Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Crosspost from the DJ Thread in ML:

I've started a new series of mixes, completely unplanned across four decks. I'm recording them with video from a Sony FDR-X3000 Action Camera on my head (later down the line I might grab another camera for a second angle), but unfortunately I've run into a few snags, chiefly among them being that Chew.TV is having hosting issues and my video uploads have been 'pending' for a week now.

So here's the audio for the first two test runs:
ACTION STATIONS (test mixes)

One mix is Bass House & Breaks, the other is Drum & Bass.

You'll notice that there are a few pops & clicks in the audio; I think it's time to give up on the S/P-DIF connection between my DJM900 and Scarlett 18i20. Other than working out that kink (and Chew.TV fixing their poo poo), in the future these mixes will be longer, and obviously will have video - maybe even in 4K if I can figure out why the camera is overheating and fix it.

Anyone know of any other video hosting/streaming platforms similar to Chew.TV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
New Chemical Brothers album is loving fire.

In other news, crosspost from DJ thread again:

Video is finally live for one of the test-runs mixes I recorded with an action cam on my head. Oddly, it's not the D&B one I uploaded over a week prior.

Enjoy what ~22 minutes of unplanned Breaks and Bass House selections across four decks looks like from my POV. Or don't.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Datsik, AKA The Most Punchable Face in EDM, resurfaced the other day with a video explaining his long absence from the scene following some scathing allegations of sexual assault against him. The video is a seven-minute exercise in self-indulgence, shot in his expensive studio, with nary an apology to be heard.

This whole fiasco has shown the lovely duality of the EDM scene: While there are still loads of Brock Turner-lookin' neon rapemutants defending him, tossing out tired whataboutisms and whining about 'cancel culture', it seems the larger consensus among the EDM scene is that we're having none of this poo poo. It remains to be seen whether this soft-penis non-apology works out for him and he gets some bookings from money-hungry festival organizers, or he will fade back into obscurity and return to the Kelowna ketamine puddle from which he spawned, like he deserves.

Reminder: Troy is one half of Ephwurd as well (the other half being Bais Haus or something?). I'm told that since the allegations, the duo have split but it's something to keep in mind.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Stepped a bit out of my wheelhouse (D&B) to spin a short set of ~128BPM. This is also the first time in a while I've pre-planned an entire set. It came together really quickly, but I'm less familiar with my House tunes than my Breaks or D&B, so some of the transitions could have been a lot tighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtWCEzj4ufQ

Tracklist:
Deadmau5 - Let Go (ft. Grabbitz) (EDDIE remix)
Hidden Face - Anxiety
Ghost Dance - Erased
Eekkoo - Run
BYOR - Leave Me Again (MASTERIA remix)
Wuki - NYC 2 LA (ft. Roxanna) (Bellecour remix)
Malaa - Notorious (Honey & Badger remix)
Nikki Nair - Automatic
Bicep - Saku (ft. Clara La San)
Stanton Warriors - Rise
S.P.Y - Don't You Leave Me
Ranger Trucco - Ear Ringing
Keeld - Bourlingue (PEACEMAKER! remix)
MNNR - Right Within
Bijou - Benjamins (ft. Wifisfuneral) (PEACEMAKER! remix)
Future Punks - Get Pump It (club mix)
MNNR - Boomy Chance
Flatmate - Pina Colada
TV Noise - Rhythm
Zeds Dead - Lost You (ft. Twin Shadow & D'Angelo Lacy)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I was never really a huge Daft Punk fan, compared to a lot of their contemporaries - when Homework was big, I was listening to the Chemical Brothers and Prodigy a lot more. But having thought about it, Discovery did have a special place in my CD wallet, the sentimental tunes like Something About Us hit me pretty hard as a young teen. The 'guitar' solo on Digital Love still gives me goosebumps and this face when it hits that low note. Learning much later that the 'sidechain' effect they ostensibly made famous in EDM is actually basically nowhere to be found on that album is a neat little music nerd pocket fact. I was kinda cheesed about Kanye's use of Harder, Better, Faster Stronger because at the time I really loving hated the guy's music, but being forced to listen to Yeezus a lot at work, the other tracks they co-produced are honestly loving brilliant. Random Access Memories largely didn't do it for me, except for Giorgio By Moroder and Contact, both of which had epic crescendos, and blindingly groovy funk drumming that made me really want to get back behind a kit. Instant Crush, with Julian Casablancas' bored/morose vocals piped through one of DP's signature "is it a vocoder, Melodyne or a talkbox, or all three?" effect chains, was also great. The disco revival stuff was kinda fun too, for all of ten minutes. I didn't care for their collab with The Weeknd.

