Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

so so very wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

People making these sweeping statements, almost like they don't know what they are talking about

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Corla Plankun posted:

rum tastes better than whisky and its about 1/4 the price yall

you can mix drinks with it but it's just too sweet to sip on imo, unless you buy very expensive aged rum which defeats the purpose

if you send me to a tiki bar i will consume a lot of rum and enjoy it. but i have a bottle of rum that has been sitting in my cabinet for a couple years. every once in a while i'll think i'm in the mood for straight rum, pour a drink, and get about halfway through before deciding "nah"

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

spankmeister posted:

People making these sweeping statements, almost like they don't know what they are talking about

YOSPOS, bithc.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i dunno a thing really about bourbon but i like bulleit in a cocktail sometimes

yesterday was a beer and brandy day: a beer for reading outside, and brandy for sipping very slowly while making a big batch of pasta sauce

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the owners of bulleit are assholes don't buy from them

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
just drink the four roses guys. it was an olde tyme poo poo tier brand but it got sold to the japanese who hired a great master distiller and now it's good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Endless Mike posted:

the owners of bulleit are assholes don't buy from them

ah, duly noted! its not something i keep around but as things are bourbon was on the purchase list so that sounds like a good time to try something else

just curious, are they assholes like the yuengling owner assholes (anti union) or like the rogue owner assholes (terrible employee treatment and corner cutting)? not that it matters really. theres no shortage of decent brands to try

also i didnt hear rogues founder passed a few years back, i wonder if they made changes to their worker treatment since then

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh, yesterday was a nice shiraz from a mom and pop winery in the area that went well with a red sauce i made the day before

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

drinking cider-mosa with cider from a local cidery

cider

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

ah, duly noted! its not something i keep around but as things are bourbon was on the purchase list so that sounds like a good time to try something else

just curious, are they assholes like the yuengling owner assholes (anti union) or like the rogue owner assholes (terrible employee treatment and corner cutting)? not that it matters really. theres no shortage of decent brands to try

also i didnt hear rogues founder passed a few years back, i wonder if they made changes to their worker treatment since then
the founder fired his daughter for being gay and she has more recently accused him of sexually abusing her as a child

https://gothamist.com/food/daughter-of-bulleit-bourbon-founder-says-she-was-fired-for-being-gay

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/money/companies/2019/08/27/bulleit-bourbon-founder-accused-of-abuse-daughter/2050140001/

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeeeesh, a somehow worse awful. gently caress

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

well gently caress, four roses it is

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

whoa that bulleit guy. I was thinking generically American bad like union breaking or something. what a scumbag.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I ran out of bitters today

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Fool posted:

I ran out of bitters today

a bitterless day :(

got some dry vermouth and more vodka, gonna do martinis tonight maybe? we lack the glasses but will make up for it in enthusiasm

oh there was mead last night too. nice and floral and smooth

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

thanks, i would from time to time get it but didn't know about this and now wont.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Pardot posted:

thanks, i would from time to time get it but didn't know about this and now wont.

:same:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

any stories like that about Evan Williams?

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
The Evan Williams story is pretty much BS, but so are most bourbon histories sadly.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Radio Nowhere posted:

The Evan Williams story is pretty much BS, but so are most bourbon histories sadly.

I don’t care about the founders story. I just like the single barrel but was wondering if there were any horror stories like the bulliet one.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

The Fool posted:

I don’t care about the founders story. I just like the single barrel but was wondering if there were any horror stories like the bulliet one.

To my knowledge don't believe so.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

beer and a movie, roni be damned

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
There is nothing better than; there is nothing better than.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

eagle rare

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time.

um I should probaboblry nevermind and go back to Mackintosh.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zeluth posted:

The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time.

i see you’ve been drinking

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Zeluth posted:

yeah, the one thing i know about macos is that you want to update as soon as possible when a new version comes out, just a great thrilling experience

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Powers John's Lane 12YO

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why do hangovers keep happening to me :qq:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
drink water my friend

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

and supposedly less sugary booze? but most certainly water is good in quantity as well

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

drink a cup of water for every 'drink' you have (1 shot, 1 glass, 1 can, 1 bottle)

also, my hangovers are way milder if I don't drink beer or wine

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Kavalan, a whisky from Taiwan.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Fool posted:

drink a cup of water for every 'drink' you have (1 shot, 1 glass, 1 can, 1 bottle)

backwards! I contribute my comparatively mild hangovers to drinking beer because I’m consuming so much fluid. I don’t want up dehydrated or massive headache, just average feeling. spirits or wine gently caress me up

Agile Vector posted:

and supposedly less sugary booze? but most certainly water is good in quantity as well

is bitterish beer high in sugar

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chris Knight posted:

drink water my friend

I should also just drink less but 🤷‍♂️

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

I'm not sure… I've only heard it in reference to hefeweizens as claimed by a hefe drinker

The Fool posted:

ive noticed this too, I'm less likely to be stuffy the next day as well

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Drinking water helps tremendously in my experience. One for one is best but if the night didn't work out that way then I drink 1.5 liter of water before going to sleep. Yeah it makes me piss like a race horse but it helps a lot, the kidneys can get rid of the toxins in your blood and you won't be so dehydrated which is the main cause of headache the next day.

Hefeweizen is my favorite style of beer but the yeast always gives me gas lol

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

hay fa vite sin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

gently caress this poo poo, it's time for a pliny