Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

fizzymercury posted:

Why in sweet blistering hell would you agree to PAY to work there? You aren't saying things that make spending any amount of effort on that place worth it.

Seriously. Plus if you buy those shoes, you're going to feel obligated to work more shifts to make it "worth" buying those shoes.

It's not worth it, don't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Isn't an air-fryer just a very small very hot oven?

We use ours at home all the time and it's great! Makes fries and such crispier than the oven without the hassle of the deep fryer, and it does an awesome job on frozen raw chicken wings if you do it right. It's not that it's hotter than an oven (it only goes up to 400) but being convection and blowing air around or however it works does a great job making things crispy and fairly quickly.

I'm not sure how well it would translate to a restaurant setting since you pretty much need to clean it a little between foods, at least how ours is designed, but I'm a big fan of it.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

fizzymercury posted:

The reddit thread on that is just a bunch of dipshits bragging about getting numbers from servers and talking about how easy it was to tell if they were actually interested or just doing their job. Like every time a server says "Hey maybe that worked for you but it usually doesn't and you shouldn't really encourage guys to try anyway" they're shouted down for being a prude.

America is hosed up.

America is hosed up but I don't think sexism, entitled males, rape culture, PUA, MRA, etc are remotely limited to America.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

At at least the university I work at, tuition has been frozen by the legislature for years. I'm pretty sure they can't even lower it, although they were able to find some funds for special "grants" for more people. That sounds great for the students, but it's not, because the legislature has also cut funding for the school by a billion percent, plus they made the university get rid of their emergency cash fund about 5 years before the pandemic hit.

Student loan debt, i'm completely with you. That poo poo is hosed. But the main reason tuitions are soaring (at least for state schools) are that the legislature has killed funding in most states.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Mithross posted:

I just kind of think you shouldn't go out drinking where you work. Not because you shouldn't be allowed to, but because who wants to drink at the place they hate being 10 to 12 hours a day already? Drinking at work should be resolved for holiday parties regardless of where you work, unless you are drinking on the job, which is a different thing and not really covered in the scoop of this post.

It can create happy memory associations with the place and/or coworkers so that you end up hating it/them just a little bit less when you're there the rest of the time. And it's more hygenic than banging in the walk-in.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

The Maestro posted:

The most efficient is to have one person rolling the tape out, one person following behind and writing on it, one person following behind to cut it, and the first person loops back around to place the tape. Meanwhile someone is supervising and someone else is asking how long until tape is up.

One man labels, the second man follows. When the first man falls, the second man picks up the roll of tape.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

We used to have a regular group at a bar and we'd drink a huge amount. Most of the time I think it would have come out somewhere around $300 for the bar tab, except the bartenders liked us a lot so it'd instead be like $60 and we'd leave like a $200 tip. Everyone was happy and the owner made enough money from being on State Street in Madison that he didn't mind bartender discretion for stuff like that.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

captkirk posted:

Computer toucher here, half my job is yelling at computers to make myself feel better.

Seriously. When I still went into work, my coworkers told me one time that they could judge how productive I was being by how much swearing was coming out of my cube.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

Never understood this. A job is a job. And working for the government you can potentially join a cool union like motherfuckin' AFSCME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mw49mk_x0

*cries in Wisconsin*

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

I didn't finish reading it. I understand horrible things happen.

Did you get more than 10 pages in?

Yeesh.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

FFT posted:

Grats on that one thing, but what on earth is this?

https://youtu.be/lvL-I3Dfeqc?si=wQTB5Tj2TP3XMdtr

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Disargeria posted:

The low dollar amount on the lawsuit seems... low if their facts were all true.

I believe the “in excess of” is doing a lot of heavy lifting there, and it likely relates to the wording of the statute or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Arkhamina posted:

My one anaphylaxis food is easy to spot and not commonly mixed with things where you can't spot it (melons, weirdly enough). Curse of all fruit salad, buffet spreads, but such is life.

That said, if there was a drug that actually cures celiac, they would likely get to punch my wallet hard.

How have I known you for 15 years and not known this melon thing? Good thing I never serve melons in anything I suppose.