Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i got some 3 stars southern belle brown ale. it's...okay. i've had better. their white ipa is better

southern belle...white ipa.... hmmmmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

left hand and duckrabbit make better milk stouts imo, but lancaster's is still really good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

esteban is getting the sleepy needle today, and i'm pouring him a saucer of pappy van winkle in a few hours.

sorry to hear, buddy. :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

spankmeister posted:

What you guys don't have a fifth of whisky each day?

found tori's alt account

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

are you a dwarf

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pbr is slightly sweeter than e.g. bud and that's about all i can say about it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the bsd boys posted:

pbr is a lot like sex on the beach in that it’s loving close to water

no, sex on the beach is vodka and schnapps and some fruit juices and tastes nothing like pbr

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

what is malt liquor

it's just "strong" american lager. (not actually strong except when compared to standard american lagers)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

that's like 1100 calories, half of it from the wine lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

big scary monsters posted:

i tried quench quake, brewdog's attempt at a sour beer. it is not very good and also not really much like an actual sour. followed up with a classic favourite, and it turns out theakston's old peculier is still a great ale

have you had dogfish head seaquench? that sounds similar.

I was in Knoxville tn for the weekend and we hit up a bunch of breweries Friday night. crafty bastards and pretentious brewing were definite highlights. Sunday we stopped into post modern distillery and I got some whiskey and gin to bring home with me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

i bought some mezcal that i don't know what to do with

drink it imo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i feel like people who complain about hoppy ipas or even strong stouts are deliberately only choosing ones with names like "HOPSECUTIONER" or "IMPERIAL BARLEY DEATH" and are somehow shocked that they are very flavorful.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

tonight i drank a sixer of stone enjoy by 01.01.19. it's a good dipa, which is to say it drinks like an ipa, but stronger (9.4%). i've definitely tried way more bitter ipas

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

whoa whoa whoa what is this

it's scotch can you even read

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

went to bottomless brunch today, and sat at the bar. you can choose from sangria, mimosas, tecate (it was a mexican spot), or bloody marys. ordered a mimosa and the bartender decided to make me a "manmosa" in which he added some flavored vodka and triple sec. needless to say, it was a very happy brunch.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

spit it in his face and demand he make another

or just ask nicely since he was really friendly

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm not watching almost 2 minutes of mcafee to find out what that is

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

what if... you made a beer, but with weed instead of hops?? :okpos:

https://vinepair.com/booze-news/flying-dog-cannabis-beer/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

no thank u

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm drinking flying dog's the perfect disguise, which is a double ipa made to taste like a kolsch. I'm not 100% sure they pull it off but it's tasty.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i tried to look up the mtn dew ingredients label and instead discovered this exists.

http://www.mountaindew.com/labelseries/products

thanks i hate it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fart simpson posted:

im not going to look it up but i do not believe mountain dews primary ingredients are not water and sugar, in that order

i looked it up and you're correct. concentrated orange juice is third, followed by citric acid then "natural flavoring". all of which is to say that calling oj the "primary" ingredient is a bit incorrect. at that point, there's probably something like 4 parts oj for 3 parts of natural flavoring, which will certainly change the flavor significantly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oneiros posted:

2/3 of the top ingredients (by volume? mass? i assume there’s some regulation that specifies which i’m gonna have to look up) are sugar water. mmmmmm, diabetes.

having a lagunitas “secret agenda”. it’s pretty good.

I believe it’s by weight.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bell's Oberon y'all

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

those cans are strong, too. my fat rear end can stand on one and they won't crush.

or that was the case like a decade ago it's possible they have changed them idk

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

nothign now but i'll be in mexico tomorrow until thursday and will be drinking lots of fruity things that have had some sort of alcohol within a few feet of them, for sure.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Resting Lich Face posted:

Ginger beer mixed with Kraken Rum.

Surprisingly excellent. Well I guess it's not surprising that its good but its particularly good which is surprising.

why are you surpriesd that a dark and stormy is good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

graph posted:

bud light or equiv and water alternating, friend

yeah they said natty boh

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

spankmeister posted:

It is, because cans are better at keeping beer fresh than bottles.

maybe they prefer the flavor of slightly skunky beer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

depends on the lab and the use. cleaning ethanol is probably going to be denatured cos it's cheaper and it doesn't matter, but i worked in a biology lab that had plenty of 95% ethanol lying about where the only contaminant was water - you had to pay full alcohol duty on it when ordering

e: please don't eat or drink things you find in a lab

people pay good money for "research chemicals" to get hosed up tho

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

I wish I could

except like, enlightened man, not hosed up

you can. i believe in you, echi.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Devonaut posted:

Yeah you would think by now soda would be sold by the gallon in US grocery stores.

i bet the only reason they don't is because they found people complain about it going flat before drinking it all

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

can you explain what you mean by "one of the guys"? i'm genuinely curious. i don't want to treat someone in a way they're uncomfortable with

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

prefect posted:

semi-serious question: what's the difference between "infusing" and "putting some of this stuff in my drink"?

if you just put some stuff in your drink, you'll get a bunch of solid matter. if it's infused, that should be filtered out

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cans are better than bottles in every way other than being able to do it at home

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mix aloe gel and everclear. congrats, you have hand sanitizer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

made a negroni with some irish rose gin

it's v v v good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Fool posted:

my afternoon cocktail was a gin and 'tonic' using perrier instead of tonic water

it was fine
that would way more accurately be a gin and soda. tonic has a specific flavor. it's not just carbonated water.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the owners of bulleit are assholes don't buy from them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

ah, duly noted! its not something i keep around but as things are bourbon was on the purchase list so that sounds like a good time to try something else

just curious, are they assholes like the yuengling owner assholes (anti union) or like the rogue owner assholes (terrible employee treatment and corner cutting)? not that it matters really. theres no shortage of decent brands to try

also i didnt hear rogues founder passed a few years back, i wonder if they made changes to their worker treatment since then
the founder fired his daughter for being gay and she has more recently accused him of sexually abusing her as a child

https://gothamist.com/food/daughter-of-bulleit-bourbon-founder-says-she-was-fired-for-being-gay

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/money/companies/2019/08/27/bulleit-bourbon-founder-accused-of-abuse-daughter/2050140001/