Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Edit: Oops, wrong thread.

Drink and Fight fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Stuntman posted:

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Link to the foodchat Discord: https://discord.gg/bFtz9s5

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Alkydere posted:

Ugh, thank you for reminding me of my own "WTF" order from back in my post HS pizza driver days. Though it's more of a "You ate How Much!?" :gonk: story.

Working at a local pizza shop I pick up the phone when it rings as a customer places an eat-in order. I take a moment to deal with our brand new POS system and all of its bugs (I think this was at least after we discovered that black olives had a negative price somehow, still better than using carbon paper tickets) as this guy orders a large deep dish Savage* with everything on it and "extra Canadian bacon on it." CB is the one meat not on the Savage so I ask to be clear and yes, he wants not one but two layers of ham on the thing. Ring the order up, print it out, and build the pizza real quick before slamming it into the oven (days were slow as gently caress so the day crew was literally a manager, a cook, and a delivery guy so we all did a bit of everything that wasn't role specific).

A bit later the biggest, fattest "biker" I've ever seen walks in and pays for/picks up the pizza and proceeds to make himself comfortable on the table closest to the register and begins eating this 12 inch wide, inch and a half thick monster all by himself, a feat that thankfully I did not have to watch as I had to squeeze past him to take an order out. Which means I missed him putting two shakers worth of Parmesan on top: as in he literally unscrewed the shaker lids and dumped them onto the pizza, a fact I was blissfully unaware of until I cleaned the table and found the shakers after he left. And as the guy who did the vast majority of the dishes, I can confirm he loving ate the entire thing besides a few pieces of crust.

*Basically a Supreme pizza. The shop is/was called Conans and named after the old comic series "The Savage Sword of Conans". I hope they're doing well in these COVID time

In college I was a cashier in a pizza shop and I still remember this one guy who came in for a slice with his buddy shortly after Atkins became popular. Buddy ordered a couple slices of pepperoni or something normal. Guy stared at the menu for a long time, conferred with his buddy, stared some more, and finally ordered 2 slices of extra sausage, no crust, no sauce, no cheese. The line cook threw a couple handfuls of sausage on a screen and asked him if he was sure. He was. Guy looked very sad picking his small, crisped, sausage nuggets off the plate while his buddy devoured his delicious slices. I forget how we charged him.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

It was absolutely not a quality sausage.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Deep-fried French toast is absolutely a thing. Try stuffing it with custard.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Who was it here that cooked for a yacht or sailboat, had to plan a cruise-worth of meals that were zero sodium? And then the last night they had a seafood boil where everything would be cooked in seawater, but, oh, that's okay!

That was WroughtIrony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

Oh hey, this one is local for me.

Right, but she is known for doing this, and has mostly pulled it off in the past.

For me, the crux of the issue is that I think the customer is lying about how they handled it; the restaurateur would not have responded that way without a charge back.

I was leaning this way but then I got to the part of the article with screenshots of her replies to Yelp reviews. Big Amy's Baking Company energy. Off her loving nut.