Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i mostly drink new amsterdam and tonic these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you have to unscrew the cap one direction, then the other, and then the original

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dislike button posted:

Nuclear take: scotch is overrated garbage for affluent nerds who thumb their noses at normies who drink IPAs

ipas litterrally exist as a way to hide the flavor of beer that's gone bad. ipas are horrible and for the same idiots who like flavorless hotsauces

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

how can a person from the same area as Maine Beer Company have this opinion

IPAs are bad no matter who makes them. also maine beer company is a lovely name cause we have like 100 different beer companies.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Allagash is prob the best of Maine's larger brewers.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sebagos not bad and they got a place right next to my work. not really a fan of shipyard but people love that pumpkin head

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

i only really drank sea dogs at their brewpubs in bangor and scarborough. sebago has one in scarborough though too, among other good dining options (portland pie, etc)

that's the one near my work. i was gonna say its kind of a lovely area for food but that's really in comparison with Portland proper which has so much good poo poo.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cold weather sucks rear end. global warming ftw

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kuvo posted:

this

nitro stouts can be really good but i wouldnt trust a nitro ipa

yeah ipas are trash

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

i don't know gin

whats a way to get into it????

new Amsterdam is cheap and good for summer.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
please come to maine, spend your money, and then leave.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
thank you

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

syscall girl posted:

hmm

i know porters were invented by the british with their clever naming schemes

what porters drink, call it porters

and IPAs which i love "how can we send casks of booze to our m8s in the colonies? up the abv!"

IPAs are "load it with hops so nobody can tell its gone bad"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ipas are trash for idiots

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

All measurement systems are inherently stupid as gently caress but the frantic attempts of the metric bois to find ever-more-abstruse “objective” bases to hide the fact that, like all human measures, they are just so stories merely underscores the depth of the psychotic affectation that is the metric system, hth?

they don't even know what a kilogram is anymore cause the random lump of metal at some place in france they were using as a control has diverged from all their other controls

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

A FESTIVE SKELETON posted:

4 day weekend coming at me with Memorial Day grilling, what am i drinkin?

The correct answer is Gin and Tonic.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Resting Lich Face posted:

Gin is never the correct answer to anything except the question: "what is the worst liquor?"

mods, please

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
anise is gross as hell

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if thats what you got its totally fine. If u do have some limes tho u can make ur own lime cordial. I use this recipe: https://jeffreymorgenthaler.com/lime-cordial/

good for quick lime needs or for things like gins gimlet

also for frozen margs using frozen limeaid concentrate rules

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

prefect posted:

frozen limeaid concentrate? intriguing

i like to make "tom collins"es with san pellegrino lemonade, so this has appeal

lol yeah its ez mode. dump ur ice and maybe some frozen fruit in a blender, poor in the tequila, and then scoop in some frozen limeaid concentrate, blend it all up. super good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also for juicing limes or other citrus get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FLKWLCV/

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

Fresh lime juice is clearly superior, I'll buy limes if I'm in the mood but I don't keep them around. I only drink like once a week at this point so if I get a craving for a margarita I'm not going to go out into the hellworld on a special trip to get limes. Plus I like to put a couple drops of lemon juice in a highball.

in modern hellworld you can get the limes to come to you

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

it's probably more work for me to order limes on the internet than to put shoes on and go to my corner store

yeah i aint putting on pants just to get limes.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

these tend to break super easy. ive found this is at least as good and somehow more satisfying:
https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Wooden-Reamer/dp/B0007VO0DA/

i have the one i linked and idk how i could possibly break it. And if i did i'd just buy a new one cause its so much better than using a reamer.

Shaggar fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 24, 2021

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Corla Plankun posted:

wooden reamers are a thousand times better than any other kind of juicer

it is impossible to overstate how much easier it is to stab/ream citrus than any of the other methods, and the clamping ones like shaggars leave too much juice on the thing

nah, the clamping ones get way more out than reamers and they're way easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i would drink an egg nog