Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

theyre trying it in finland, utrecht that i can remember off the top fo my head

it seems pretty meager though. something like €560 a month in a country where the average income is €3500 a month and rent for a small apartment averages €800-ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Lyon posted:

also most breweries are going for the new england style ipas now. neipas focus less on massive ibus and more on 'juicy', citrusy, fruity flavors. there have been a number of ipas with zero ibus lately.

craft beer is a scourge.

how do you make an ipa, a style defined by hop usage, with zero ibus? the only way to hit zero is to use no hops at all

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

a proper saison made with a dupont yeast strain fermented at higher temperatures is amazingly good

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

usually this means they don't drink american macrobrew pissbeer and only have one or two mega-hoppy ipas because they are 8% alcohol and cost $10 a glass

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

ipas and even double ipas can be good, though often they're just used to hide the craft brewer's inability to produce a decent beer by masking it with tons of hops.

i can count the number of ipas that i like on one hand and have fingers left over. so many of them just seem like the brewer added random hops until it tastes like they juiced a pine tree

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

andorra, a nation with ~70,000 people on it, consumed approximately 57 liters of wine per person in 2014, exempting minors

that is approximately 76 standard 750ml bottles, nearly 1.5 bottles per week for every adult.

that's a little more than 1.5dl a day, which is basically one properly filled glass of wine

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

tapped my home-brew pumpkin ale yesterday

it's good

e: also kegged my 8.5% spiced christmas ale. needs to sit for at least a month to let the spice flavors mellow and blend though. try it too early and it's just a vanilla bomb

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 31, 2017

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Anal Del Raytheon posted:

i dont really get the point of nitro

it's insoluble in liquid (vs co2 which dissolves into the beverage) so you get smaller bubbles rapidly coming out of suspension which results in a creamier and smoother texture

it also means that beer carbonated and served with pure nitrogen gas will be flat in minutes. to combat this the nitrogen used for beverages isn't actually pure nitrogen, it's something like a 70/30 nitrogen/co2 blend.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

at least the first one was just a joke

i think

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

grandpa simpson's car uses about 1.2 liters of fuel per meter traveled

that's .00196 mpg in dumb american units

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

spankmeister posted:

330 is a standard serving size in Europe. 300 is also common.

0,5L or get out :colbert:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

had some black ink red wine with dinner

that is some drat good wine for $9 a bottle

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

i bet the only reason they don't is because they found people complain about it going flat before drinking it all

given how much soda some people drink these days, that's probably less of an issue than you would imagine

soda cups that hold 1/2 gallon or more aren't uncommon these days

quote:

2011: KFC introduces a drink so big that it has a bucket handle to carry it. In what can only be a cruel joke on humankind, for every Mega Jug purchased, KFC promises it will donate $1 to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

the first documented instance of someone actually buying winrar

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i actually have an unopened can of billy beer somewhere in the basement

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

saturday night quarantine, double fisting turkish coffee and the second glass of a homemade 9% christmas ale

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1386490885832159233

i've been brewing for a decade, yet somehow missed the trend of burger stouts

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

stopped over in dc for the day and hit up the red bear brewing co after dinner. The saison keg kicked when she was filling the glass and they didn’t have anymore, so they gave me what was poured, plus another full glass of whatever I wanted. free beer is the best beer

the saison tasted like it was fermented too cold anyways, but I’m naturally biased to my own house saison that uses a yeast blend to maximize flavor and dryness and spends its fermentation period either outside on the hottest summer days, or next to a heater to keep the temperature up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

wow. i just had a martini but without everything that was not gin

churchill's method of making a dry martini was pouring a glass of cold gin and looking at a bottle of vermouth across the room