Maybe I'll throw on my vinyl of Aerodynamic later tonight. I'm bummed out that they're done, but not nearly as heartbroken as some of my friends in the scene, that I won't ever get to see them play live. It didn't hit me nearly as hard as the same realization did about Rush (the band, dummy).

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Oh wow I totally forgot about Human After All. I guess I found it pretty unremarkable compared to what I was listening to at the time (I was probably catching up on a lot of D&B). In the same way that Homework only did it for me with the radio singles, it was fine. Technologic gave us Touch It by Busta Rhymes, which is a big guilty pleasure for me.

Shoutout to the TRON Legacy soundtrack though. Right place, right time for the band and they didn't waste that opportunity. The 303 version of the the main theme that played over the credits is epic as gently caress. Also easily the best IMAX 3D experience I've ever had, in no small part due to that soundtrack.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Rageaholic posted:

I saw it in IMAX 3D at midnight the night it came out and it was pure bliss. The soundtrack contributed a whole lot to that wonderful experience.

Haha, same exactly. Seated in the theatre's sweet spot, too. My legs were still shaking for like ten minutes after we left the theatre, it was such a sensory overload.

Great pinball table, too.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
oof

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Bassnectar is going down.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah, good riddance to another creep.

Wooks on parade defending his rear end on social media, though. I've always said it's astonishing how many hypocrites and assholes there are in the rave community. Tons of dudes who go to festivals and preach PLUR and compassion and free love who turn out to be jerks, conservatives and even total creeps.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

well why not posted:

Datsik, maybe? He was a predator and a lovely person. Also loving weird that he wore a rice farmer hat and ninja garb like MK's Raiden on stage.

Yeah, it was Datsik, AKA The Most Punchable Face In EDM. He released a couple of incredibly wack-rear end statements in response to allegations, and I think tried to return to the scene last year. He's also one half of Ephwurd.

Nothing good has ever come out of Kelowna, British Columbia.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah, not even in the same league as grooming underage girls.

Hell, sometimes opiate addictions make people into better artists.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I think Squarepusher's stuff is generally considered 'breakcore', or possibly where the confusion comes in, 'IDM' - 'Intelligent Dance Music', a term I personally find so offensively arrogant that I just say 'breakcore' instead. Similar artists include Aphex Twin and Venetian Snares, although Squarepusher's tunes were always on the more musical and less downright-abrasive side, compared to those two. I think he's a legit jazz bassist (he had another experimental project with a band called Shobaleader One, and I think it was him playing bass), which certainly explains how his sound retains a decidedly organic and funky element while still being based around heavily-syncopated breakbeat samples.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Bust Rodd posted:

The first time someone used the term IDM in front of me it was to describe Shpongle to some freshman girl and I called the dude a tool.

Haha what a buffoon, everyone knows Shpongle is Goa/psybient.

I used to listen to a LOT of Shpongle. They were like, my answer to Tool. I felt so enlightened, but having gone back to listen to their stuff again recently, I find most of it to be REALLY embarrassing. Even some Aphex Twin tunes (any of the breakcore numbers on Drukqs) have that quality, but Squarepusher's music seems to have held its character against the test of time.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 22, 2021

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm more surprised that it was both of them than anything else. Any time I've ever seen NERO it's been just one of them, and the most memorable thing about the show was how many cigarettes the guy smoked onstage - he was like his own fog machine, it was nuts.

