal parts will be harder.

The concepts are pretty grounded in real world digital design, so it feels very "edutainmenty" to me. I'm guessing the target demographic would be people who are actually studying this kind of stuff?

One last thing: is there some kind of right click menu or something for objects you've saved to the palette? It'd be useful to be able to name some of the stuff you've saved at least.

• Locked thread