Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Animal-Mother posted:

If this poo poo kills Islay whisky, then I'll really be in a bad mood.

Surely a sparsely-populated island is a fairly safe place to be right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

SHVPS4DETH posted:

there is no way there isn’t a regulation they’d have to skirt to make that sale, and why would you want an already tapped keg?

Who knows? If they're allowed to sell to-go now probably a lot of states didn't actually make anything specific enough to prohibit it. They already paid more in taxes for the keg than a consumer would pay for off-premise consumption anyway. They would effectively be stealing the metal keg itself as they don't own it and you probably won't return it, but you're more likely to get in trouble for stealing a blue pallet than a keg.

source: me, a guy who had a kegerator and was always scrounging for kegs

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

postmodifier posted:

This drives me up the loving wall, do not label the jars "clean" and "dirty"

Try 'sanitized' and 'used' instead, so that the jars actually reflect their intended purpose

Someone using a pen doesnt make it dirty, for fucks' sake

Writing is only dirty if it's done right.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

What's going to happen when half the cooks on Earth lose their sense of smell or taste because of covid? "Taste this. Is it ready? Is it good? More salt?" I have no loving idea, I might be permanently hosed up from a virus.

Shut up and eat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y9QRYWEXz8&t=67s

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

The funnier online only brands are the ones that operate out of actual restaurant kitchens, like It's Just Wings, which is ordering chicken wings online made at your local Chili's....expect there is no indication anywhere that you're ordering from Chili's.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

fizzymercury posted:

That happened to me twice working at Domino's. The first time was a wash. The second time had me as the only line cook and shift lead and one driver trying to complete 22 separate tickets that had landed in half an hour on a friday so that we could close the store after everyone else walked.

We were not successful and the owner fired us instead of the manager that walked mid-shift. I learned everything about misplaced loyalty that night.

every day real life seems more like Snow Crash and its driving me to madness

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

pile of brown posted:

If she was doing those same tasks (ie packaging goods and delivering them to a client) anywhere but a restaurant she'd be required by law to be paid better. Be mad at the employer and the law, not random customers for not shouldering the operational costs of a business after paying their bill.

porque no los dos?

Besides, someone paying for a large catering order on a corporate card isn’t a “random customer”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

A good wine key is so loving great. I hate going to one of my parent's friends' party and they have some weird thing to open wine that cost them way too much money and then they can't open a bottle of wine with it. I get asked to help because I used to be a waiter and I'm just like "this is a piece of poo poo , do you have wine key" and I dig through their kitchen drawers until I find one because they usually do.

It's almost like a party trick to open a bottle of wine in 5 seconds. You look like a madman because seemingly no one realizes that 99% of the time you don't have to cut the foil at all, and it will come off with a modicum of force.

Actual party trick: open a bottle of wine with a shoe (I've done this once)