Welcome Reality was definitely a genre-defining album and a huge hit, I still prefer their earlier dubstep like Bad Trip or the Streets remix tho.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah :( Celebrity deaths rarely make me tear up but hearing about Keith was like a gut punch. Sorry you never got to see him perform with them, it was a wild show back in 2010 for the Invaders Must Die tour. Only electronic show I've ever had to move BACK away from the stage, the crowd energy was too intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RT0uHn8RUg

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Ten years ago to the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7W_NBO3fHQ

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
RIP Lost Lands Festival

https://twitter.com/LiveSmileBHappy/status/1441800894136213513?s=20

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I shouldn't have read through the Twitter thread because I learned that there's also some loving wook who takes his pet guinea pig to festivals. >:(

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I feel the same way. I was writing up a response when Bust Rodd posted ITT about dubstep a few weeks back, but got distracted and never finished it. The dubstep heyday was a big part of how I got back into electronic music in my early 20s. There was a lot of variety, and a lot of drum & bass producers trying their hand at it to various effect. The most popular stuff that had staying power in my mind were the few big names, KTN, Excision, Feed Me, Knife Party, etc., but it's few and far between even these days that they have releases that excite me like they used to. And I've all but abandoned the heavier side of the genre (outside those few artists' releases) since almost everything I've heard in the past couple of years has been the same 1/8 note chainsaw wobble over uninspired drums.

That kind of dubstep is certainly 'the metal of electronic music' in that it's a mostly-male audience whose idea of 'good time' and 'rage out' are synonymous; the kind of dudes who crack their necks headbanging at the barriers, or mosh awkwardly and think it makes them tough. To each his own, but that hyper-aggression hasn't done it for me in years. My latest mix had some dubstep that had heavy elements but tear-out tune after tear-out tune is so hard to mix, and doesn't satisfy anymore.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
OPERATIONS vol. 20 is live. As usual, this is mostly D&B, but it takes a very unexpected turn into some house and techno near the end. Very hotcue-intensive, probably the most work I've put in for a planned mix since my Traktor days. I'm really glad I could put this together and share it in time for the Andy C show tonight. Also gently caress, I can't believe there are twenty of these mixes now.

OPERATIONS vol. 20

Tracklist:
Dub Phizix & Lovescene - The Line
Soul Connection - Down On Me
Nymfo - Before Dawn
Alix Perez - Moving On (ft. Liam Bailey) (Break remix)
Dunk - Fake Love
Dub Phizix - God’s Tears
Marcus Visionary - Steady Rock
Simple Simon & Pharoah - Diamond Cut
Zero T - Come & Reprazent
Acid Lab - Amon Re
Makaveli - Cockney Joe
Martyn Nytram - Gunshot
Lupo - Retrograde
Kublai & Minor Forms - Future Motion
BCee & Lucy Kitchen - Surfacing (Emba remix)
Low:r - Bawlin’ Out
NC-17 - Widow Maker
FreezeUK - Stay Focused
Marcus Visionary - Full Control
S.Murk - Hat Spine
Agro & Devilman - Head Top
Sola & Jfal - Rattlesnake
Trex - Let Me Go Again
H20 - Parasite
NC-17 - Bunged Up
Toronto Is Broken - Make Me Feel
Fat Sushi - Life, Death & Robots
Shapov & NERAK - Vetra
Fach - Like This
Boys Noize - Nude (ft. Tommy Cash)
The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl (Kink remix)
The Beatkillers - Like This
Pesnya & Van Murten - Groove
Vagan - Hipster (Oganes remix)
Silque - I Wanna Luv U
Basement Jaxx - Romeo (ft. Kele Le Roc) (Harry Romero remix)
Groove Armada - Superstylin’ (ILL Phil & Lorenzo remix)
Basement Jaxx - Where’s Your Head At (Stanton Warriors remix)
RedLight - Sweat (club mix)
Neon Steve & MARTEN HORGER - Hip Hop

Link to audio-only downloadable/streamable version here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rLDin-SxW3F1Y9mBlu1EzzraS7P-rnYl/view?usp=sharing

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Bust Rodd posted:

A hard pivot in BPM is probably the most advanced move a DJ can do and one of the truly skill intensive displays of production acumen that sort of resembles musicianship, which is why they are usually harsh and you gotta just power through it but it’s also why when someone really nails it feels mind blowing.

