Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
But not everyone does it, guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"Everyone else is doing it, so clearly I'm in the right! STOP BEING MEAN TO MEEEE :qq:"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The inspector gets down but unless you're into 50 Shades level of stuff, you won't like it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

What does that have to do with restaurants
Where did this straw man come from

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It wouldn't have lasted; there's always that one goon gotta gently caress things up for everyone else, because 'it'd be funny'.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The gently caress kind of seafood place doesn't do hush puppies, anyway

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Nobody cares about your opinions re: bartenders

There, can we move on now

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Uh-huh. That's how it starts.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

You, your boss and your company are all insanely out of touch and total assholes.

Put your phone down and get back to work.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Wasn't he the fat iron chef?

E: not to say that being big would've prevented him from harassing ladies, I'm just trying to place where I've heard his name before

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Dec 11, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Looks like 'nevermind' on that 'was a decent person in life' thing, then!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Just because they're old doesn't mean it's okay for them to be any of those things. Being racist, sexist, or homophobic made you a bad person then, and it makes you a bad person now. Some things do transcend generations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The one true heezy posted:

Dude don't ever use a guard on a mando. You'll ruin the bevel and shave plastic into the food.

And that's bullshit
You're right, giving it a garnishing of human flesh when you inevitably run your hand through it is much better, really gives it that authentic Hannibal Lecter zest.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If you're having an affair you're a raging rear end in a top hat and I don't really give a rats rear end about your privacy :shrug:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You seem strangely protective of the person having an affair. :raise:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

And you sound like part of the problem

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Why do you hate poor people? Forcing underpaid employees to spend money they don't have on a doctor who isn't necessary just to avoid punitive action is fuckin stupid.

I agree with all of this, but I've also absolutely had coworkers who called in every time they had a hangover, every time they got paid, and when football season was on. When I have to do even more work because Billy wants to spend April 20th getting high instead of coming in for his assigned shift, I have a hard time feeling sympathetic for him when it gets his rear end fired, and it makes it even harder for me and the coworkers who don't call off for frivolous reasons, because the management will see us all as bad as him on the rare occasion that we do in fact need to call off.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 13, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If they can't see it being cooked and don't have an actual allergy then what does it matter

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's also an entirely optional thing, he could just... not pay it and wait for his pizza like everyone else. :confused:

It's still pretty bad though

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Why would I *want* people to read my terrible posts? I have some standards

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Because some people think "if you're not stealing from your employer, you're stealing from your family" is an actual thing

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Man, all this talk about music at work has made me super aware of how much buttrock and J-pop/J-rock is on my MP3 player. I should probably diversify it some.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I yearn to be able to make that same kind of reply, and I'm a drat security guard.
"We're short at [x] location."
"Ain't that a fuckin' pickle. :geno:"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Now is the time to be planning an exit

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's like Linkin Park: a surprisingly common goon guilty pleasure.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Oh no, blacklisted from the eternal hell-grind that is working at restaurants. Whatever will they do?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Why not both

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My grandmother was best friends with the owner of a really good burger joint we'd go to all the time when I was a kid. They'd just opened a second location across town when the owner died; couldn't tell you what happened, this was over 20 years ago. The second location didn't last long but the first one is still going strong, I like taking dates there. I don't get special treatment and I don't expect it, I just have a lot of happy memories at that place so I like giving them money.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

wh...what

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The monkeys paw curls. You will now be slammed six ways to Sunday each and every shift for the rest of the year.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If how loving mind-bogglingly stupid people have been over this is any indication, they will in fact eat out even more, because otherwise the terrorist-virus wins :bahgawd:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hard disagree on one thing, friend: People who are this loving stupid/out of touch enough to think that doing something like this is in any way funny absolutely deserve to have it brought down on their head.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

All that matters is we agree on the most important thing: that he should be punished for his dumbassery :hfive:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I dunno, I believe it. My last supervisor was married to a dude exactly that stupid.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is very stupid projection.
:ironicat:
Why do you care so much what other people care about

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Again: The General isn't the one who told on the coworker. They told said coworker "If I noticed you doing this someone else probably has, too. Please stop." They didn't stop, they got caught by someone else, they got the boot.

Don't steal if you don't want to roll the dice on getting fired. It's not a difficult quandary.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Trip to the burn ward in 3... 2...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

And if he refuses to put it into writing he knows drat well he's not supposed to be demanding this of you, and doesn't want to give you a paper trail to use it against him.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Mithross posted:

I ran into an old Sous today (now working at a different somewhat less lovely place). He asked if I wanted to come back to cooking. I asked if he wanted to pay me $23/hr minimum. I am still happily not a cook.

On a scale of one to 'Gammon', how red in the face did they get when you asked that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Rugikiki posted:

and the new one doesn’t really like work or responsibilities
Hot drat are they in the wrong profession, then.