I'm constantly on the hunt for tracks that deploy 'metric modulation' as a technique to change tempo, because it's way more fun and challenging as a DJ than using a track that has a rhythmless breakdown or ramped tempo - and personally, I think cranking the pitch fader to manually create a tempo change almost always sounds like poo poo. I haven't found much in the way of metric modulation though, outside of the work of Dirtyphonics - one of them must have been a metal drummer or something, because they use that technique a LOT.

Agreeing with the sentiment that a lot of dubstep especially has remained unchanged since 2012. There are still a few innovators but they're usually not 'dubstep producers' per se, and the rest of the scene is nearly identical eighth-note chainsaw sounds. I pivoted to 'festival trap' a while ago, I mean I rarely play any but those crates in my DJ library still see growth while I largely ignore what's labelled as dubstep. Oddly though, even though the 'deep dubstep' side of things has also remained relatively stale, I still love playing it (see OPS vol. 19). Once a stoner, always a stoner, I guess.

The Walrus posted:

that one year when you'd walk around a festival and hear flux pavillion's 'i can't stop' playing from multiple stages at the same time

I've always hated this song, and honestly most of Flux's output except for Bass Cannon.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Is he DJing or 'playing live'? Seeing him with the Cube setup in 2011 at the Skydome was one of the best nights of my life*, but I've heard mixed reviews of his other performances and DJ sets, that range from 'rudimentary boring techno' to 'lol he brought a bottle of Szechuan Sauce and gave out samples to the audience, I'm pickle riiiiiick'. The Cube is legit cool though, easily the second-most-interesting visual experience I've seen tied to an EDM artist's button-pushing.

* The 2011 show was particularly awesome because I managed to sneak _seven_ friends onto the floor who only had 100-level tickets. Imagine seeing any musician in a 53,000-seat arena, buying your tickets too late to get on the floor, and having to sit in the bleachers while the artist performs more than 400 feet away in a giant reverberant tin can. Then imagine your friend who bought a ticket early, hands you the ticket that security never took away and says "it's worth a shot, just go back up and tell them you never got a wristband." That this worked as many times as it did, let alone at all, made me feel like a loving hero. Also, so did the cute girl, and the heaping pile of drugs.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I think at least part of my aversion to Flux Pavilion's music is that he looks exactly like I did when I was 14.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I really hope Borgore is the next EDM artist to get #metoo'd. I loving hate that guy.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

well why not posted:

Borgore put "suck it bitch" before a drop and layered gagging sounds over basslines. The ultra-sexual stuff is juvenile even through the most generous lens. Sure, it might be a joke, or a persona, or just "his art" but in a post Marilyn Manson world it's a bit more complex.

Yeah it's mostly this. Also he was a dick to my friends when they saw him live, wouldn't allow photos and gave off major diva vibes. Also he served in the IDF.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Virgil Vox posted:

I agree stuff like that can be tasteless but I'm not going to assume he's a rapist based on art and I sure hope he didn't assault anyone. I don't think it's good practice to wish without evidence that someone turns out to be a rapist. Does seem to be a trash person otherwise though.

Would it help you to know that he's already a war criminal by association? I'm not 'hoping he's a rapist' (though I guess it does come off that way when I reference the hashtag), I just think his music is terrible and he's an rear end in a top hat, and wouldn't be surprised based on his body of work if he did do something gross, but mostly I just want him to go away forever.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I don't care about the sexism angle or anything like that, like I said he was a dickhead to my friends and his music is objectively terrible.

Serving in the IDF means you're complicit in genocide. Yes, the same is true of Infected Mushroom (used to love 'em, also used to be a chud, their live act sucked and I'll never buy another one of their tunes) and basically the entire Goa scene.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah he changed the game. Legitimately the Elvis of dubstep

Oof, this is apt in a couple of ways.

I always liked this guy who did metal covers of aggressive EDM tunes. Hearing the mid bass from Bangarang played on a guitar is really sort of an "oh, NOW i get it" moment.

https://youtu.be/zpi0w3wPE3M

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s 100% Beastie Boys and not close

What tune, Sabotage?

It's been a long time since I've deliberately attended any festival EDM or really anything other than a D&B show, and even when I did most of the acts I'd go to see weren't the type to do gimmicky poo poo like drop something totally out of genre just because it's a hot tune. Back when I was doing festivals regularly (jfc, almost 10 years ago now) it was a lot of Major Lazer and maybe 'Animals' by Martin Garrix.

There is one D&B DJ I've seen a few times who'd always drop Smells Like Teen Spirit mid-set, which I hated so much that I'd leave for a piss and a smoke every time. I want to say it was DJ Hype, but I'm not sure.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
More dubstep producers whose time is up: Trampa, 12th Planet and Gammer are being accused of sexual assault and worse by a photographer.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Barring a couple of hits I also don't care much for Deadmau5's music and I've never gone out of my way to deliberately listen to Kaskade. I would also agree with Bust Rodd that mau5's albums are often a lot of filler material that goes on too long in support of two or three good singles - having grown up on the Chemical Brothers, I love when an album feels like a DJ mix, but personally Joel's progressions never held my attention that well. To each their own, though.

The 30-second preview of a track sounds fine, in that it sounds exactly like I expected: A dotted-note pluck melody with a lush female vocal on top of it. That's their whole formula. I'll wait to hear the rest of the song and maybe another single before I decide whether to follow them. In any case, we'll probably get some cool live visual accompaniment when they tour. Has Deadmau5 retired the Cube?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Can't wait to see the stage setup for that one. X always brings incredible visuals. He's my guilty pleasure and basically the only aggro dubstep artist I still follow. But lol this came up in my FB memories today:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Virgil Vox posted:

I loved when dubstep was just tipping its toes into that aggro sound before it got all craz

Yeah same. The whole advent of the dubstep sound happened right when I was getting back into electronic music, and it's 100% the reason I constantly kick myself for not getting into it sooner. Coming back to Toronto right as the heyday of Bassmentality was peaking and ending was certainly a bittersweet experience. This is my tune - it's heady, it's spacious, but it's got some downright aggression. God help you if we were neighbours when I'd come home late at night and turn on the subwoofer to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L7GrFUmrzg

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah, his production heyday as Feed Me was around the time that a lot of the biggest breakout artists were producing so many different genres that you couldn't really nail them down as 'dubstep producers'. Calamari Tuesday had some great tunes that were well outside the 140 wheelhouse. Blood Red was the tearout dubstep tune to me, though - way more emblematic than anything Skrillex or Nero were making around that time.

I love that he came back and started doing more Spor.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

hifi posted:

timmy trumpet

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
This album turns 25 today. Pay your respects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UafeQIkj5c

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Apparently I was three days late, the album actually came out on April 7th. Whatever, still bangs.

Virgil Vox posted:

"It Doesn't Matter" would always sound so good in my brothers car, something about that bass note / speaker combo shook the whole block.

As a kid this album was one of my go-to's for drumming practice, so It Doesn't Matter was probably my least played tune. Never really been much for the four-on-the-floor house rhythms (until later in life as a DJ, anyway), and the opening beat sounded almost exactly like one of the demo drum patterns on a little Casio keyboard I had. But yeah, when the Brothers do a big house/techno beat, they always come correct with the hypnotic sub bass. Under The Influence from Surrender is my go-to 'let's see how well these subwoofers work' tune.

It was the other tunes like Get Up On It Like This and Block Rockin' Beats that were on heavy repeat, as a kid with big dreams behind a drum kit. I didn't know it at the time but I was playing along to all the classic break samples, setting a good foundation as a groove drummer. :)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Gross. Just blow some coke into it like an adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Ear Peace is another good option for tuned earplugs. They offer similar ranges of dB reduction, sound fine, and come in a slick metal keychain holder, which has a compartment for a spare plug (which is also a great place to hide a small bag of pills or powder).

The only complaint I have about them is that the plastic ends stick a little bit out of your ears; if you plan to use them for DJing they can get in the way of certain headphones whose drivers are very close to your ears.

Of course, my big problem is that I never wear them while DJing and often forget to put them in attending shows.